• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A lot of you guys are jumping on Dan for feeding Drew innacurate info about the revive pill, but what he actually told Drew ("You waited too long") has no actual bearing on the foibles of the Sorrow fight. Drew simply did not know that he could access the revive pill during a game-over screen. It's not about waiting too long. I don't want to put it completely on Drew, but the game does early on tell you exactly how to use the revive pill through a mandatory codec call that also includes a little video clip showing the player EXACTLY how to use the pill, explicitly showing on screen the L2 menu scrolling over to the pill during the game over screen.

Due to the format of MGScanlon, it's reasonable that Drew would've forgotten by now how that mechanic worked, so realistically, you maybe could be frustrated with Dan in this episode over his inability to pick up cues as to when Drew has gotten close to solving it and needs a little nudge.

But he gets so many conflicting complaints about telling Drew too much, or too little, of course he'd be reticent about clueing Drew into when exactly to use that pill.

Anyway, at this point, I've grown accustomed to the flow of MGScanlon episodes. Each one is 3/4 frustration, and at least one or two golden moments. So the good points still make keeping up with the series worthwhile.

Yep, pretty much. The frustration is part of the fun.

I don't know if it's a good idea to tell people about Quick Looks that were recorded and never aired, considering how controversial it was when Ryan cut out a short conversation from the Bombcast that one time.

Wunder

God I love this

edit: Really interesting choices for the games that made the no-go list, especially considering some of the games that make it to GBEast's QL studio. However, the reasons there seem solid enough, though I would have loved to see a Shelter 2 QL just for Vinny's reactions to a lynx sinking into the ground.

daydream

Banned
so this will be a monthly thing, huh

something to look forward to, for sure

reign of kings QL needed to happen, though, and i hope it still will

I don't think I've ever seem a stream like that mentioned anywhere. Not for weeks and months, no.

That would be totally random and out of nowhere.
Rn14Omw.png

As soon as the news broke about 6 months ago Brad put it on the cal as a reminder for everyone to check it out on the last day.
So they would have an archive before it never works again.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Total War really that complicated? I don't think I've ever had seven pages of notes for any game ever.

Is Total War really that complicated? I don't think I've ever had seven pages of notes for any game ever.

It's not that complicated if you play strategy games. But for someone not terribly familiar with either the RTS or grand strategy genres, it probably is.

Santar

The No-Go Show was a good watch, interesting to get a glimpse at things that just didn't pan out.

But is it just me or does Vinny have a tendency to go a bit overboard with the music in his videos? It's like there has to be some loud "funny" piece in the background at all times.

Tucah

you speak so well
The No-Go Show was a good watch, interesting to get a glimpse at things that just didn't pan out.

But is it just me or does Vinny have a tendency to go a bit overboard with the music in his videos? It's like there has to be some loud "funny" piece in the background at all times.

I could have used a bit less music in the video.

I can't wait until tomorrow

I might use my American psn account to get axiom verge

But if I do that I won't be able to get cross buy

Halp

Ok calm down Jimmy bloodborne will keep you busy until tomorrow

Myggen

It's not that complicated if you play strategy games. But for someone not terribly familiar with either the RTS or grand strategy genres, it probably is.

I can confirm that those games are really complicated if you're not that familiar with the RTS genre. I've tried and failed to get into that series a couple of times.

I can't wait until tomorrow

I might use my American psn account to get axiom verge

But if I do that I won't be able to get cross buy

Halp

Ok calm down Jimmy bloodborne will keep you busy until tomorrow

Will you even play it on a Vita? If the date for the Vita release is still just "2015" I doubt it'll get much time on your Vita unless you plan on replaying it months from now.

Wunder

thats because there does have to be a funny piece in the background at all times :3

Zaph

Vinny is still charming as ever. I'm glad GB moved away from regular semi-scripted stuff, but his editing makes it work.

He shouldn't have mentioned the unpublished QL - history has shown they'll never hear the end of it.

I can confirm that those games are really complicated if you're not that familiar with the RTS genre. I've tried and failed to get into that series a couple of times.

Yup, the Total War series looks impenetrable. Dawn of War is as far as I go with RTS these days.

Myggen

Vinny is still charming as ever. I'm glad GB moved away from regular semi-scripted stuff, but his editing makes it work.

He shouldn't have mentioned the unpublished QL - history has shown they'll never hear the end of it.

Zaph, where's the Resident Evil talk Ryan cut from the Bombcast a few years ago????????????????????????????????

Patryn

The people are still waiting on that Red Dead Revolver review.

danm999

Yup, the Total War series looks impenetrable. Dawn of War is as far as I go with RTS these days.

Problem is, it's both an RTS and Turn Based Strategy, and on even Normal Difficulty if you're not managing one of those correctly you have a bad time (though being more capable on the campaign map will get you further than being good in a battle map).

Zaph

Zaph, where's the Resident Evil talk Ryan cut from the Bombcast a few years ago????????????????????????????????

Resident Evil is a waste of everyone's time. Ryan did you all a solid.

Problem is, it's both an RTS and Turn Based Strategy, and on even Normal Difficulty if you're not managing one of those correctly you have a bad time (though being more capable on the campaign map will get you further than being good in a battle map).

I played a game that did that, plus third-person action, but in a really manageable and easy to understand way. Was called Dragon Commander - fucking great game, so underrated. Wish the RPG story stuff was better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom