• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

where it fucking belongs

tumblr_mwaqbxKUfr1s60yyoo2_500.gif

Where is my kingdom hearts hd collection quicklook

Through the great technological advancement of my mind, this is how a KH remastered QL would go-

Dan-"This is for kids. This is duuuumb."
Jeff-"Well you know, I understand the combat system, but it's just so clunky and clumsy. It's just not for me."
Brad-"Fucking Millenials"
Jason-"This is so cool! I mean just look at me go, fsha fshooooo!"
Drew-"I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it just doesn't explain to you the mechanics"

Vinny-"You know, Sora is a pretty cool guy"
Alex-"For the amount of Gel that he buys, sheesh he must be rich"
Vinny-"Hey man gotta make that munny, you know what they say about munny"
Alex-"What do they say about munny, Vinny?"
Vinny-"It doesn't grow on trees!"

There's a whole thread right now in OT of people born in the late 70s, early 80s throwing temper tantrums because some study described them as millennials. Made me think of Brad.

jaina

I played a game that did that, plus third-person action, but in a really manageable and easy to understand way. Was called Dragon Commander - fucking great game, so underrated. Wish the RPG story stuff was better though.

Oh that's the game Larian made before Divinity: Original Sin. I liked the characters on the main ship in the Quick Look.

danm999

I played a game that did that, plus third-person action, but in a really manageable and easy to understand way. Was called Dragon Commander - fucking great game, so underrated. Wish the RPG story stuff was better though.

Yeah I liked Dragon Commander because I could unleash my political opinions on my subjects. Elf breast feeding is A OK in my book, and everybody else will obey me.

It's a tad rough around the edges, especially with the RTS elements, but is basically the same idea as Total War, just with less complexity and micromanagement.

I think the fact that I'm very into history too, and enjoy reading about things like how to use a phalanx in battle or why the Romans moved to a manipular infantry formation, or the correct formation for a line of rifleman being charged by cavalry, helps a lot in reacting to the battle map.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I like this new feature

because vinny is in it

and jason

o4GPSjA.gif

I love Vinny's styyyyyyyyle, today's video and the Black Knight Bombcast are in my top five for gb content all time. But I'm probably just a huge Vinny mark.
Great to hear that there will be more gb x idle thumbs on the next danswers. Danielle should be great!

danm999

I do feel the idea of Vinny getting trapped in a cage by some Medieval Deliverance types because he didn't shove a rock up his butt would have made for a good Quick Look but I've got to trust him the footage wasn't as amazing as his summary.

the crazy thing is that drew was onto the right idea so early on in the sorrow fight. I walked down that whole path a couple of times before I started wondering about these dumb pills in my inventory that i never used.

I do feel the idea of Vinny getting trapped in a cage by some Medieval Deliverance types because he didn't shove a rock up his butt would have made for a good Quick Look but I've got to trust him the footage wasn't as amazing as his summary.

it sounded like he didn't figure that out until way later, but the thought of a QL where he just spent like half an hour sitting in a cage is pretty hilarious in an anti-comedy way.

strafer

I wonder if Drew finishes the game in the next episode.

The finale moment with The Boss
were you pull the trigger...holy shit. Legit tears.

Buckle up motherfuckers! I've been listening to the This Year bombcast compilations for the 100th time this week and I'm convinced that the Wii/DSi eshop readings are the pinnacle of GB.

GavinGT

Banned
Rn14Omw.png

As soon as the news broke about 6 months ago Brad put it on the cal as a reminder for everyone to check it out on the last day.
So they would have an archive before it never works again.

They should give us more warning next time they decide to drop a livestream like that. I like to plan out my Giant Bomb viewing at least 2 years in advance. I have priorities I need to shuffle around.

Noaloha

GB's front page should handle the user's clock settings reliably right? What with all the daylight savings switching recently I'm exercising caution.

The PlayStation Home stream starts in a little over T-five hours from timing of this post, right?

I can't wait for the deluge of Mortal Combat Ten content from the Giant Bomb website because it's coming and it's going to make DOTA2 look like a Vita game in terms of coverage

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GB's front page should handle the user's clock settings reliably right? What with all the daylight savings switching recently I'm exercising caution.

The PlayStation Home stream starts in a little over T-five hours from timing of this post, right?

aye
t1427828400z1.png

Zaph

It does. I once messed up my system clock and it screwed the schedule listings too.

5hrs from now.

Fjolle

DST messed with it this weekend, but it seems to work now.

Noaloha

Thanks for the time confirms all, appreciated. Looking forward to this one for some reason. Gonna make an evening of it with some snacks.

kai3345

Banned
Not sure I'd watch a series on a bunch of games too shitty to get quick looks, but I'm definitely all for the idea of some more traditionally produced videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom