• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

E:60 had a great look at friend of the site Xavier Woods. He's doing incredible work right now as part of The New Day. I'd love to see him hop on UPF some time.

All this castlevania talk has finally gotten me to try SOTN.

1 - This Soundtrack is sick.
2- This Xbox 360 dpad I am playing on is the worst. Been thinking about getting a XB1 controller or second DS4 for the PC anyway so this might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Brashnir

I really loved his articles. The site right now is hurting for any actual stories. Also, Spookin' w/scoops, Worth Reading, and his Spelunky stuff were all really enjoyable to me. Obvs YMMV depending on what you're into.

I rarely read the written stuff, but there was some high quality Patrick content when he did the daily Spelunky and Isaac streams.

also, he was responsible for the rise and fall of District A.

Lijik

ive never watched it but squidbillies has always struck me as a super niche and insular show that somehow made it to national television. I have a couple of friends who are huge on it because it references and has injokes from the atlanta art community

justjim89

ive never watched it but squidbillies has always struck me as a super niche and insular show that somehow made it to national television. I have a couple of friends who are huge on it because it references and has injokes from the atlanta art community

Plus Squidbillies features the voice talent of the incomparable Unknown Hinson.

Have you guys ever read a post that you very badly want to be a new "I'm an expert" type of thing, but you're afraid of starting the ball rolling because you think people will take you seriously?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Plus Squidbillies features the voice talent of the incomparable Unknown Hinson.

Jesco White too
tumblr_mdeyihgxdY1rwejdio6_r1_400.gif

danm999

Have you guys ever read a post that you very badly want to be a new "I'm an expert" type of thing, but you're afraid of starting the ball rolling because you think people will take you seriously?

I saw half a dozen I thought could easily pick up that mantle in the thread backfire topic in the OT last week.

I saw half a dozen I thought could easily pick up that mantle in the thread backfire topic in the OT last week.

Mine's from the JoJo anime OT, so its profound misreading of events may be lost on those unfamiliar with the series. Still, I feel it could be easily adapted to any situation where the individual has lost all sense of proportion.

Anjin M

Finally got around to watching Mary and Alexa's Omega Quintet video. The cuts might not have been super smooth, but it was hilarious. Those two are good together.

popo

Since moving coasts is far from trivial, the timetable is likely to be :

Jeff announces they have made a hire, but not who it is.

Person announces they are leaving their old job.

Person announces a move to NY (assuming the hire doesn't already live there).

Anyone announcing a change of job or living arrangements before Jeff indicates a hire is closer is likely not related.

#HireCara ended with her leaving the industry please don't put that evil on Danielle.

are you suggesting the two are related? #hirecara was embarassing but I can't imagine she minded the raisibg of her profile. Sounds like quitting was as simple as her not getting enough paying work.

I think it's happened twice in the first hour or so, it's not as bad as it two weeks ago but its noticeable. I don't think it was there last week.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They should hire Mary Poppins. She could cleaning the office with magic and she can fly. That's two things neither Cara or Danielle can do.

This David Wise dismissing is seriously not flying with me.

Holy shit.

Haven't listened yet, but the guys don't exactly strike me as appreciating the music very strongly unless it's super blatant (Necrodancer, Luftrausers).

You heard how quick they were to completely ignore DK music on the top 10s.

Megasoum

Banned
anonymous asked:
Ypu fucked up the podcast again. Random audio skips at 1:02:51 on the premium feed.

I like how you just couldn’t resist bringing this here anonymously after posting the same comment verbatim on the podcast page, like I couldn’t possibly deduce who you are.

The errors (all two of them, which, come on, are a fraction of a second) are in the original recording, which means they’re happening during the recording process, which means there isn’t much I can do about them because that isn’t our studio. That hopefully won’t be an issue for much longer.

To everyone who isn’t this jerkoff, sorry about the errors.

They said the other day that they are getting a brand new podcast studio soon so hopefully this will fix the issues.

Also that anonymous is a jerk.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't listened yet, but the guys don't exactly strike me as appreciating the music very strongly unless it's super blatant (Necrodancer, Luftrausers).

They weren't quick and they didn't ignore it. They actually gave it a listen and said "nope", that's more than any other soundtrack got.

Brad has yet again been slighted.

I like how on the comment page, after getting called out for making a shitty remark, he doubled down on it.

His profile page says he wants to talk about video games for a living.

"Hey Jeff, how do I get into games journalism, and also Brad sucks"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Honestly though that's my favorite type of soundtrack. Wish more games would follow the track of say persona and hotline Miami.

Myggen

hopefully they'll have redundancy too so they don't lose entire episodes ever again.

I would have to believe that that's the plan with a new studio. Brad said that they couldn't do something like that themselves in the old studio because they weren't allowed to touch that stuff, so if you build a new studio and still don't have a redundancy then what are you even doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom