• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nnsqcfDixH1qmtbr4o1_1280.jpg

Source
That could make for a pretty cool white t-shirt, like this Hotline Miami one.

That Goth video Alex posted is amazing. I've seen it before, but...it's amazing to see people who are just free to themselves.

the thing about cybergoths is that as a subculture it is/was silly to the point of being unassailable. like to the point where people who try to make fun of it end up just looking pathetic.

people weirdly devoted to steampunk or pirates, however...

the thing about cybergoths is that as a subculture it is/was silly to the point of being unassailable. like to the point where people who try to make fun of it end up just looking pathetic.

I probably wouldn't want to end up in a place full of cybergoths but the scene around here is so small that all the parties end up being a mishmash of styles from old school goth rockers through rivetheads to cybers, and I do enjoy the colour they bring with them even if the aesthetic itself isn't exactly my thing. They're people who manage to stand out from the crowd in parties for people who stand out from the crowd.

popo

Jeff's complaints about the secrets in Bloodborne actually being hidden keeping it from being a great game really has made me realize what a bummer roller-coaster delivery of content in so many games is. So few games have any sense of discovery, think it's a good thing that the game has had such a great reception in most places. I just remember being heartbroken at Tomb Raider's giant "SECRET TOMB NEARBY" messages which were one room puzzles.

Not like the crew has ever been adventurous though, they were actively spiteful towards the Souls series until it actually became popular and everyone gave it a second chance.

He has mentioned it before. It is more that he feels the constant pressure to retain and recover your souls stifles exploration. The death penalty is core to the game but also makes a lot of people nervous about experimenting or straying from the obvious path.

Also, that last paragraph makes you sound like one of those souls fans. Dark Holes (TM) I call them :p

daydream

Banned
Didn't Jeff straight-up say that the loss of souls holds no weight for him in the last Bloodborne video? I remember being quite astonished by that statement since it completely dismantles one of the assertions that avid proponents of those games tend to hold up as one of the fundamentals for their reverence. As if you don't lose progress when you die in video games (well, I guess if you're only used to big checkpoint-littered productions from 2006 onwards, you'll probably be in for a surprise).

Didn't Jeff straight-up say that the loss of souls holds no weight for him in the last Bloodborne video? I remember being quite astonished by that statement since it completely dismantles one of the assertions that avid proponents of those games tend to hold up as one of the fundamentals for their reverence. As if you don't lose progress when you die in video games (well, I guess if you're only used to big checkpoint-littered productions from 2006 onwards, you'll probably be in for a surprise).

If it wasn't in the Bloodborne video, it was on the UPF. I recall him saying that because he could just go back and grind the souls from somewhere, it wasn't really important to rush back to the point where he died.

That might have changed as he leveled up and the requirements for souls increased.

I've never watched any - what's a good one to start with?

This is not a proper run but the pokemon red run was very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmxmPwmfOk&feature=youtu.be&t=2157

^ that's how I played the game. at one point i lost like 200k and just said "fuck it"

also I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons to not buy that Duck Dynasty game on sale for $10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319410/

someone save me from myself

you will get stuck on the first boat race and will not be able to continue

Watching the Castlevania part of the Live Live show - how the fuck do these people figure this shit out? This is nuts. Even the way the dude navigates through the game and XBL menus is intense.

Bacon

Watching the Castlevania part of the Live Live show - how the fuck do these people figure this shit out? This is nuts. Even the way the dude navigates through the game and XBL menus is intense.

Have you watched agdq or sgdq? That stuff on the bllsl was just the tip of the iceberg

They explained it at some point. These days, thanks to emulators and being able to dig into the game's code, they're able to discover exploits that they didn't know were even a thing before.

my jaw was on the floor as he debugged it in real time

It's like, you see these lines of text and you're wondering what's happening, and then the chat actually comes up, and then they start saying Hi Couch and everyone begins losing it in the crowd and on chat.

And then the "mom get the camera" guy comes up and I lost it.

No upcoming content, is GiantBomb dead?

somebody needs to announce that their game/platform/service is going to die in some far off date so that the schedule always has something in it

does OnLive still exist? that seems like a likely contender

I can think of an exception that you would likely make to that

I love anime but anime sucks

I can't think of any non-movie anime that I would recommend to strangers, even if I enjoy it

you're responsible for your own anime fate

Jothel

you're right

"Sony has acquired important parts of OnLive. Due to the sale, all OnLive services were discontinued as of April 30, 2015."

well shoot
Oh wait it was that recent? I wanna say they talked about it on the bombcast at some point, they seemed to think this may been a "well, might as well buy the competition" sorta move by Sony.

Anjin M

Danielle Riendeau via Twitter said:
Looking on gaf late at night, listening to the bombcast, playing bloodborne, and cutting more bloodborne footage.

Danielle Riendeau via Twitter said:
Seems there are rumors swirling around about me1 And about NYC. Oh my.
Danielle is watching. Everyone act cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom