• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Nah. I'm not saying this on Twitter until the day before the auction ends, but I'm giving 100% of the money to Connor's Cure for pediatric brain cancer research. I just wanna see how high the bidding will get first considering it's just a fucking piece of paper at this point.

This is good to hear.

Lelcar

I didn't know or forgot that Giant Bomb almost collaborated with Sony to do exclusive Home video content. Interesting.

I'm at the FLIRT zone part of the stream now and it's pretty great.

I didn't know or forgot that Giant Bomb almost collaborated with Sony to do exclusive Home video content. Interesting.

I'm at the FLIRT zone part of the stream now and it's pretty great.

He talked about it on a recentish podcast I believe. The problem was that it could only be shown through Home, and couldn't be published anywhere else, so it would be one more video production thing that was a relatively small audience.

Fucking subway cup.

Truelove.jpg

57b6bc619d4119bb4d198d407b8eaa32.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa....

"The Godfather games are better than the Godfather movies" -Dan Ryckert

Ok I think he finally crossed the line

Emarv

"The Godfather video game is better than The Godfather movie".

Add that to that tumblr site. I would say unbelievable, but I'm beginning to think I'll never cease to be amazed by what he says.

A university gave him a FILM DEGREE?

daydream

Banned
I take it the Home stream is pretty good, huh. Looking forward to catching the archive.

I think I tried out Home once (I wanna as it was a year or two after it was launched) on a friend's PS3. I ran around a whole bunch and visited an arcade(?) but I don't remember if I got to play/do anything.

The whole thing seemed like one big void, just with a whole bunch of things in it. I mean, I could see the people running around on the plaza, different buildings with billboards I could look at and stuff, with leaderboards and whatnot, so many statistics and numbers, your shitty apartment - and the amount of activities seemed severely limited, to say the least, as if an invisible force was stopping me from standing out and breaking the perpetual ennui which engulfed the whole environment, preserving it as the sterile incubator it so forcibly was maintained as. Ultimately, it was a very prohibiting and utterly pointless experience.

Yes, Playstation Home was a metaphor for life and now they're ending it.

FluxWaveZ

Sad times. But I guess there is less to do here when compared to The Matrix Online.

Yeah, that's understandable. The Matrix Online was amazing as that series had an arc, with fans of that game hunting Ryan down because of how Giant Bomb were looking at the game, with GB fans trying to protect him.

Wonder if they'll miss out on anything special for right when PlayStation Home's about to shut down, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom