• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
rfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfvhurd.png

Hanzou

Would people be into an podcast RSS feed of audio rips of Giant Bomb videos that don't really need video?(Jar Time, Poster Signing shows, stuff like the BLLSL premium stream, that DND show, maybe Jeff's Mixlr) I make those anyway because I like listening to them while doing other stuff, and based on how many people asked for the audio BLLSL stream it seems like there's demand?

Obviously I would only give the link to people I can verify as Premium members. Just gauging interest. I don't know if that would be super frowned upon, since a lot of the stuff would be premium videos.

I would pay you millions of dollars for it! It is something I always meant to figure out how to do myself but never looked into it.

Myggen

Would people be into an podcast RSS feed of audio rips of Giant Bomb videos that don't really need video?(Jar Time, Poster Signing shows, stuff like the BLLSL premium stream, that DND show, maybe Jeff's Mixlr) I make those anyway because I like listening to them while doing other stuff, and based on how many people asked for the audio BLLSL stream it seems like there's demand?

Obviously I would only give the link to people I can verify as Premium members. Just gauging interest. I don't know if that would be super frowned upon, since a lot of the stuff would be premium videos.

If you worry about the legality/morality of it you could always just send a PM to Rorie or Jeff or something. The shady thing I can see with this is doing it for Premium stuff, especially if it's a consistent RSS feed that someone in theory can continue to access after their Premium expires. It would probably also be easy for someone to give this out to someone else? I don't really know the technical details about something like that.

f0rk

Wonder how much FX stuff Dan hasn't seen. Best channel after HBO. Justified, Terriers, The Shield, The Americans, early Sons of Anarchy, Damages, early Nip/Tuck, You're the Worst, Archer, It's Always Sunny, Louie, Wilfred. The Bridge had some moments. So does AHS. So much great stuff.

Tyrant kinda sucks, though.

I bet Dan would love Always Sunny

The last season is one of the best seasons of TV ever produced. Season 4 is also incredible.

Yup,
the last episode of season 5 and the final episode are fucking rough.

The Westerado quicklook was great, definitely going to pick the game up at some point.

William

Mary and Alexa are Gamespot's Anime editors: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gamespot-plays-omega-quintet/2300-6424677/

And they go in hard.

I might be too used to giantbomb stuff but gamespot's editing of gameplay videos like this really annoy me. I wish they would just chuck up the original full length video instead of cutting between parts (like they do in this video). Sometimes they leave the whole thing up there and its listed under "Now Playing" but "Gamespot Plays" is apparently a different thing and only the edited video is available. Shame as I like the guys on gamespot and would love for them to do more "quick look" style content.

danm999

I bet Dan would love Always Sunny

Maybe start him off with the episode The Gang Wrestles for the Troops.

Uh oh. Dan just asked on Twitter how anyone without health insurance can afford medical care. If he follows down this road, he won't like what he learns about the American health care system.

They either don't or go into horrible debt, right? That's kind of the entire reasoning behind the ACA I thought, though as a non-American the whole political discourse around something basically every other first world country does baffled me.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Wonder how much FX stuff Dan hasn't seen. Best channel after HBO. Justified, Terriers, The Shield, The Americans, early Sons of Anarchy, Damages, early Nip/Tuck, You're the Worst, Archer, It's Always Sunny, Louie, Wilfred. The Bridge had some moments. So does AHS. So much great stuff.

Justified - Seen a few episodes

Terriers, The Shield, The Americans, Damages, You're The Worst, Wilfred, Bridge, AHS - none.

Sons of Anarchy - Two episodes

Nip/Tuck - First four seasons (it had its moments, but wasn't great)

Archer - One episode, maybe? Felt Adult Swim-y to me, and I hate Adult Swim.

Always Sunny - Tries too hard. Has some funny moments but I don't consider myself a fan.

Louie - great stuff. Louis CK is the best stand-up comedian of all time.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I bought The Shield because of your tweets despite never watching it before nor having any interest. It's $34 for like 29 discs, so why not.

Mully

Terriers, The Shield, The Americans, Damages, You're The Worst, Wilfred, Bridge, AHS - none.

Always Sunny - Tries too hard. Has some funny moments but I don't consider myself a fan.

Watch Terriers. Great show that had really shitty marketing. Terriers is not about dogs or dog detectives.

Myggen

Watch Terriers. Great show that had really shitty marketing. Terriers is not about dogs or dog detectives.

Yeah, great show. Only 1 season too, so no big time investment.

I need to watch past season 1 of Hannibal soon, dunno why I stopped there because that season was incredible.

Has anyone tried NatureBox since Giant Bomb started advertising them ? I am extremely curious to try them, but I don't think they operate in Canada.

edit: oh, they totally do ship to Canada. Darn, I don't have the money. Eventually though.

danm999

Frisky Dingo probably had the best season 2 pivot in terms of premise, then ended that arc in the most satisfying way possible.

Neither of you idiots are eligible to be elected POTUS.

Bacon

Has anyone tried NatureBox since Giant Bomb started advertising them ? I am extremely curious to try them, but I don't think they operate in Canada.

edit: oh, they totally do ship to Canada. Darn, I don't have the money. Eventually though.

Some of the food was pretty good, but it felt a little expensive for what you got. I could rip through all 5 snack bags in like a week no problem.

Dan, where you a fan of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? If you weren't, disregard this, but I feel like I came up with a satisfactory concept for a hypothetical final season or two (This requires both Terminator: Salvation and Terminator: Genisys to be rendered non-canonical). Basically, following the end of season 2, John is now in the future and begins to lead the resistance. The two most pertinent missions currently to him are 1: Protecting Allison, who was the girl Cameron had originally killed and modeled her appearance on and 2: Destroying the Terminator, Cromartie from going back in time, thus repairing the timeline of events between T2 and T3, creating a wrinkle where there are two Johns. One in the future and one in the past. We would see Future John send Kyle on his T1 mission. Under the leadership of Future John, the Resistance earns some victories. Eventually, Skynet resorts to desperation and is finally able to kill John. Skynet taunts the Resistance with the defeat. The Resistance is close to crumbling when a young fighter finds a capsule with a shocking surprise. Inside is past John Conner and his girlfriend from T3. He is brought to the high command, who are all happy to see him. Of course, John has no clue who they are, but soon enough, is leading them into battle. When Skynet sees John Conner, they glitch out trying to fathom how John Conner is still alive. How he was resurrected (A little on the nose, but JC, resurrected- get it?). This moment is the turning point in the battle and from then on out the Resistance begins to overtake Skynet and is eventually victorious in the war against the machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom