• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

brett was the best guest

I honestly would read a Jeff book that is just full of anecdotes about his life that had little to do with gaming.

He knows how to tell a story, and he's done some ...interesting... things in the past.

His story about how he moved out of parents' house because of a joke was fascinating.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
A racing wheel is a wise investment

Especially good for delivering a trailer of Euro Goodies across germany

Anjin M

I honestly would read a Jeff book that is just full of anecdotes about his life that had little to do with gaming.

He knows how to tell a story, and he's done some ...interesting... things in the past.

His story about how he moved out of parents' house because of a joke was fascinating.

Forget all of the other potential video game books. I want a memoir from Jeff.

Tucah

you speak so well
The ones with guests, GB or not, are all the best of the bunch. The ones with just Dan and Danny aren't as good.

The guests are why I listen to the podcast. Dan and Danny are good but I have no interest in listening to an advice podcast with just the two of them, while the guests have for the most part all provided an angle that's a little more interesting.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
ETS 2, a g27, and TrackIR = way more fun that it has any right to be.

Yeah I'd love a trackir. I haven't played ets2 in a while, but I had to set my gear "paddles" (buttons on a DFGT) to pan left/right to give me some head control without reaching for the mouse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A racing wheel is a wise investment

Especially good for delivering a trailer of Euro Goodies across germany

America Goodies in 2015, friend
American-Truck-Simulator-1.jpg

Fox318

Only one way to start this week off right.

Mario Party 5 stream announced.

Do the right thing Jeff. Subject yourself to party games for 17 hours straight for others amusement.

Guys help I've been wandering around IKEA for two and a half hours and there's no end in sight. I've already eaten the meatballs... I don't know what to do

This was also my exact experience my first time stepping into an iKEA. I got lost for two fucking hours and had to post a Facebook status in order to find my way out.

The 1 oz water for every pound that you weigh thing has me baffled.

Lets say I did it, that would means between 5 - 6 liters a day for me. I can usually do 3 liters of water a day - I don't think I could ever double it.

edit - wait a sec, I think I am confusing lbs and kg. It would be a lot more. THIS IS INSANITY

Lelcar

We really need a Brad Danswers. I wanna know more about him!

Vinny Danswers was good though, and he mentions Ryan Davis!

Megasoum

Banned
The 1 oz water for every pound that you weigh thing has me baffled.

Lets say I did it, that would means between 5 - 6 liters a day for me. I can usually do 3 liters of water a day - I don't think I could ever double it.

edit - wait a sec, I think I am confusing lbs and kg. It would be a lot more. THIS IS INSANITY

For weight loss? I assume you're talking about something on Danswers? Not there yet in the podcast but I'm going through a weight loss program right now and it's half your weight in oz of water everyday.

For weight loss? I assume you're talking about something on Danswers? Not there yet in the podcast but I'm going through a weight loss program right now and it's half your weight in oz of water everyday.

It was on Danswers. I am not sure if the question mentioned weight loss - but to me it seemed excessive.

Adding it up for myself would total a lot of water I thought. I am somewhere around 100kg. The whole bodyweight to water conversion just seems like a needless metric to confuse things IMO. I usually drink between 2-3 liters a day, and thats seems good to be healthy. I never even thought about weight as a measurement into the water i drink

I am not even sure what the extra water is supposed to do - other than maybe suppress some appetite

Anjin M

Only one way to start this week off right.

Mario Party 5 stream announced.

Do the right thing Jeff. Subject yourself to party games for 17 hours straight for others amusement.

July 2, 2015. Mark your calendars
as the day I eat crow

Megasoum

Banned
It was on Danswers. I am not sure if the question mentioned weight loss - but to me it seemed excessive.

Adding it up for myself would total a lot of water I thought. I am somewhere around 100kg. The whole bodyweight to water conversion just seems like a needless metric to confuse things IMO. I usually drink between 2-3 liters a day, and thats seems good to be healthy. I never even thought about weight as a measurement into the water i drink

I am not even sure what the extra water is supposed to do - other than maybe suppress some appetite

Wait sorry, I meant in pounds. So for examply I'm a bit over 300lbs so roughly 150oz of waters a day aka 4L a day... Yes that's a LOT of water lol.

I like how now that we are past MGS3, no one is in any sort of rush to start MGScanlon part 4.

because we all know it aint gonna be pretty.

because we all know MGS4 is a turd burger.

maybe they should just stop the series while they're ahead. No amount of nacho cheese on that blu ray disc is going to make that thing good.

Again, they should just get big bags of popcorn and put it on "watch" mode.

One recording session, 7 parts, done and out of the way. Then they can move on to the best MG game, MGR.

Wait sorry, I meant in pounds. So for examply I'm a bit over 300so roughly 150oz of waters a day aka 4L a day... Yes that's a LOT of water lol.

4L does actually not seem too bad - I usually drink 3L. I never had a reason for that number though, just seems right. I was adding things up wrong, and thinking people were doubling/tripling my intake - which would be scary amounts of water.

I am still not sure about where the body weight to water conversion comes from, or what it is supposed to do to people. Never heard of such a thing until today,.

Megasoum

Banned
4L does actually not seem too bad - I usually drink 3L. I never had a reason for that number though, just seems right. I was adding things up wrong, and thinking people were doubling/tripling my intake - which would be scary amounts of water.

I am still not sure about where the body weight to water conversion comes from, or what it is supposed to do to people. Never heard of such a thing until today,.

Yeah me neither but I trust my nutritionist lol.

And yeah 4L is not too bad but it's just a bit too much for me to reach it naturally during a normal day. Helps when I got to the gym since that's an easy 1-1.5L right there.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I like how now that we are past MGS3, no one is in any sort of rush to start MGScanlon part 4.

maybe they should just stop the series while they're ahead. No amount of nacho cheese on that blu ray disc is going to make that thing good.

Facts. Let's see them play the original Metal Gear, or Snakes Revenge, or even Blue Stinger. There are tons of games better than MGS4 that they can play instead.

Lelcar

It's weird, Metal Gear Scanlon 2 is my absolute favourite, but I didn't get into Scanlon 3 too much, yet I like Metal Gear Solid 3 over 2 in real life.

Vinny is definitely my favourite guest so far , not including Jeff. He's so level headed and always tries to look at things from all perspectives, something I feel the Dans don't do often.

I have never felt more on the same page with Dave than I do right now.

@enemykite Although there are a lot of great guitar riffs from the 80s, if pressed, my favorite is the intro in Dire Straits’ Money for Nothing.

Curufinwe

Drew will like it more than the first 3.

Tucah

you speak so well
Following the same every other week schedule it's been running on so far, Old Games Show is on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom