• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

I really hope Danny can be on the goty podcast if he has the time or guts to do it.
Just because of his snark and because he needs to rising tackle a place for witcher 3, even if it isn't my own favorite game, not challenging Jeff on this thing in particular would be a shame since it does so much more so much better than skyrim and dragon age combined.

Myggen

I really hope Danny can be on the goty podcast if he has the time or guts to do it.
Just because of his snark and because he needs to rising tackle a place for witcher 3, even if it isn't my own favorite game, not challenging Jeff on this thing in particular would be a shame since it does so much more so much better than skyrim and dragon age combined.

TLoU got GOTY, if the others like Witcher enough it will win regardless of Jeff's opinion.

But let's not start discussing GOTY shit again.

I don't understand why Danny would be there, plus if everyone else likes the Witcher it can still win. Also GOTY is a long way away so who cares.

Giant Bomb #15 | Fire Cara

Also Gwent is the greatest fucking thing in existence and I spent 5 hours last night wandering the countryside on horseback playing a children's collectible cardgame. Next-gen videogames are finally here.

KingKong

I am completely 100% on board with having GBeast premium content be Vinny playing Castlevania, Kerbal Space Program and Witcher 3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll be really interested to see what neogaf and giant bomb's opinions of Witcher 3's controls will be after they play Arkham Knight. If they'll still be considered 'ok' or if the comparison will make Witcher's combat and handling seem even more worse.

Obviously they're not the same, but there's enough strong similarities. Kind of like how Last of Us came out after Bioshock Infinite and did a lot of the themes of Bioshock Infinite WAY better and made the game seem worse in retrospective for some people on here.

Haunted

I don't get the confusion about the German story. Him thinking he said Nazi seems pertty obvious. Germans don't like that shit.
How do you bungle saying Nachtisch so bad that it comes out sounding like Nazi?

I still stand by my "Nackt tisch" theory, which was then interpreted as a request for a naked table dance (with the owner's daughter being the only other female in the vicinity).

Haunted

It's a common typographical error. The new hire isn't "cara," it's "a car."

They're going all Fighters Megamix on us.
6CCO1.png

Well, there's the idea for the next bombcast thread.

How do you bungle saying Nachtisch so bad that it comes out sounding like Nazi?

I still stand by my "Nackt tisch" theory, which was then interpreted as a request for a naked table dance (with the owner's daughter being the only other female in the vicinity).

I'm pretty sure Vinny implied that the word he used on the podcast was made up for the story, and that he didn't remember the actual word used the day the story takes place.

Why?

Also if the other guys like Witcher 3 there is a good chance it will be on the list, hell it might win too.

convo

Also if the other guys like Witcher 3 there is a good chance it will be on the list, hell it might win too.

I am really not sure if i actually have faith in more than one or two of them playing through a witcher game despite its monumental value. I think people will have to tell them to play the game every week. Be glad to be proven wrong on this weeks bombcasts.

TraBuch

Banned
Can't wait for today's bombcast where Brett'll be all like "Yeah, I saw a bunch of new games but I can't talk about em" and I'll be jealous and mad and wish that it was June 16.

Myggen

I am really not sure if i actually have faith in more than one or two of them playing through a witcher game despite its monumental value. I think people will have to tell them to play the game every week. Be glad to be proven wrong on this weeks bombcasts.

If they don't the game didn't grab them enough to play it to completion. Brad has put over 60 hours into Bloodborne at this point, so it's not like they don't play long games anymore.

I can already feel this game becoming what The Last of Us was around GOTY if not everyone absolutely loves it/have played it to completion.

Anyone else have a problem with Giant Bomb/Gamespot videos sometimes just staying on a black screen when you hit play?

It's happening on two PCs for me, both using Chrome. Might be an ad blocker thing, but I can't tell

Myggen

Anyone else have a problem with Giant Bomb/Gamespot videos sometimes just staying on a black screen when you hit play?

It's happening on two PCs for me, both using Chrome. Might be an ad blocker thing, but I can't tell

If you use the HTTPS Everywhere Chrome extension, turn it off (it might be possible to turn it off just for GB, I don't know). That fixed that exact problem for me (the HTML5 player always worked, this happened to the streaming/progressive player).

Also, don't use ad block on GB if you're not a premium member ;)

Myggen

How about no, never, and not gonna happen.

Also I've written extensively on adblock as someone who has actually worked in advertising.

The ";)" was meant to indicate that it was a tongue in cheek suggestion.

But since you've decided to go all serious on me, I have no problem arguing that I think people should turn adblock off for sites they like. Your argument is basically that people have the right to not do so, which they obviously have and I won't call people "pirates" or shit like that, but I think people should turn it off when they like a site.

I don't use adblock, and have survived until now at least. A lot of advertisers probably have my data because of that though, but I figured that was gonna happen eventually anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom