• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Fairway Solitaire is the best solitaire game.

This seems like the perfect moment to confess to this.

cfUhJ0Q.jpg

*nods to Alex
Oh no, I own this game on Steam somehow. I'm installing it. Help.

pronk420

how spoilerific is breaking brad borne? I don't care too much especially if its all optional stuff but I don't want to see a walkthrough of the ending/last bosses yet

I finally had a chance to dive into the Witcher 3 yesterday. The difference in load times that I'm getting on PC and the load times demonstrated on the Xbox One is so massive. It is a tiny fraction of the time.

That seems to be an issue on a number of current gen games and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This generation most or everything is installed on the hard drive, the machines are using DDR3 and GDDR5, same memory tech used on PC. The only thing that stands out as a major difference between the PC and the PS4/Xbox One platforms is the CPU, especially single threaded performance. That must be a contributor but typically hard disk access was the bottleneck when it came to loading applications into memory.

danm999

I finally had a chance to dive into the Witcher 3 yesterday. The difference in load times that I'm getting on PC and the load times demonstrated on the Xbox One is so massive. It is a tiny fraction of the time.

That seems to be an issue on a number of current gen games and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This generation most or everything is installed on the hard drive, the machines are using DDR3 and GDDR5, same memory tech used on PC. The only thing that stands out as a major difference between the PC and the PS4/Xbox One platforms is the CPU, especially single threaded performance. That must be a contributor but typically hard disk access was the bottleneck when it came to loading applications into memory.

IIRC the built in Xbox One HDD is only 5400 RPM, so depending what you're packing in your PC the load times could be quite different even if you have a comparable CPU and GPU.

santeesioux

Everyone is making me want to play it so badly, but I still have 2 I really want to get through, and before that I'm in the middle of Suikoden 2. Not a bad problem to have, I know.

Coonce

soooo firefox recently updated and now GB's player on "streaming" has been really choppy. like a framedrop every 6-7 seconds or so.

switching over to HTML5 makes the player less laggy, but it's still semi buggy. has anyone figured out any fixes? or is anyone else even having this problem?

Curufinwe

I really disliked the choices in games until Godhand, but I guess that happens.

I mean, they played MKX two weeks ago. It can't get any more boring than that for me.

I actually just read the MKX review in Edge and boy did they do an amazing job of explaining all the problems with that game, and the whole franchise.

Zaph

Oh shit, that Regency QL. Was really on edge at the end there.

"...she's looking for a Macy's.."

Totally just bought the game

I mean, they played MKX two weeks ago. It can't get any more boring than that for me.

I actually just read the MKX review in Edge and boy did they do an amazing job of explaining all the problems with that game, and the whole franchise.

I wouldn't have minded some Witcher 3 from brad. I know there is a lot of content on the site from Gbeast for that game, but like you said they spent like 3 UPFs playing MKX for an hour so...

I wonder if Jeff, or any of them really, give a shit what people think in the comments. I mean I'd like to hope that he does just a little bit.

Also wait what the fuck how did the Warframe group manage to get in the community spotlight? Oh god I'm in community spotlight.

justjim89

I'm at 58 hours on The Witcher 3. It's a drug.

Right? I'm 28 hours in, level 8, and still haven't gotten around to doing the quests they did in Alex's part of the QL. God, there's so much to it. Interested to here more talk of it on the Bombcast now that Dan has played it and Brad should be deeper.

ev0

soooo firefox recently updated and now GB's player on "streaming" has been really choppy. like a framedrop every 6-7 seconds or so.

switching over to HTML5 makes the player less laggy, but it's still semi buggy. has anyone figured out any fixes? or is anyone else even having this problem?

I was having issues on Firefox as well and switched to HTML5. Main issue for me is that the video wont play when I press play. I have to right click over the video and select play.

It works mostly, but there is still weirdness like audio out of sync and choppiness, Seems to get fixed after a bit. But still annoying

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hope GBEast gets the new hire soon already, feels like they started talking about it a year ago (they probably did)

Drakeon

I hope GBEast gets the new hire soon already, feels like they started talking about it a year ago (they probably did)

Shit, it's been nearly 6 months. Patrick left at the end of 2014 and I believe they posted the position slightly before we knew he was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom