• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynidas

Banned
A professional wrestler. Google 'Jun Kasai's back' sometime.

dL9L7sc.jpg

They've talked about the Guy Game, but I've never seen the box.

Inspired decision, to take the cover photo right after telling the host that one of the girls was underage.

I've played that fucking piece of garbage game. we got it in at the video store I used to work at. I played it for an hour and I think the only titties I saw were in the opening video or something and the rest is the worst trivia/minigame collection you've ever played in your life

Bacon

I remember seeing a review for guy game in a gameinformer when I was in middle school and wanting it so fucking badly.

Jothel

Got 10 minutes into Jeff's periscope and then I got a phone call and it reset to the beginning... guess I'm not watching the rest of that then

justjim89

As big a game as it is, I'd love to see them do some kind of regular check in on their progress in The Witcher 3, where they can spoil stuff freely and talk in depth about it. Because methinks only one or none of them will actually finish the story to have a proper spoilercast.

As big a game as it is, I'd love to see them do some kind of regular check in on their progress in The Witcher 3, where they can spoil stuff freely and talk in depth about it. Because methinks only one or none of them will actually finish the story to have a proper spoilercast.

GB tried that with Dark Souls 2. I think there was maybe two episodes by a couple weeks after launch before it was shelved indefinitely.

I don't know how well that would work for Witcher 3, especially since there'd be such huge gulfs in each player's experience. And Dan would be there. Saying Gerald. Ugh.

Zaph

seems like i missed a hot periscope

this is me lighting the gb unarchived signal

Can one even view them on desktop?
I had a little poke around Periscope earlier and... It's complicated. There's no public way of viewing replays from a desktop, only mobile apps.

I managed to sniff out the direct link to Jeff's archived stream hoping it would reveal a source file, but it's completely protected behind Twitter's xAuth: https://api.periscope.tv/api/v2/replayPlaylist.m3u8?broadcast_id=14649517

This would be pretty easy to capture if Twitter was giving out Periscope API dev keys, but they ain't.

It's a long shot, but if there are any programmers here with better experience of poking around the iOS environment than I, you would be doing us a solid if you could have a look at this reverse engineered Periscope API, then try to extract public/private keys from the author's (deliberately vague) instructions. We could then capture the replay bitstream directly from any video.

No doubt there'll be a lot more Periscope's around E3, so would be great to have a reliable way to get them on GB Unarchived. Otherwise it means getting a screen recorder and going full bootleg.

Myggen

No doubt there'll be a lot more Periscope's around E3, so would be great to have a reliable way to get them on GB Unarchived. Otherwise it means getting a screen recorder and going full bootleg.

I like the idea of going full old school handheld camera from a movie theatre with this.

I hope someone told Brad it's faster to farm echoes to buy blood vials than to try and farm the vials. Just run through the lecture hall with the right runes and you can pretty much get enough to max out (pre-patch 99 limit) in like 5-10 minutes.

Myggen

CommanderDan_zpsolcvpsis.gif

The image of Dan sitting over by himself looking like M. Bison, reading that Mario Party guide, is the hardest I've laughed in a while.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, I've been looking for a way to download the periscope archives. It's possible to download them with videodownloadhelper (firefox) while they're live, but nothing after. I'm trying to run an android emulator and sniffing the url's but it looks like they're protected anyways.

With how popular periscope is becoming, I'm surprised someone smarter than I hasn't come up with a way.

Zaph

Yeah, I've been looking for a way to download the periscope archives. It's possible to download them with videodownloadhelper (firefox) while they're live, but nothing after. I'm trying to run an android emulator and sniffing the url's but it looks like they're protected anyways.

With how popular periscope is becoming, I'm surprised someone smarter than I hasn't come up with a way.
What's the performance like with Android emulators? If Periscope and a screen recorder works well virtualised, that might be a good way of capturing the replay. Real time capture isn't ideal, but a lot better if it can be done in the background via emu.

Fireblend

Banned
What's the performance like with Android emulators? If Periscope and a screen recorder works well virtualised, that might be a good way of capturing the replay. Real time capture isn't ideal, but a lot better if it can be done in the background via emu.

Native emulators (the sort you can setup using the SDK's device manager) suck unless you're using HAXM acceleration. What I do for my developing needs is use Genymotion, it works really well but it requires you to have VIrtualBox installed.

At least you had a C64, some cool guy sunglasses and hat, and South Korean candy.

And Mario Party.

as someone lucky enough to live around like 5 korean grocery stores, korean snacks are legit, and that was a good package

jeff seemed happy about the c64.

Anjin M

I am so glad there are smarter people than me in this thread. I'm over here banging two rocks together trying to figure out this Periscope thing.

Bacon

Mailbag has officially developed into a junkbox. I meant, dude sent them some random, yellow-tainted Nintendo Power?

Yeah that was nasty. Brad hit the nail on the head when he said they were probably laying on some guys bathroom floor for god knows how long.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Video performance is usually fine (using Bluestacks) on youtube at least. It doesn't seem to like Periscope videos though. Just keeps loading.
QW2i0d3.png

It apparently works, though.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueStacksInc/posts/957921654228622

Native emulators (the sort you can setup using the SDK's device manager) suck unless you're using HAXM acceleration. What I do for my developing needs is use Genymotion, it works really well but it requires you to have VIrtualBox installed.
would you check if Periscope works in that emulator (requires 4.4)?

Zaph

Bit costly. Guessing the free version is too kneecapped?

Video performance is usually fine (using Bluestacks) on youtube at least. It doesn't seem to like Periscope videos though. Just keeps loading. [img ]http://i.imgur.com/QW2i0d3.png[/img]

It apparently works, though.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueStacksInc/posts/957921654228622
Damn. That dude in the comments might have just tried launching the app but not actually loading a video.

Will give the native capture Apple added to QuickTime a go tomorrow. It should work but I've been told the framerate is poor. Also not fond of having to tether an iPad each time to capture, virtualisation is much more preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom