• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use the HTTPS Everywhere Chrome extension, turn it off (it might be possible to turn it off just for GB, I don't know). That fixed that exact problem for me (the HTML5 player always worked, this happened to the streaming/progressive player).

Also, don't use ad block on GB if you're not a premium member ;)

Of course I'm premium :p

Myggen

Of course I'm premium :p

JUviBXo.gif

Almost completely baseless new hire speculation time!!!!!!!

So Gamespot AU's Jess McDonell has been hyping up an upcoming New York trip on twitter here in the past few days. Being a Gamespot employee would help the Visa process, plus she does the news recap things for them and has extensive on camera experience. I don't know what her news background is besides the videos though. Just something that could be something, although it is probably just a vacation for her.

Zaph

I don't think Edgework was exaggerating when he said the new hire is a long ways off. Any comings and goings in NYC is probably because NYC is a very popular city.

All signs and limited public information points towards a promising applicant falling through and GB being back at square one.

i daresay, that's text in gif done right

you should host a webinar on that
Super easy. After effects' rotoscoping tool, some layering and a drop shadow if you're feeling fancy. With a bit of practice it takes 2-3mins.

daydream

Banned
Super easy. After effects' rotoscoping tool, some layering and a drop shadow if you're feeling fancy. With a bit of practice it takes 2-3mins.

ha, i was referring to its merits from a conceptual angle (compared to, say, the tumblr way of doing gif subtitles) but thanks for the explanation. i don't dabble in graphics software but hope others will take note.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm starting to miss Dan, guys.

Rorie has a better camera presence than I ever expected.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Obsidian, a small outfit Matt Rorie used to run, but when he was there he was giving presentations on games as part of his job (along with designing Alpha Protocol). He has public speaking skills. He just seems to not much care by the time Friday rolls around and he's busy living in his chat/support world and barely recognizing that he's on camera most of the time.

Probably asking a lot on a holiday weekend when they usually record on Mondays, but I hope a bombcast is up before my UK bedtime for me to snooze to (that time is fast approaching as well :( )

Probably asking a lot on a holiday weekend when they usually record on Mondays, but I hope a bombcast is up before my UK bedtime for me to snooze to (that time is fast approaching as well :( )

The Giant Beastcast added to my weekly lineup has been perfect. I now have enough (including the Bombcast and Tested podcast) to last the entire week of commuting!

I am really not sure if i actually have faith in more than one or two of them playing through a witcher game despite its monumental value. I think people will have to tell them to play the game every week. Be glad to be proven wrong on this weeks bombcasts.

but its not 2 so far though with Brad, Vinny, Jason and Alex of all people (he has explicitly mentioned this a few times) so it should at least have some shot i think. Maybe Dan could be included?

If the scenario does pan out i hope they can defend it this time unlike what they did to Wolfenstein lol

If they don't the game didn't grab them enough to play it to completion. Brad has put over 60 hours into Bloodborne at this point, so it's not like they don't play long games anymore.

I can already feel this game becoming what The Last of Us was around GOTY if not everyone absolutely loves it/have played it to completion.

Also this can happen as well and be totally understandable but given the talks so far it seems that the content in there could grab them.enough.

We'll see since there is still a ton of time left until GOTY shenaningans :p

Also in regards to the last line, add that weird discussion last week in here about GB needing to talking about witcher 3 and it should be reviewed by the west office (for some fucking bizarre reason as if Vinny/Alex doing it somehow doesn't count) and i agree.

Dearest Iron Brigade players! Tis with great pleasure we announce that Double Fine recently regained the rights to publish Iron Brigade on PC, Mac, and Linux and as such did an update to add Steam matchmaking, in addition to a few other bug fixes and improvements!

The update was released today for PC. To celebrate, the game is currently available for 80% off.

There are currently no plans to rename the game, "Trenched."

Y'all need to keep in mind previous GB GOTY debates and their backstabbing, filibustering, horsetrading, filibustering, and just how many great games go unmentioned (and filibustering), much less make their Top 10.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Obsidian, a small outfit Matt Rorie used to run, but when he was there he was giving presentations on games as part of his job (along with designing Alpha Protocol). He has public speaking skills. He just seems to not much care by the time Friday rolls around and he's busy living in his chat/support world and barely recognizing that he's on camera most of the time.

"So what is the goal of this game"

Note how it was a soccer game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
vinny needs to equalise those audio levels on the beastcast or boost third chair mic

not just me right? Maybe scott bakula was leaning away from the mic so he could breathe

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
vinny needs to equalise those audio levels on the beastcast or boost third chair mic

not just me right? Maybe scott bakula was leaning away from the mic so he could breathe
Yeah, I had to use the voice-boost in Pocket Casts. Also one sound effect early on was really f'n loud. But still pretty good for a first podcast.

Apparently I posted the wrong link, this is the one I was trying to link to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cs1grnemE

But yeah, I've seen Gerstmann agree, destroying adview advertising revenue models will make for a better Internet.
They immediately removed it, though.

Megasoum

Banned
Almost completely baseless new hire speculation time!!!!!!!

So Gamespot AU's Jess McDonell has been hyping up an upcoming New York trip on twitter here in the past few days. Being a Gamespot employee would help the Visa process, plus she does the news recap things for them and has extensive on camera experience. I don't know what her news background is besides the videos though. Just something that could be something, although it is probably just a vacation for her.

Mary is learning the job

#itshappening

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, I had to use the voice-boost in Pocket Casts. Also one sound effect early on was really f'n loud. But still pretty good for a first podcast.

yeah had to do the same, then keep lowering it when vinny or alex spoke loudly again

I actually emailed him earlier today saying the same thing.

👍

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I watched so many screened videos at work today that I might have forgotten the work today part of work today. For reasons I can't recall I was just searching for Screened on Youtube last week and couldn't find anything.

Jintor

No, the actual world. The world itself is always the world, and while there is a lot of detail but it's just a city, with a lot of buildings that serve nothing but be window dressing for me to have to drive between locations. I don't find a city all that interesting really, and the fact that only a few locations actually matter just makes exploring the world very disengaging to me.

Plus I honestly just don't like driving in games, period. Plus I always thought the combat gameplay for GTA games are always terrible.

Only GTA style games I liked was sleeping dogs, but that was mostly due to the slightly more tolerable and engaging gameplay as well as the HK movie aesthetic. Saint's row is ok mostly of how much they don't give a fuck but steelport is such a boring place.

I AGREE 100%

Actually maybe one of the most interesting open worlds to me was probably the way smaller open world of Dead Rising 2 (never played 1 or 3) because it was so small that every location mattered.

Come to think of it I also really liked State of Decay's various open worlds (that is the original one and Breakdown), probably again because almost every house was enterable (even if they were all template houses), raidable for supplies, and you could set some to be cleared out, some to generate resources... oh and cars were permacars so you couldn't just spawn them out of a drivethrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom