• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I hope they take some suggestions on the old games show.

I'd vote for Little Nemo. Because I have no actual proof that anything exists beyond level 2 in that game. Its hard as shit

I hope they take some suggestions on the old games show.

I'd vote for Little Nemo. Because I have no actual proof that anything exists beyond level 2 in that game. Its hard as shit

Little Nemo was great! Jeff seems to be focusing on Amiga games though.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Jeff talking about old games and the like is always great. I'm excited to watch this tomorrow. And UPF. And the other stuff I've missed the past few days.

So much content.

I actually prefer long commute times.

Gives me time to catch up to music/podcasts/games.

I definitely like to use my commutes for listening to podcasts as I'd be otherwise limited on when I could listen to them. It would be nice to catch up on my backlog of handheld games but I just lack the energy to play games on my commute.

Pretty psyched that the Old Game Show seems to be a regular thing.

Drew could be really good if they are going to do genesis/mega drive games.

Drew's a huge fan of Toejam and Earl, and Dan's only played the second one. They should totally do a coop session of the first one.

I want an Old Game Show of early PC shumps. Gimme Raptor, some Stargunner, some Major Stryker, some mother fuckin' Tyrian.

edit - And just FYI, Tyrian and Stargunner are both free on GoG. Raptor is available on GoG (2010 edition) and Steam (2015 edition, I know, weird). Still don't know if Major Stryker is available anywhere.

I know that the whole thing with UPF is that they're being unprofessional but it would be nice if they tested their games in advance so it doesn't feel like they're wasting everyone's time with games that don't work
brad why you gotta be so unprofesh

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They should steal the idea of playing games that released during this week, just X years ago. It would help them play some more obscure stuff they're not familiar with.

Patryn

I know that the whole thing with UPF is that they're being unprofessional but it would be nice if they tested their games in advance so it doesn't feel like they're wasting everyone's time with games that don't work
brad why you gotta be so unprofesh

As I recall, wasn't the original idea for UPF to give the guys a chance to show off games that they're playing that doesn't fit into regular content, or to play games that they want to play but normally don't have time for?

The problem with it is that it's become Show and Tell, where they scramble to find a game to show on Friday just before the show starts.

It's part of why I thought making it group Demo Derbies would have been interesting.

I often feel bad for the person on the PC who's busy playing this game, while the people on the couch are having a totally unrelated conversation.

Yeah, PC games usually need someone on the couch interested or asking questions for them to not get almost completely ignored.

Free UPF segment idea: 1v1 multiplayer match of Red Alert 2. Think about it.

Or really just any segment that involves playing strategy games against each other. I'd rather watch that than fighting games.

Lijik

Y6PAmob.png

hows it hanging gb-gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom