• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Turns out Jeff and my Dad have very similar views on US politics.

What if Jeff is your dad?

:O

Wow @ Dirt quick look
Cross coast podcast plz

That's probably not gonna happen, but it opens the possibility for guesting on each other's podcast if they want to.

for some reason, the 60fps youtube videos of BEAST QL's seem to look better than the native GB player to me

I can't see much of a difference.

There is no perceivable difference from the viewers end for this cross coast video. Audio is perfect, no lag, no extra over talking I'm not sure if it adds a ton of overhead for setting up for a video but from an end product standpoint, I notice no downside to this new format. It's actually pretty exciting, Can't wait for the next flight club.

Tucah

you speak so well
Coast to coast QL was cool. I'm guessing they are feeding Drew the game feed through skype? Hope this happens more often now.

Maybe we can get a Vinny/Dan QL soon! And the return of Jeff/Vinny! Hope they do some of these fairly frequently.

I only want a Vinny/Dan QL if it's an adventure game.

if only to see what a frustrated Vinny would look like.

outside of that one time they made him mad during that UPF segment where they ignored him.

which is why he bought tickets that very day to go to NY/NJ

Myggen

I'd be nice but I can't see them doing it simply because of the 3 hour time difference and Vinny being a dad.

Yeah, a cross coast podcast isn't happening. They seem to be going in the direction of two separate podcasts, which makes sense. Some guesting if the technology is good enough to allow it is probably the most realistic option.

Lijik

I cannot fucking believe they talked about Taylor Swift on the Bombcast. I blame you guys.

we'll know this thread truly has power when one of our oddball new hire predictions actually winds up right.

theres still a shot its letterman!

Fox318

Yeah, a cross coast podcast isn't happening. They seem to be going in the direction of two separate podcasts, which makes sense. Some guesting if the technology is good enough to allow it is probably the most realistic option.

I think we can all agree the bombcast is missing Vinny. Unlike Jeff he really seems to have an optimism about video games that hasn't been crushed by reviewing every mass market game every year.

I just hope the new person they bring in has some knowledge of sports games or an area different from the current crew. Always nice to have wide variety of tastes on the site.

kingocfs

There is no perceivable difference from the viewers end for this cross coast video. Audio is perfect, no lag, no extra over talking I'm not sure if it adds a ton of overhead for setting up for a video but from an end product standpoint, I notice no downside to this new format. It's actually pretty exciting, Can't wait for the next flight club.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Well done, duders.

Tucah

you speak so well
I think we can all agree the bombcast is missing Vinny. Unlike Jeff he really seems to have an optimism about video games that hasn't been crushed by reviewing every mass market game every year.

I just hope the new person they bring in has some knowledge of sports games or an area different from the current crew. Always nice to have wide variety of tastes on the site.

I hope the new hire's speciality is anime and the podcast is just GBE discussing an episode or two of DBZ every week.

Jibbed

So today I finally lost my patience with a few of the GB guys, their lack of F1 and racing game knowledge is frustrating.

I've been following Alt+F1 for a while, and I do love that F1 has such a presence on the site, but nearly all the 'facts' told and broad statements (well, more like assumptions) Danny tells - and worryingly, to educate Drew on the sport - are just so far from the truth it's driving me insane.

I have a soft spot for Drew but in the podcast (and the quick look) today he's said he thinks DiRT Rally is the proper sequel to DiRT 1... ugh. And then we have Jeff playing Project CARS with a controller and saying it's basically Forza for the PS4.

I don't want to be that guy emailing in and correcting people, just needed to vent somewhere haha.

still holding off for a cheapo GOTY collection of Destiny, preferably on the PC.

I might be waiting a while, but i'm in no rush. I still have Borderlands 2 GOTY to work through, i can hold for a long ass time.

Jibbed

"Forza for the PC" was almost a powerful enough sentence to make me buy Project Cars

why are you trying to tell me otherwise

It's nothing like Forza. It's more like a true-to-life motorsport experience with a 'ladder' of sorts, and the driving physics are borderline simulation. You can't modify or paint the cars, you sign for a team and race on a calendar, and then move up to a new category when the season is over.

You might find a closer Forza comparison with the multiplayer but it's all based around a weekend event format, with practice, qualifying, then racing etc.

Ever played the TOCA Race Driver series? It's essentially a more realistic take on that for a new generation.

aww, I'm with Jeff, the best part of Forza is taking some dumbass Honda Fit and modding it into an S-class car

the torque-steer was so massive you had to hold the LS to the left just to go straight

it would out-race Ferraris.

I still like sim racing games but they don't hold my attention for very long without letting me do silly things

Nero18

still holding off for a cheapo GOTY collection of Destiny, preferably on the PC.

I might be waiting a while, but i'm in no rush. I still have Borderlands 2 GOTY to work through, i can hold for a long ass time.

I figure they have to release something with the larger expansion included this fall. Probably a smart move to wait as they presumably would have to add some sort of level-booster for new players then aswell.

Jibbed

aww, I'm with Jeff, the best part of Forza is taking some dumbass Honda Fit and modding it into an S-class car

the torque-steer was so massive you had to hold the LS to the left just to go straight

it would out-race Ferraris.

I still like sim racing games but they don't hold my attention for very long without letting me do silly things

I agree haha, I used to love doing dumb shit like that on Gran Tursimo.

pCARS has very little room for silly things unfortunately. Unless you can coordinate a 30-player lobby with karts, or something ha.

Red Faction: Guerrilla got a Steam update. Red Faction: Guerrilla for GOTY 2015.

really? presumably to strip out GFWL right? I'm glad that game is being kept alive.

Space Asshole lives on

I can't wait for next week's Dan's Musical Challenge featuring Brad "Viva Pinata" Shoemaker.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Brad somehow fails to recognize VP's music after his boasting

he won't

another 15 gig patch for MKX PC is out.

wonder what they broke this time. This also means that they've released +60 gigs worth of patches for this game on PC. High Voltage be all like 'fuck yo bandwidth cap'

Man, more Drew for GBEast. It really helps to have the 3 man team for Vinny and Alex.

I want Vinny to fix cars now in Car Mechanic Simulator.
maxresdefault.jpg

another 15 gig patch for MKX PC is out.

wonder what they broke this time. This also means that they've released +60 gigs worth of patches for this game on PC. High Voltage be all like 'fuck yo bandwidth cap'

The new update was wiping saves so they had to pull it or something, but then people had to redownload the old patch. The PC version is a hot steaming mess.

really? presumably to strip out GFWL right? I'm glad that game is being kept alive.

Space Asshole lives on

Yup. Took out GFWL, added some new Wrecking Crew maps, added FoV option, ability to use reconstructor in single player, bug fixes, etc. It was actually some substantial patches!

hamchan

I don't know how they managed to make Drew sound so good in this Dirt QL, that you can't even tell he's not next to them, but they did it.

Torchwood references HA

I don't know how they managed to make Drew sound so good in this Dirt QL, that you can't even tell he's not next to them, but they did it.

They might have had him record on a high quality mic along with a mic that goes to skype. You then send the audio file and they sync it to the video. Boom studio quality audio.

He already played last year's. I have it, and it's kind of funny for a while but then you get stuck for half an hour trying to figure out which bolt you forgot to remove or replace

Oh I had no idea!

tuxfool

Banned
They might have had him record on a high quality mic along with a mic that goes to skype. You then send the audio file and they sync it to the video. Boom studio quality audio.

This is what is typically done on other podcasts. Although I don't see why low latency p2p audio and video is not possible. Playstation now and Onlive are things that exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom