• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
hopefully they'll have redundancy too so they don't lose entire episodes ever again.

it has to suck losing that much work.

They should just put a tape recorder between them and press record. Then if something happens to the official recording, we could have this cool bootleg style fallback to listen to, and we could be all hipster about it and proclaim it to be the "real" way to listen to the podcast because the digital recording sounds too bright and then start demanding they record to vinyl because it sounds warmer and the clicks and pops remind us of better days and that time brad fucked up the podcast.

Megasoum

Banned
Being both a hardcore racing fan AND a pCARS backer for the last 4 years... Those Dirt and pCARS quicklook coming up are making me nervous.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just bought it. Time to hook up my dusty wheel

I thought about how you'd play RE4 with the chainsaw controller for a few minutes when a picture was posted in the accessories thread and I got a headache.

danm999

I like how on the comment page, after getting called out for making a shitty remark, he doubled down on it.

His profile page says he wants to talk about video games for a living.

"Hey Jeff, how do I get into games journalism, and also Brad sucks"

It wouldn't be a Bombcast if there wasn't someone, somewhere on the internet getting weirdly slighted or something.

I remember reading a thread on the Giant Bomb forums a few years ago that was basically "this podcast is too long for my commute, please keep it under two hours" and thinking about how oddly self absorbed a person would have to be to make that request.

to be fair, Jeff posted Persona 4: Golden on his own personal list the year it came out and it's pretty clear he didn't really play that version of the game at all given his reaction to the game during the PSTV video.

So blame brett for setting that precedent.

Did any of the crew dislike the New Order? I didn't listen to the goty podcasts so I'm just wondering how a game that most of the crew enjoyed(and Drew listed as his game of the year) didn't make it onto the list.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did any of the crew dislike the New Order? I didn't listen to the goty podcasts so I'm just wondering how a game that most of the crew enjoyed(and Drew listed as his game of the year) didn't make it onto the list.
It was the biggest travesty of the 2014 GotYs

The great Destiny filibuster of '14.

W:tNO came out early in the year, worked out of the box, and wasn't a cynical attempt to bleed its user base of additional money for content that should have been on the retail disc

of course it was largely forgotten at the end of the year

do you remember the pleasant breeze of that one morning in April, or that time you tripped and fell into a pile of dog shit?

dota updates are more significant than 99% of most other games' support post launch, hell even most sequels nowadays

its an entirely new game after 2 patches pretty much

basically dota is goty every year
smile.gif
horse.gif
Z6ovdLx.gif
C6mHztl.gif
DsrA6Kc.gif
dac15_fantastic.gif
GQfEBpI.gif

Bacon

It wouldn't be a Bombcast if there wasn't someone, somewhere on the internet getting weirdly slighted or something.

I remember reading a thread on the Giant Bomb forums a few years ago that was basically "this podcast is too long for my commute, please keep it under two hours" and thinking about how oddly self absorbed a person would have to be to make that request.

I like to try and make a prediction about what people are going to get irrationally upset over in the bombcast thread every week. I never get it right

I spent around 7 hours with Westerado without getting bored and there's still a ton I haven't done. Lot of really fun, emergent dialogue depending on how you approach the game. In my first playthrough I went crazy as Dan did in the quicklook so in the ending it turned out
that I was a psychopath who had been the killer all along! From that point you can choose to accept your darker side, cast it aside, or shoot the "killer" leading to your head exploding.
In another playthrough
I married Miss Triss so it turned out that my family had been murdered by the oil tycoon as my brother had also been sleeping with her.
Going by the achievements there are at least 6 or 7 endings.

I also beat the game with the unlockable brother who can't wear hats, ie I got through the game without being shot
#Westeradoesports

repeater

W:tNO came out early in the year, worked out of the box, and wasn't a cynical attempt to bleed its user base of additional money for content that should have been on the retail disc

of course it was largely forgotten at the end of the year
Yeah. Also, I feel like to make a dent in the GOTY considerations it would have needed to have resonated deeply with someone who's more assertive than Drew.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This post in the comment section made me really want to get westarado.

It's a real shame @danryckert didn't go around killing every single person in Clintville. If you do the director of the "movie" (as in, the Western you're playing) goes "OH MY GOD YOU'RE MASSACRING EVERYONE", the area then turns itself into a full movie set and you get essentially a horde mode with dozens of "set members" coming after you, if you manage to beat it, the director gives up and lets you kill him. This leads to a CNN news broadcast of an actor (you) going crazy and killing everyone in the shooting of the movie.

So I guess that's the answer to @jeff 's question on how the game ends if you try to shoot everyone. You don't even need to kill the culprit to beat this game.

I spent around 7 hours with Westerado without getting bored and there's still a ton I haven't done. Lot of really fun, emergent dialogue depending on how you approach the game. In my first playthrough I went crazy as Dan did in the quicklook so in the ending it turned out
that I was a psychopath who been the killer all along! From that point you can choose to accept your darker side, cast it aside, or shoot the "killer" leading your head exploding.
Going by the achievements there's at least 5 or 6 endings.

I also beat the game with the unlockable brother who can't wear hats, ie I got through the game without being shot
#Westeradoesports

I was wondering if the game ever went with that angle.

glad to know that it's in there. I now need to play that game, it seems right up my alley

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
so crypt of the necrodancer is preeeeeeeeeetty good

i might watchlist westerado too
I like hard games, but fuck Necrodancer. Made it to the 4th zone and
then, after many tries, managed to beat the boss and there's ANOTHER FUCKING BOSS.

Would probably give it 4 stars, though.

Bacon

Did they say if this is just normal Skype, or is it something else? There's virtually no delay.

Drew was talking about how they figured out how to have no delay in their feed. Absolutely no idea how they figured that one out though. Has to be something other than skype right?

Drew was talking about how they figured out how to have no delay in their feed. Absolutely no idea how they figured that one out though. Has to be something other than skype right?

CERBx18WYAA2lip.jpg:large

I have no idea how this wizardry works, but it's fascinating.

e: lol at Alex crashing "SWEET RELEASE!"

Frith

omg this is just like a normal 3 in the room quicklook i'm so fucking happy
maybe we can get jeff vinny quicklooks on the reg again
i'm so happy about this i'm not even embarrassed about how happy i am.

Myggen

It's at least a lot better than anytime I've listened to a podcast with someone Skyping in.

repeater

Drew defies the laws of physics.
Can't say I'm that surprised.

The DiRT Rally QL was the first time I used Youtube's 720p60fps settings for a GB vid, and wow, that really makes a difference for that quick look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom