• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Meh. I'm now done with this Unplugged. No disrespect to Rorie, but he's just not the right guy to run this, which is a conundrum since, presumably, he's the one that started it.

justjim89

Meh, Rorie seemed like he prepared more this time around. It's not the smoothest game, but Giant Bomb has never really been about masterful play of anything.

As I've mentioned, the TroyHasACamera(known for Marble Hornets) guys have an ongoing DnD series that's pretty entertaining with a great DM. We're on a Quest!

popo

Irony is that Gamespot apparently have weekly (?) off camera D&D games for their own amusement. Assuming these games are fun, they should have just grabbed whoever DMs those games to help out. I bet Rorie would have had more fun playing, rather than hosting, anyway.

Yeah, I'd agree that Pathfinder was great and less is incredibly less so. I don't think they should kill the show, they should just shift the focus to card/board games that they can play a round of in one show.

TraBuch

Banned
I think Unplugged needs to stick with card games. While Pathfinder was pretty fun, it was more due to the guys that played it that aren't there now. Vinny and Dave carried it, and while Ian's passive-aggressive arguments with Rorie got a bit old, he was pretty knowledgeable which put less pressure on Rorie.

Stick with stuff like Avalon and Cards Against Humanity. Think Gloom would be fun to watch?

Kurdel

Banned
The map they are using is horrible.

25$ for this chessex map on Amazon would have been a smarter investment.

mat4.jpg

Also, Rorie using the DM screen packaging instead of the actual screen is hilarious.

Nishastra

Banned
I said it last time, Rorie just isn't a good enough DM to get this group through. You need someone who is completely on the ball and willing to make up whatever needs to be made up at a moment's notice.

Knowledge of the campaign isn't even as important as the ability to just keep things moving no matter what.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
yeah im gonna bail and watch some vinny alex quicklooks

f0rk

Do you think this is how bored Dan looks on the bombcast when he goes through entire segments without saying anything

rObit

Banned
Having never played any D&D, I didn't really know what was going on and figured this was just how it always went. Then someone brought up The Adventure Zone and now I just have no desire to check out the unplugged stuff anymore. No disrespect to anyone involved, I just don't think that it's a feature worth continuing unless they want to invest more time and effort into it, which it seems like they don't. Or yeah, like you guys said, just pick smaller games that don't require as much effort to make compelling.

Johndoey

Banned
Anyone disappointed with unplugged should check out Game Trailers d-n-d show. Its not perfect but its a damn sight better than this.

hamchan

Too much rule looking. I would just say make most of it up if you don't remember.

Like, Dan wanting to chuck someone down the stairs right now. Just pick the most obvious stat, which is strength, roll, and then just let the man chuck a monster down the stairs. No need to look it all up like this exactly.

Guys, I know I'm in the minority but I'm kind of enjoying this D&D stream. I've never really played D&D which probably helps my enjoyment somewhat.
Granted, it's not as great as Avalon or Pathfinder but good nonetheless.

TraBuch

Banned
Guys, I know I'm in the minority but I'm kind of enjoying this D&D stream. I've never really played D&D which probably helps my enjoyment somewhat.
Granted, it's not as great as Avalon or Pathfinder but good nonetheless.
Don't ever listen to The Adventure Zone, then. It'll ruin Unplugged for you.

Noaloha

I keep getting my hopes up for each of these D&D shows and I think I need to stop getting my hopes up. Too little energy, too little storytelling, too little playfulness. D&D as nothing but a dice fighting system played dryly from one fight to the next is not much fun. If they play to a point where they get into town, maybe the conversation stuff will play better as a piece of entertainment.

If anyone was excited tonight to watch some D&D specifically (as opposed to excited about GB content specifically), may I recommend any of the Acquisitions Incorporated liveshows. They're good fun.

Megasoum

Banned
Me and Drew worked on Death Jr. 2 on the Wii at the same time...

I didn't know him back then... I wish I still had access to the bug database to go see some of his stuff and if we ever actually interracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom