• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Using your job for self-promotion is kinda gross, but I guess that's the age we live in. Tireless self-promoters are creepy, in general, though. I follow Giant Bomb for the personalities and game info, not to be part of a captive audience for Dan Ryckert's extracurricular career ambitions.

Using your job for self-promotion is kinda gross, but I guess that's the age we live in. Tireless self-promoters are creepy, in general, though.

Using his job? It's on his personal twitter account, not Giantbomb.
I follow Giant Bomb for the personalities and game info, not to be part of a captive audience for Dan Ryckert's extracurricular career ambitions.
Then don't follow him on Twitter.

tesqui

I don't know how to put it in words but it seems really gross.. The money should go to charity then it'd be 100% okay.

Also jesus christ i'ts @ $100

I don't know how to put it in words but it seems really gross.. The money should go to charity then it'd be 100% okay.

Also jesus christ i'ts @ $100

why? man sells dumb crap, people buy dumb crap, whatever.

to his credit, the man can write a hell of a listing description

it's already up to triple digits. whoever is bidding on it needs to be removed from society and forced to play ngage games till their tacophone dies.

Greg Miller bid on it, so I'm ok with this

Zaph

Can't blame a guy for giving the people what they want.

Turns out, what the people want is a beer stained Waluigi sign

if it was like some free game crap he was selling then we could have an outrage thread in gaming

this is his 3rd grader level art he brought to a live soap opera who gives a shit if he puts it on ebay

if it was like some free game crap he was selling then we could have an outrage thread in gaming

this is his 3rd grader level art he brought to a live soap opera who gives a shit if he puts it on ebay

People get mad that he promotes his books on twitter. There are some really bizarre perspectives out there.

klonere

Banned
how in the world are people mad at Dan for this

Capitalism motherfuckers, rational actors making the best decisions for themselves, its their money they can do what they like with it

Zaph

Wanna know a real ripoff?

Apparently there's this website on the internet that charges you to access it's content. Not just once either, but every month or year!

I think Drew actually picked up that M63 but didn't get to use it.

Really? That's odd because I got to.

Then again I haven't even seen the video since I'm still catching up on MGScanlon 1. And from what I've seen Dan has been pretty helpful for when Drew gets stuck, but doesn't tell him the answers right away and teaching him good things to keep in mind like keeping the rations equipped and using the codec.

No_Style

If he's not donating the winnings, it's a little gross. But honestly? Whatever. We live in a world where people are paying $2500 for digital ships for a game that's in-development.

BearPawB

Banned
I know the loyalty of fans runs strong in here, but come on. The self-promotional stuff has come up on the Bombcast and video stuff on the site, too. Not to mention the GAF GB threads.

And dismissively calling criticism "outrage" is silly. Nobody's outraged.

I pay for a giant bomb subscription because i like their work and want to support them.
I bought Dan's book because i like his work and want to support him.
I don't see what there is to criticize.

Zornack

The sign isn't even related to his job. If he advertised on UPF that he was going to ebay a copy of Bloodborne signed by everyone in the office and keep the profits then yeah, that'd be weird and gross. But some stupid sign he waved around at a wrestling event? More power to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom