• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

Just want to reiterate that Alex and Vinny are killing it on the Quick Look front. Their banter consistently my favourite right now. They need more features!

As for the new hire, here's how it's all going to go down: Jeff Gerstmann is going to move to NY and become the new hire for the NY offices. Meanwhile in SF, Brad takes Jeff's place as showrunner of the site. Drew declines the torch to host the podcast so the responsibility falls to Dan. Jason becomes the permanent 4th member of the crew and they hire a Ian back as a video guy to replace Jason.

Just want to reiterate that Alex and Vinny are killing it on the Quick Look front. Their banter consistently my favourite right now. They need more features!

As for the new hire, here's how it's all going to go down: Jeff Gerstmann is going to move to NY and become the new hire for the NY offices. Meanwhile in SF, Brad takes Jeff's place as showrunner of the site. Drew declines the torch to host the podcast so the responsibility falls to Dan. Jason becomes the permanent 4th member of the crew and they hire a Ian back as a video guy to replace Jason.

....I would be incredibly okay with that

Wunder

uh

yes

Myggen

MammothWickedAlbino.gif

Emarv

So then GBEast becomes the real GB. I'd be totally cool with that. It just means more Vinny content, which is all I want.

- J - D -

The Jeff thing sounds slightly plausible. I never got the feeling he liked the bay area anyway. He's said on many occasions that he hates San Francisco.

I doubt it. I feel they still need a dedicated news writer to take Patrick's place, and I don't know if a Brad/Dan/Drew/Jason podcast would be sustainable - both Drew & Jason tend to be pretty quiet on current games news.
The prospect of a Jeff/Vinny/Alex podcast though is tremendous.

I'd accept this proposed setup if Danny became the permanent forth chair on the podcast instead of Jason. That seems like a more reliable dynamic. Then have both offices focus more on getting guests to round out UPF.

But overall, I doubt this'll happen. Jeff seems to have plenty of people keeping him in the Bay area (family, friends, etc) - and I don't see why they'd start up the Old Games Show as a weekly feature if Brad & Jeff were about to be on different coasts. Plus, the site is doing well - so why not hire another person to grow the brand?

I doubt it. I feel they still need a dedicated news writer to take Patrick's place, and I don't know if a Brad/Dan/Drew/Jason podcast would be sustainable - both Drew & Jason tend to be pretty quiet on current games news.
The prospect of a Jeff/Vinny/Alex podcast though is tremendous.

I'd accept this proposed setup if Danny became the permanent forth chair on the podcast instead of Jason. That seems like a more reliable dynamic. Then have both offices focus more on getting guests to round out UPF.

But overall, I doubt this'll happen. Jeff seems to have plenty of people keeping him in the Bay area (family, friends, etc) - and I don't see why they'd start up the Old Games Show as a weekly feature if Brad & Jeff were about to be on different coasts. Plus, the site is doing well - so why not hire another person to grow the brand?

They don't really need newswriters, though. Like, they'll put up pages for news, but as for needing articles? I don't think anyone goes to GB for the articles. Any news they need to talk about they can do it on the podcast.

tchocky

They don't really need newswriters, though. Like, they'll put up pages for news, but as for needing articles? I don't think anyone goes to GB for the articles. Any news they need to talk about they can do it on the podcast.

It is difficult to say since we don't know the page view numbers but Patrick has said in the past that articles/reviews are what bring new people to the site but it is the videos that keep them on the site. A quick look is unlikely to get posted to the front page of reddit but an article might.

Emarv

I think the poster was just joking around for fun. There's no real way Jeff would up and move from his house that he owns at his age, especially to move away from the hub of the industry and the main office of his company.

It's just fun to dream. (In this same dream, Vinny and Jeff are back together to ER Persona 5)

Lijik

as i said in my review on fanfiction.net i feel like a time machine would be wasted on old johnny v and itd make more sense for them to bring abraham lincoln in as the new staff member instead

Then begins the P5 Endurance run.

FStop7

Banned
I was in Clearwater, FL this week and I happened upon a place called... wait for it..

VaPOUR

A decadent vaping and craft beer experience.

That's how it was billed.

Chuck

Still without luck

^^ hopped up on goofballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom