• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm no expert but 2d wrestling seems way better than 3d wrestling

tumblr_myg9e2PHH61tnyce6o1_500.gif

Its pretty great

4FYxCF7.gif

justjim89

People say Vince McMahon is an old coot whose best years are behind him, but in one night he's gonna use UFC's top 2 attractions ever to get people talking about HIS show.

Genius.

justjim89

That was a really great Wrestlemania. Can't wait for Jeff to make it sound awful beginning to end on the Powerbombcast!

I feel sorry for Reigns, though. Dude is really talented and has a natural charisma. This wasn't his year and he's not quite ready, but it's not his fault WWE didn't let him get over organically. And tonight he visibly got the shit beat out of him in what should be a highlight of his life while people cheered to see him die.

For the uninitiated, the meta-narrative aspect of wrestling is typically way more fascinating than the story on paper.

That was a really great Wrestlemania. Can't wait for Jeff to make it sound awful beginning to end on the Powerbombcast!

I feel sorry for Reigns, though. Dude is really talented and has a natural charisma. This wasn't his year and he's not quite ready, but it's not his fault WWE didn't let him get over organically. And tonight he visibly got the shit beat out of him in what should be a highlight of his life while people cheered to see him die.

For the uninitiated, the meta-narrative aspect of wrestling is typically way more fascinating than the story on paper.

youre gonna have to fill me in on what actually happened

Tucah

you speak so well
Maybe it was my low expectations but that was actually a pretty good WM. I can 100% get behind this new Seth era.

justjim89

youre gonna have to fill me in on what actually happened

Spoiler'd in case anyone wants to watch.

The match on paper is Brock Lesnar (champion) vs. Roman Reigns. Brock is known for not pulling his punches much, if at all. So even though it's not an actual competition, his opponents typically get the hell beaten out of them. Last year after their match The Undertaker was legitimately taken to the hospital in critical condition. So tonight Lesnar is just potatoing Reigns to hell and back and the crowd is eating it up. Reigns (on paper the good guy) is smothered in boos every time he musters offense, and subsequent cheers when he gets taken back down.

Fast forward twenty minutes and the match has basically been a one-sided beatdown. Reigns gets a few good hits in, and he and Lesnar are both down. Out comes Seth Rollins, a rival of Reigns in the storyline, with the Money in the Bank contract. That's a MacGuffin that gives the holder the right to a championship match at ANY TIME, so Seth is added to the match and quickly pins Reigns to walk away with the belt.

So Reigns gets the shit beat of him, deals a beating back, receives nothing but boos from 70,000 people, and a guy that wasn't even originally in the match walks away with the prize. These guys are all consummate professionals and it's more about the performance than the result, but all the same it has to be disheartening.

One of the highlights was watching Dan in the crowd reacting to everything.

Spoiler'd in case anyone wants to watch.

The match on paper is Brock Lesnar (champion) vs. Roman Reigns. Brock is known for not pulling his punches much, if at all. So even though it's not an actual competition, his opponents typically get the hell beaten out of them. Last year after their match The Undertaker was legitimately taken to the hospital in critical condition. So tonight Lesnar is just potatoing Reigns to hell and back and the crowd is eating it up. Reigns (on paper the good guy) is smothered in boos every time he musters offense, and subsequent cheers when he gets taken back down.

Fast forward twenty minutes and the match has basically been a one-sided beatdown. Reigns gets a few good hits in, and he and Lesnar are both down. Out comes Seth Rollins, a rival of Reigns in the storyline, with the Money in the Bank contract. That's a MacGuffin that gives the holder the right to a championship match at ANY TIME, so Seth is added to the match and quickly pins Reigns to walk away with the belt.

So Reigns gets the shit beat of him, deals a beating back, receives nothing but boos from 70,000 people, and a guy that wasn't even originally in the match walks away with the prize. These guys are all consummate professionals and it's more about the performance than the result, but all the same it has to be disheartening.

One of the highlights was watching Dan in the crowd reacting to everything.

so is there one of those OH MY GOD IS IT POSSIBLE moments and everyone gasps when
the third guy runs out? what if we got the best dan gif ever of his face during that

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
New Zealand still crush you wankers in the only sport that matters. Rugby.

h2S7fFw.gif

I'm still bitter about that underarm bowl.

Eh, you can keep the rugby cups. 5 CRICKET WORLD CUPS OUT OF 11 MOTHERFUCKERS.

Don't even think the All Blacks have been that dominant in the rugby world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom