• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

-The Alt+F1 music (and podcast in general) is godlike.
It is really good. I wish I could find a full copy of the song so I can put it on my playlist next to Lockdown.

-Danielle seems like she'd be a very cool hire. Fingers crossed.
Welcome to the New Hire Tinfoil Hat Brigade! Here's your badge!03

-Lot of shade thrown at Matt Rorie this week, between avalongate on the bombcast and his mention on the BTS video.
That was a pretty funny call out. I only noticed two instances of someone crossing a camera line: Rorie on the main stream and Dan (while cleaning up) on the premium stream.

I absolutely disagree with this but Dan was fine last episode on the OGS.

oh I totally agree, but I think Jeff's industry experience and nostalgia makes Demo Derby even better than the first few episodes were. the balance of Dan being overenthusiastic about bad old games, Jeff remembering them more or less how they were, and Drew only having reference points to about 20% of the games is a neat dynamic

TOGS is Jeff (and sometimes Brad) and friends.

TraBuch

Banned
oh I totally agree, but I think Jeff's industry experience and nostalgia makes Demo Derby even better than the first few episodes were. the balance of Dan being overenthusiastic about bad old games, Jeff remembering them more or less how they were, and Drew only having reference points to about 20% of the games is a neat dynamic

TOGS is Jeff (and sometimes Brad) and friends.
Jeff literally makes every feature better.

Glad to hear Dan and Alex loving the new Wolfenstien game.... too bad no one thought it was good around Game of the Year discussions and instead got booted out by Destiny, a game which pretty much everyone says is garbage (but the shooting feels good I guess)

Myggen

Glad to hear Dan and Alex loving the new Wolfenstien game.... too bad no one thought it was good around Game of the Year discussions and instead got booted out by Destiny, a game which pretty much everyone says is garbage (but the shooting feels good I guess)

giphy.gif

popo

Thought it was buck to the buck to the buck to the bass, buck to the buck to the bumble?

RIGHT ABOUT NOW IT'S TIME TO ROCK WITH THE BIGGITY BUCK BUMBLE

Bump to the bump to the bump to the bass,
bump to the bump to the Bumble!

Bump to the bump to the bump to the boom-boom,
Bump to the bump to the bump to the bass-as-as-ase!
Bump to the bump to the bump to the boom-boom,
Bump to the bump to the bump to the bass-as-as-ase!

Itty-bitty bup, itty-bitty bup,
Itty-bitty bup, itty-bitty bup, (Ie shay)
Ie shay monda moola dip DIP!

Itty-bitty bup, itty-bitty bup, (Ie shay)
Ie shay monda moola dip DIP!

justjim89

Dinosaurs was the darkest ending ever for a family show. The ice age came and the family sat awaiting their inevitable, imminent deaths. Shit was scarring as a kid.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Al "Sexual" Harris is the lascivious field foreman in the Dinosaurs episode "What "Sexual Harris" Meant." Al invented innuendo, much to the dismay of Monica DeVertebrae, who he fired for rejecting his advances. The case results in the "Sexual Harris" hearings before the WESAYSO board of executives.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Al_"Sexual"_Harris

Also, someone in the chat said Dinosaurs is just The Simpsons character by character and that might've ruined it for me.

Al "Sexual" Harris is the lascivious field foreman in the Dinosaurs episode "What "Sexual Harris" Meant." Al invented innuendo, much to the dismay of Monica DeVertebrae, who he fired for rejecting his advances. The case results in the "Sexual Harris" hearings before the WESAYSO board of executives.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Al_"Sexual"_Harris

this is amazing and somewhere in the decayed segment of my brain these memories live, i can barely remember some of this

e: oh hey, the best video game baseball game ever made

justjim89

What's more, it was actually the father that caused the ice age. He killed not only his family but the entire dinosaur race.

Right, it was some big "take care of mother earth" sort of message because they killed all the plants then bombed all the volcanoes to try and make rain, but snow came instead.

What a dark fucking show. I just wanted see the baby hit the dad and say "Not the mama."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom