• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No E3 for Patrick this year. I guess New Guy gets the shitty stick. Either that or Gawker is tighter than CBS with the travel budget.

I thought he had said he didn't really want to go. Shame he won't be on any of the post-E3 shows. A lot has changed for GB since last E3.

Teddified

How do you guys feel about Witcher 2's difficulty? Is normal too easy?

I played the first one like 2 years ago, loved it and wanted to go straight to 2 but it just never really happened. So I'll probably start now and maybe I'll be able to start Witcher 3 in like 1-2 years heh.

How do you guys feel about Witcher 2's difficulty? Is normal too easy?

I played the first one like 2 years ago, loved it and wanted to go straight to 2 but it just never really happened. So I'll probably start now and maybe I'll be able to start Witcher 3 in like 1-2 years heh.

Normal felt just right to me, you'll get punished for making mistakes but not in a way that feels unfair.

No new Vinnyvania? Was hoping for Castlevania 3 action.

They said they'd take a break for a week after beating simon's quest, so hopefully sometime next week.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Eurovision is like soccer, 10% of it is really great and amazing (not talking bout the music here), the rest is usually boring and uneventful yet I still love and watch both.

popo

Tuning in late, who was dumb enough to give UK a point?

I really hope Russia wins. Given how camp eurovision is, it would be hilariously embarassing to have them host.

Zaph

Lana is very, very good. Not really a fan of most pop music, but she's an exception. I'd definitely go out of my way to hear her live one day if she ever does a smaller London venue.

repeater

Sweden is now the country with the second most Eurovision wins, trailing behind only Ireland

RjdZAmJ.gif

Witcher 2/3 should be played on hard or higher if you want any sense of challenge. They're both weird in that it starts out relatively difficult and then gets very easy as the game progresses and you're given more tools to defend yourself with.

Witcher 2/3 should be played on hard or higher if you want any sense of challenge. They're both weird in that it starts out relatively difficult and then gets very easy as the game progresses and you're given more tools to defend yourself with.

You just described every difficult game that gives you more "tools" as you progress.

You just described every difficult game that gives you more "tools" as you progress.
Not really, Ninja Gaiden and the Devil May Cry games for example continue to ramp up the difficulty as you go along. New monsters, faster attacks, varying groups of enemies, etc. In the Witcher games you don't really have that standard jump in difficulty as you progress. You start out fighting large groups and continue to do so throughout. Outside of bosses humans don't get new abilities. Lots of variations in monster behavior but that's all in the side content.

Best way I can think of to describe the difference is in most games you start out with a limp fighting cats until you progress the point where you're fighting cats and lions at the same time with new abilities. Whereas in the Witcher games you start out with both legs missing fighting 4 lions at once and end the game still fighting 4 lions but with new abilities that make it almost impossible for you to die.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think Drew who appreciates the craziness of MGS and the campiness of Eurovision as well as dumb action movies would love pro wrestling.

I think it's impossible for any adult new to wrestling to get deep into it, given the quality of the current product. Indies might be good enough for a non-fan to have fun, but I doubt it'd be good enough to turn anyone into a diehard fan, and anyone watching the WWE for the first time right now is sure to be disgusted at the crap that takes up 80% of the show.

Even Dan would probably hate or be indifferent to the idea of wrestling if he had never seen wrestling before and you sat him in front of a random modern day WWE PPV.

I'm positive the vast majority of current wrestling fans are kids that don't know any better, and wrestling fans who became fans 15 years ago and are continuing just on the momentum of being a "wrestling fan".

Myggen

Guys, if you were to bring a game on the Old Games Show, or possibly for a Bombastica, what would you bring? I'm thinking maybe Mega Man Legends.

Baldur's Gate 2 since it's my favourite game. Still need to figure how to show a game like that though, the Random PC Game of that game was pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom