• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real, guys. Danielle saved Idle Thumbs from itself. The show has been on an incredible decline since none of the guys are forced to engage with the absurdities of the modern video game industry. But Danielle has to do that shit for her job, so those conversations were sneaking back in between Sean's misguided and unbearably absolute positions on game design, Jake's shame at enjoying video games, and whatever the hell Chris does.

Squidbillies is truly terrible television.

Jintor

Let's be real, guys. Danielle saved Idle Thumbs from itself. The show has been on an incredible decline since none of the guys are forced to engage with the absurdities of the modern video game industry. But Danielle has to do that shit for her job, so those conversations were sneaking back in between Sean's misguided and unbearably absolute positions on game design, Jake's shame at enjoying video games, and whatever the hell Chris does.

agreed 100%

yall danielle haters can get off this train

Justified - Seen a few episodes

Terriers, The Shield, The Americans, Damages, You're The Worst, Wilfred, Bridge, AHS - none.

Sons of Anarchy - Two episodes

Nip/Tuck - First four seasons (it had its moments, but wasn't great)

Archer - One episode, maybe? Felt Adult Swim-y to me, and I hate Adult Swim.

Always Sunny - Tries too hard. Has some funny moments but I don't consider myself a fan.

Louie - great stuff. Louis CK is the best stand-up comedian of all time.

Justified doesn't get truly great until the second season. That's of the greatest seasons of television of all time, though.

It also has probably one of the top 5 best series finales i've ever seen. Probably the single most satisfying one, for me. The last scene is incredible.

I can't recommend Sons of Anarchy to anyone since that show devolves into complete trash really quickly, but the first season was pretty good

Flipyap

I don't know if she saved it, I think she only made it weirder.
It used to be a video game show by dudes who don't play/like video games, now it's a show where a person who plays video games struggles to explain them to dudes who don't play/like them.
Usually that's Danielle, sometimes it's a guest, but it's always weird and futile.

Kurdel

Banned
Seeing Jeff do another Westerado quicklook is hilarious. Both times he is like "murder everyone" "shoot her, shoot her, shoot her"

for real.

I don't know how it's possible to not like cyberpunk cop killers.

She brings so much energy and positivity to the thumbs, she would have great chemistry with Vinny.

Fobwashed

Danielle is super amazing. Pretty much anyone talking mess about her without any legitimate complaints are people I'd prolly rather not associate with. If someone has some actual complaints, fire away. If it's just vague nonsense about x person ruining x thing... meh.

In my opinion, there hasn't been a single hire that hasn't turned out great for the site. I have the utmost faith that this will continue to be the case. I'm super excited for any upcoming news about GBs new hire/s.

I've been having a pretty great past few weeks so I'm on a bit of a high. I'll come back down to normal soon I'm sure =]

stardust is borderline jobbing right now and it's bumming me out

I really loved his articles. The site right now is hurting for any actual stories. Also, Spookin' w/scoops, Worth Reading, and his Spelunky stuff were all really enjoyable to me. Obvs YMMV depending on what you're into.

His articles were hit or miss to me, and he was never really that entertaining on-camera. Just when it seemed like he was getting a little more experimental and interesting with his content (the video things he'd do, etc), bwoop he's gone

His articles were hit or miss to me, and he was never really that entertaining on-camera. Just when it seemed like he was getting a little more experimental and interesting with his content (the video things he'd do, etc), bwoop he's gone

Moving to Chicago where he was by himself severely limited his ability to grow on camera as well as his appeal. I did not watch any of his content. That's not a knock on Patrick; I would probably not watch any solo content.

you would say that, mister new homunculus ire

Despite my incredible qualifications, I am not the new hire.

Moving to Chicago where he was by himself severely limited his ability to grow on camera as well as his appeal. I did not watch any of his content. That's not a knock on Patrick; I would probably not watch any solo content.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I love Spelunky, but am I going to watch him play it? By himself? Daily?

DJRawr

Neo Member
Before this goes even further into Crazytown, Danielle is moving to NYC because her girlfriend is. I would love for Danielle to be the new hire (she saved Idle Thumbs for me), but I doubt she even applied.

Jintor

he was definitely at his best playing off all the others.

jeff and vinny are the best at solo content imho.

GBEast is considerably more mellow an outfit than GB Prime, so I'd prefer to see someone who fits into that mold rather than the wacky cast of characters you guys keep mentioning. I have someone in mind who I (probably incorrectly) think would be perfect, but I sincerely doubt they'd leave their current job.

Him?

#NewDaySucks.

bangy-chan, were you excited when they talked about tay-sway on this week's Bombcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom