• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

It's okay to admit that Jak 3 is the best.
I can't speak to Jak 3 but going back to Jak 2 was awful. The hovercrafts are so terrible to control and driving around the narrow streets is actively unpleasant. Jak 3 is likely better just because you spend less time in them.
I liked that game when it came out, but, when I went back to it with the HD version, I was not impressed. The first Banjo-Kazooie is a much stronger entry in the collectathon subgenre. I'm sure I will hear otherwise on the Bombcast from fringe lunatics.

Jak & Daxter has stronger direction than most other collectable platformers out there. The environments are fun and expansive and the way the game uses Precursor orbs to guide you to different areas of the environment is extremely smart. With older games like BK the levels usually just have different sections placed around that the player wanders to randomly. I collected everything in J&D and I got over 90% of it through the regular story progression. There was no frustration of going back to levels and wandering around because the item placement made logical sense.

swimbuff

What's the scoop on Vinny Danswers? Is it worth a listen? I didn't much care for the podcast when it's just the two hosts, but I enjoyed the Jeff and Nikki Glaser episodes.

Based on the egg chat yesterday, I made Egg in a Basket (or whatever it is called) this morning...

hc3xrmal.jpg

It might be just an egg fried together with a slice bread, but it was nice.

EGGS!

Lijik

I liked that game when it came out, but, when I went back to it with the HD version, I was not impressed. The first Banjo-Kazooie is a much stronger entry in the collectathon subgenre. I'm sure I will hear otherwise on the Bombcast from fringe lunatics.
Jak 1 is the collectathon platformer for people who actually like solid platforming, but its cool if slowly walking up giant spirals is more your speed.

Jak 1 is a great game. My most liked platformer that generation.

The J&D series is weird. Each game is so different from one another. 1 was the Mario 64 wannabe, 2 added a bunch of GTA3 shit into the mix and I never got super far into 3 but it added dune buggies and deserts.

I dont even know what the people asking for Jak 4 would want. Making a new Rachet or Sly Cooper game seems straight forward but Jak and Daxter has been so all over the place its hard to nail down what the core is.

popo

Harsh bro, way harsh.

Regarding Danswers it just seems weird to be taking life advice from you. Balding and single living in a shitty apartment with no real relationships except for your dad describes both you and George Costanza.

When people don't like Dan they make it super awkward and personal. It always says more about them than Dan and it's funny how completely oblivious they are to it.

The standalone expansion for giantbome's true top ten game of the year Wolfenstein is out today. Pretty fun once you get past the slow first chapter.

If someone is leaving San Francisco and heading to New York City, driving 12 hours a day, at about 40 miles/ hour, and the total distance between cities is ~2800 miles in total, how many days would it take them to get there?

Myggen

When people don't like Dan they make it super awkward and personal. It always says more about them than Dan and it's funny how completely oblivious they are to it.

I liked his answer to the next question:

Q: Have you ever eaten a Twinkie?

A: I’m more offended by this question than I was by that last guy who said I was a bald loser.

The Tumblr GB crowd is probably the kind of GB fan who's most likely to dislike Dan, going by some of the GB fan Tumblrs out there.

Do you fight mecha hitler in the new Wolfenstein game?

If not, why not? It would totally work in this cheesy take on Wolfenstein they have now.

Afraid they might offend Hitlers fans?

Does the Hitler licence cost too much now?

On second thought it's never actually stated as such, I remember the implication being that Deathshed displaced him as he's only mentioned a few times and all of the portraits of him are removed whereas they were very common in the other games.
I totally expect him to re appear at some point, Wolfenstein is so weird that they can come up with a bunch of ways to explain him being back.

I totally expect him to re appear at some point, Wolfenstein is so weird that they can come up with a bunch of ways to explain him being back.

"Hitler died because of some reason so we froze his head until we had the technology to revive him. Now we do so we stuck his head on a robot with chain guns for arms"

My pitch for The New Order followup I am currently calling "Wolfenstein: Back to the Fuhrer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom