• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Did Drew's periscope not broadcast? I can't find it on his timeline.

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/hjo7tjW.jpg[/img]

Good job. Drew's broadcast is there, but he didn't post it to Twitter. In the Periscope app, search for him by name and you should see a 'Recent' option.

Doesn't seem like Periscope keeps replays for long...

Drew didn't know they were using Periscope, he just thought they were all holding their phones up and wanted to fit in.

v3uJjIe.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good job. Drew's broadcast is there, but he didn't post it to Twitter. In the Periscope app, search for him by name and you should see a 'Recent' option.

Doesn't seem like Periscope keeps replays for long...

Maybe the android version doesn't have that. No recent option for me, so I'll probably need the link.
AW2b5jS.jpg

More Bradborne today, I'm not terribly excited for it. The amount of coverage they give those games has been a bit excessive, although I suppose they seem popular.

More Bradborne today, I'm not terribly excited for it. The amount of coverage they give those games has been a bit excessive, although I suppose they seem popular.
I enjoyed the first episode due to it being Brad and Jason. They're a great duo for Breaking Brad.
man look at drew

can we start a charity donation to get them all to shave for the summer ffs
Bearded Giantbomb is best Giantbomb, especially Drew.

klonere

Banned
man look at drew

can we start a charity donation to get them all to shave for the summer ffs

drew with beard is a lady slayer. lang was 100% right when he said Drew should just hang out in malls all days chatting up moms about his crossfit regime.

Although that would appear to be completely against Drew's character.

Sakwoff

FUUUUCK I remember this game.

I have no desire to replay it though because my joyful memories would likely be soured by the reality.

It's for the better. The game is pretty slow and runs at like 20fps, which is hard to stomach. Especially compared to Super Mario Kart.

Super fond memories of that game, though.

Carmageddon plays like a Carmageddon game which is good if you liked Carmageddon before. Tech stuff sucks (loading times, performance) as well as the edgy jokez.

KingKong

For me it's not really entertaining to watch someone play Souls games unless they're playing for the first time or they're speedrunning/doing a gimmick run

Megasoum

Banned
I feel terrible that I was actually able to recognize the map from the first Carmageddon game during the quicklook... I didn't even play the first game that much but I could recognize landmarks and turns.

FStop7

Banned

How far we have come from the complaints of them poo-pooing Demon's Souls and not covering Dark Souls, etc. I mean, in the realm of 180 degree turns, Giant Bomb's collective embracing of Souls games has got to be near the top.

I don't have any interest in Bloodborne anymore but the appeal to a video like this is seeing brad (and commentators) attacking a single challenge. with the possible exception of DoTA or MAYBE Destiny, I don't care what game it is.

I kinda hope Mario Party Party 5 will still happen before E3.

Same here. 5 is easily the best of the Gamecube entries (best overall, IMO) - mainly since it's so dense with nonsensical items to screw people over with. Hope they all read the strategy guide beforehand.

Zaph

omfg

After all that fiddling around, some random youtube commenter points out the watchonperiscope.com site which has already done all the reverse engineering and allows you to direct download the reply via Downloadhelper.

Let it be known that Youtube comments aren't complete shite.

edit: Nvm, turns out some replays just don't work on the site. Youtube comments are still complete shite.

are there any big differences between 4 & 5?

Let's Check the Mario Wiki™

The game is also significant for being the second in the series to introduce 3D game boards.

Mario Party 5 has a few new features. First off, in Story Mode, all the Koopa Kids move at the same time, quickening game play. The point of single player mode is to deplete all of the Koopa Kids' coins by beating them in mini-games.

The items in Mario Party 5 are called capsules. They are procured by passing by Capsule Dispensers. For players to utilize a capsule, it may be thrown at a space on the board. The space can be up to ten spaces in front of the space the player currently is standing on. Another way for players to use their capsules is by directly using them on themselves. If players chose to do so, they must pay a fee. The fee depends on the capsule the player wants to use. Below is a list of all twenty-eight capsules found in Mario Party 5, and a description describing their effects.

Mario Party 5 received mostly mixed to positive reviews from critics. Game Informer's Andrew Reiner cited the example of coin redistribution in the game, which meant that "you could win every mini-game and collect the most coins and still end up in last place", when giving a second option of the game. GameSpot's Ryan Davis processed to note "If you brought Mario Party 4 last year, Mario Party 5 is hard to recommend.", noting a lack of change to the series formula. The game's graphics received a mediocre response, with GameSpot commenting that the presentation is "starting to seem a bit antiquated" when noting that the character models did not seem to been updated from Mario Party 4. Generally, critics cited having a fun experience in Mario Party 5, although the minigames received a more enthusiastic reaction than the actual board game, with GameSpy commenting that "the sheer volume can keep you compelled. If only you didn't have to deal with all that BS in-between" when referring to gameplay of the actual board game.

Mario Party 5 is the 14th best selling game for the Nintendo GameCube, selling approximately 1.51 million units, 807,331 copies in the US, and 697,472 copies in Japan, as of December 31, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom