• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I mean Jesus it's like some awful trifecta of lazy devs, clone accusations and identity politics.

At least a dev from Zeboyd Games came into the thread to shoot down the "lazy/untalented dev" argument that comes up every time someone makes a 2D game.

I mean Jesus it's like some awful trifecta of lazy devs, clone accusations and identity politics.

Makes me appreciate the sanity of this thread which is not what I've have expected to say after the past few weekends.

I'm actively avoiding any discussion of that game right now, what are people getting so worked up about? port begging?

At least a dev from Zeboyd Games came into the thread to shoot down the "lazy/untalented dev" argument that comes up every time someone makes a 2D game.

he does that every time and I worry that one day he's going to just lose his mind repeating himself to idiots

Can I weekend (hah, monday) that Ronda Rousey is cute?

And goddammit the Powerbombcast got me to buy WM for the first time ever. And I saw Dan's dumb signs all night. And it was great. And I expect it to be awful now because that's what carny's do after they get your money.

danm999

I'm actively avoiding any discussion of that game right now, what are people getting so worked up about? port begging?

Reviewers are only rating this game highly because they're blinded by nostalgia, their ethnicity and age. Games of this art style are made because they're easy and devs are lazy and don't want to make 3D games. This game is a clone and that type of game is a "cancer on the games industry".

I am not making these up.

Let's talk about something else that cool guys and gals would like.

R u sure about that danm

You! You did this! I hope your Facebook fame is worth it you monster.

Makes me appreciate the sanity of this thread which is not what I've have expected to say after the past few weekends.

well hang on let me stoop down to their level for a second:

It seems really odd that Axiom Verge doesn't have a PS3 port. If I was a cynic, I'd say that it was intentionally done so that it could be seen as a reason to get a PS4.

Let's discuss WrestleMania 31!

kind of legit want to know what you thought about it

it was a lot better than I expected, although the
cash-in
was expected

AJ > Paige

Even if AJ isn't a great wrestler.

and she acts (looks?) like she's twelve

the whole bellas/paige x AJ feud felt so fucking hokey once they took the whole "preppies vs outcasts" high-school drama angle and ran with it

Because it's a "clone" of Metroid and it looks like an old game which apparently requires no talent to make.

I can't imagine getting mad at games I don't want to play when we live in a time where I can't even play all the ones I DO want to play

people are the worst

Reviewers are only rating this game highly because they're blinded by nostalgia, their ethnicity and age.

I'm not sure I want to know what this is about

Myggen

kind of legit want to know what you thought about it

It was great and I think I'm back into liking wrestling now.

Oh god.

The Powerbombcast made me check out wrestling again after not following it for many years, and I think I'm hooked again now. NXT especially.

I'm not sure I want to know what this is about

The poster who really set this off mentioned that reviewers were giving it good scores because they were "fat, mostly middle aged white men blinded by nostalgia" or something like that. A really great argument all around.

danm999

well hang on let me stoop down to their level for a second:

It seems really odd that Axiom Verge doesn't have a PS3 port. If I was a cynic, I'd say that it was intentionally done so that it could be seen as a reason to get a PS4.

Wouldn't shock me honestly if true. Sony seems to have identified the indie multiplat (or timed exclusive or whatever) as a way to bridge the gap until their AAA stuff trundles along on the PS4.

Eh, its not that cynical of a thought. Different architectures, one developer, and yes, that is Sony's main platform at the moment so you can't blame them for pushing it over the other.

I'm watching a 44 minute speedrun of Bloodborne. He's spent more time in loadscreens than in gameplay. I think the long loading times are my least favorite part of the current gen.

Myggen

I'm watching a 44 minute speedrun of Bloodborne. He's spent more time in loadscreens than in gameplay. I think the long loading times are my least favorite part of the current gen.

He beat the game in 44 minutes?! And yeah, long loading times are especially bad on the Xbone, but it seems to be a problem across the board. I wonder why, I at least don't remember it being that much of a problem last gen.

He beat the game in 44 minutes?! And yeah, long loading times are especially bad on the Xbone, but it seems to be a problem across the board. I wonder why, I at least don't remember it being that much of a problem last gen.

Yup! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0KxiHxK5A

Yeah it's pretty bad across all 3. Wii U is probably the least bad. I hope for the next gen SSD prices are low enough to where they can switch to that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
But seriously, fuck Picasso. Look at Guernica, what is this? That doesn't look like a horse AT ALL. Did the guy ever actually see a cow? What the hell? Pretty sure the lazy bastard just tried to make up for his lack of talent. If he wasn't so lazy he could have made something like the paintings in the sistine chapel but he probably wasn't even talented enough to do that.
But of course all the overaged, fat white people love it.

klonere

Banned
AJ > Paige

Even if AJ isn't a great wrestler.

im sorry what did you just say?

fJft60S.gif

Anjin M

alright alright alright beat those gargoyle bitches without summoning anything what up now

I went into the forest for a bit but the trees scared me
Then I went back to fight that big knight dude on top of the tower near where the pig was and he fucked me up. I fell for the timing on the big sweeping attack twice trying to parry it, it looks like he's going to hit me when he smacks the floor :(

Am I supposed to be going through the forest?

(tales from Dark Souls, a relevant game in 2015)

Different level hints (don't click more than you want to know):

1) The forest
is way beyond you at this point.

2) Minor hint:
You might have found an item that leads to your next goal.

3) Bigger hint:
Maybe a key?

4) Spoilery hint:
Find the door that the Basement Key unlocks.

5) Biggest spoilery hint:
It's the door on the Wyvern Bridge, across from where you immerged after defeating the Taurus Demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom