• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
There's Adult Swim, and there's Adult Swim. There's a pretty big difference between quality stuff like The Boondocks, Frisky Dingo, The Venture Bros, Rick and Morty, Home Movies and the bad stuff like most of the other shows. Archer is part of the former.

Myggen

There's Adult Swim, and there's Adult Swim. There's a pretty big difference between quality stuff like The Boondocks, Frisky Dingo, The Venture Bros, Rick and Morty, Home Movies and the bad stuff like most of the other shows. Archer is part of the former.

Sure. Rick and Morty is my favourite new show of last year. So good.

Gamespot commenters keeping it classy:

Fuck's sake.

Gamespot has no moderation it seems.

Tucah

you speak so well

This is true. There's a lot of Adult Swim I can't stand but the shows you listed are all fantastic.

Myggen

real talk, though

I feel like Adam Reed's stuff's only gotten better

Archer is better than Frisky Dingo is better than Sealab 2021

Sealab is by far the worst, but has its moments. I prefer Frisky Dingo, but Archer is incredible too. Can't go wrong with that guy.

Really good Bombcast this week btw. Team Kirkhope.

danm999

No lies detected here.

Sealab is by far the worst, but has its moments. I prefer Frisky Dingo, but Archer is incredible too. Can't go wrong with that guy.

Really good Bombcast this week btw. Team Kirkhope.

Waking Quinn is a dope 11 minutes of television. Hesh's segment is the best work MC Chris has done outside of his crybaby thing after that one show where he kicked some guy out for talking shit on Twitter.

Kirkhope's shit always just felt like kiddy funtime playland music. David Wise, though? God damn did that dude make some fucking music.

Hey, everyone! What are we all talking about? Archer? Right on!

I actually have something of substance to say about what you mention in your edit message but I'm not supporting that bullshit by indulging.

Nothing compares with the old school not giving a fuckness of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Having an episode where Space Ghost crawls after an ant for 15 minutes is some next level shit. They got close with Harvey Birdman, but that is what Adult Swim should strive to be. (And yes, I know that technically Space Ghost came before Adult Swim proper, but it still counts.)

Nothing compares with the old school not giving a fuckness of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Having an episode where Space Ghost crawls after an ant for 15 minutes is some next level shit. They got close with Harvey Birdman, but that is what Adult Swim should strive to be. (And yes, I know that technically Space Ghost came before Adult Swim proper, but it still counts.)

you know what episode of space ghost is best

flipmode is the greatest

Egg0

Banned
Home Movies is so good. I bought the 10th anniversary set a few years ago.

I end up watching through all of it a few times a year.

daydream

Banned
i haven't watched too much adult swim stuff but the little i have seen was characterised by its utter distastefulness

have a good night everyone!

Megasoum

Banned
cM6NUEJ.png

TraBuch

Banned
I know nothing about Danielle. Link me something that'll bring me on the bandwagon.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for The Brak Show.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know nothing about Danielle. Link me something that'll bring me on the bandwagon.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for The Brak Show.

i've never cared for her articles all that much but she seems pretty cool otherwise

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

daydream

Banned
she was cool and all on danswers but i dunno, didn't really seem particularly entertaining

likeable enough but not sure she'd fit in, basically

tbf the topic of fitness is kinda dry so maybe she didn't have the best material to work with

Not really too familiar with Danielle's work but I'm all for the new hire happening sooner rather than later. I have faith in Jeff to choose the best candidate, so let's get to it!

Rainmaker

Banned
There's a lot of Adult Swim I can't stand but when it's/was good it is/was really good. All of the Tim and Eric stuff. Steve Brule. Xavier Renegade Angel. Home Movies. Frisky Dingo. The occasional early ATHF. Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast was life for awhile.

I think Danielle would be a great fit. My preference obviously isn't happening but I'd be more than happy with her joining.

Mully

It's going to be Scott Pelley. He's not well known but he's done a lot of great video features over the years. He'd be great on camera with the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom