• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Oh god what has happened to the Bloodborne thread

giphy.gif

They mentioned a live Quick Look, probably tomorrow.

Tuesday live QL, yeah.

It was the first thing I saw in the Bloodborne thread.

Hey I didn't see much mention of Alexa Ray guesting on that quicklook, what did people think? I think she's intelligent and funny, I hope she shows up on UPF or other GB features in the future.

She seemed decent, she knew what she was talking about but her personality didn't stand out to me beyond that, so I'm indifferent.

Between taxes and moving, there's no way I can afford new games right now, so Bloodborne will have to wait a long time if ever. I've never played a Souls game, so I'm not really sure if I'd be into it. I tend to not like hard games, though.

Man... I almost completely forgot about that shit show last year after the hires.

Maybe the dumbest "internet fight" I have ever seen. Just the angriest sides of the internet tossing shit at eachother for a week and Giant Bomb in the middle wondering how that happened.

I'd love to play Bloodborne, but I'm not buying a PS4 just to play Bloodborne. That seems like a crazy person's idea.

I'll admit that I haven't re-subscribed to premium specifically because I'm waiting to see whom they'll bring in next. As good as Dan and Jason have been, I want someone who has Patrick's willingness to reach beyond comfort zones and experiment.

Man... I almost completely forgot about that shit show last year after the hires.

Maybe the dumbest "internet fight" I have ever seen. Just the angriest sides of the internet tossing shit at eachother for a week and Giant Bomb in the middle wondering how that happened.

Because it was easy to use it as an example to represent an institutional problems (see Jenn Frank's essay on Gamasutra) when it wasn't clear what the process behind the hiring was. Transparency about the process would have helped some, but it wouldn't have stopped all the craziness.

Tucah

you speak so well
Starting this JR interview, should be good stuff.

Excited to see a a Bloodborne QL tomorrow I guess, if I can pull myself away from the game long enough to watch it.

Anybody use Podcast Addict? I'm trying to use it to subscribe to premium podcasts, but I can't get it to work.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. I was using the wrong password.

jaina

Hey Russ Frushtick still doesn't have a job, has tons of experience working in game news, lives in NY and is freinds with GBeast. Logically, he's a possible candidate, just sayin...

his farewell post on Polygon sounded like he wanted to get away from the daily news grind.

I like Sliwinski's vines. But more importantly, I'm very confident with whoever Jeff's and Vinny's (and Alex's and CBSi HR's) choice will be.

I

Because it was easy to use it as an example to represent an institutional problems (see Jenn Frank's essay on Gamasutra) when it wasn't clear what the process behind the hiring was. Transparency about the process would have helped some, but it wouldn't have stopped all the craziness.

Dont get me wrong. I could see the greater point that people wanted to make that I didnt see any issue with. It just seemed like at the time that the crazy people got to the microphone before the reasonable people with well thought out ideas did.

Thats the magic of twitter though.

Anyway it was dark times. Lets change the subject and listen to this Jim Ross interview... because what?

Has Alex talked about whether he's kept up with Sid Meier's Starships? Some reviews have made it seem really shallow, and I'm looking for a light strategy to take with my on my flights this week.

Mr. F

Banned
Hey Russ Frushtick still doesn't have a job, has tons of experience working in game news, lives in NY and is freinds with GBeast. Logically, he's a possible candidate, just sayin...

Was never a fan of Frushtick, his tastes on the Besties podcast came across as extremely narrow and opinions uninformed a lot of the time.

santeesioux

That was what I realised after playing FF13. Hope 15 can drag me back in, Type-0 sure as hell won't.

I've gone back and forth on the series, I thought X was the last "great" one, 12 and the mmos I don't care about, and 13 was an ok rpg with a really fun battle system that I have no desire to ever go back and play again. The various spin offs I can do without too. 15 looks interesting, don't like the douchey boy band looking characters, but i'm all in with the idea of a road trip game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom