• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

the sheer volume can keep you compelled. If only you didn't have to deal with all that BS in-between

I'd say this sums up MPP pretty decently

popo

I mean they work for a videogame site owned by CBS, I assume they'd be able to get a videocard...

You'd think so but I remember a fan sending a whole PC to them before and they ended up giving it to Patrick because he didn't have one.

I remember during the Whiskey days, Will would have like $3000 in video cards just collecting dust because manufacturers sent them. I'm sure there's a similar stash somewhere in the CSBI offices.

“Actually, It's About Ethics In Games Journalism”

Seriously though. Their job is to play video games. Some of that playing is done at home. Sometimes even streamed. In any other industry the business would pay for each employee to take home a PC, regularly upgraded and all the consoles.

It is not a regular business though. It is Video Games Journalism where Gamergaters - and the same pricks long before they gave themselves a name - will take the tiniest provocation to declare someone as corrupt or bought.

This is why all the guys make a big deal about buying their own consoles etc. They cannot take any chances with these lunatics. I found it hilarious that the Cnet guy on the Beastcast was bragging about how he was using a G-Sync and two 980s at home - "testing" them - and he can, because even though the job of VG press and Tech press is very similar - they are not judged by the same standards.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I agree, beards are lame

a smooth close shave is super not lame

you do the math

also shave your legs

Megasoum

Banned
I wish I could grow a beard... I'm 32 years old and the best I can do is still only the teenager creepy mustache.

Actually, I had to show my ID to buy lighter fluid at the grocery store the other day.... Fuck that lol.

ddo0Yhd.gif

“Actually, It's About Ethics In Games Journalism”

Seriously though. Their job is to play video games. Some of that playing is done at home. Sometimes even streamed. In any other industry the business would pay for each employee to take home a PC, regularly upgraded and all the consoles.

It is not a regular business though. It is Video Games Journalism where Gamergaters - and the same pricks long before they gave themselves a name - will take the tiniest provocation to declare someone as corrupt or bought.

This is why all the guys make a big deal about buying their own consoles etc. They cannot take any chances with these lunatics. I found it hilarious that the Cnet guy on the Beastcast was bragging about how he was using a G-Sync and two 980s at home - "testing" them - and he can, because even though the job of VG press and Tech press is very similar - they are not judged by the same standards.

Brother, literally none of us were talking about it in the way you've interpreted. We were saying he might be able to get a better card around the office, that's it. Settle the kettle.

man, Hatred looks like a decent game graphically

regardless of the whole attitude of the game, it looks better put together than it has any right to be (then again, I could just be a sucker for the black and white and red look it goes for; a la Killing Floor 2's slow motion moments)

shame the game's premise is pretty much hollow and solely for attention, making it dull as shit gameplay-wise

I know I'm late to the game on this one, but I just got to the point in this week's bombcast where they start talking about Destiny......

Ugh, Why do people keep playing that piece of garbage game? Even now, they have nothing good to say about it. Even their tones and sighs just are filled with hatred for that bad game. It's just a bad game that they wanted to like, but the sad reality is that it's just a BAD game. No content, recycled areas and enemies.... JUST STOP TALKING ABOUT DESTINY! They have devoted SO MUCH TIME to it and they just make excuses for it, that's all the conversation has been since it came out. I wish people would just admit that it was a bad game and move on with their lives instead of keep bringing it up with the only "plus" of that game being "the shooting feels good"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That Destiny talk went on way too long. 15 minutes of it were just about how they should structure it. Like it's a f2p game people don't spend money on or something. Ugh.

Nero18

I know I'm late to the game on this one, but I just got to the point in this week's bombcast where they start talking about Destiny......

Ugh, Why do people keep playing that piece of garbage game? Even now, they have nothing good to say about it. Even their tones and sighs just are filled with hatred for that bad game. It's just a bad game that they wanted to like, but the sad reality is that it's just a BAD game. No content, recycled areas and enemies.... JUST STOP TALKING ABOUT DESTINY! They have devoted SO MUCH TIME to it and they just make excuses for it, that's all the conversation has been since it came out. I wish people would just admit that it was a bad game and move on with their lives instead of keep bringing it up with the only "plus" of that game being "the shooting feels good"

Seems like they still believe in its potential. But also, Destiny has sorta became what video game screenshots used to be on game sites. Slow day? Post some news about Destiny and watch it do numbers. Hence why the game seems so overexposed in media for the amount of content it actually has had. Other sites even seem to have dedicated people still tasked with covering the game.

Watch with captions [80's Technopop Action Music]

Its cool just to watch the VFX.

Finished it, it was alright.
Triceracop is a cool name.
Anime

This episode of Breaking Bloodborne is going to me amazing.

No way Brad will be able to beat that dog in this stream if he hasnt been playing regularly.

Have they mentioned anywhere whether they've just knocked the Old Games show on the head already?

I recently rewatched the entirety of the Doom 2 Breaking Brad to fill the content hole (I really have no love for watching Souls games playthroughs)

Anjin M

Have they mentioned anywhere whether they've just knocked the Old Games show on the head already?

I recently rewatched the entirety of the Doom 2 Breaking Brad to fill the content hole (I really have no love for watching Souls games playthroughs)

Jeff's Tumblr said:
daddycabinet asked: Are you guys going to do any of the old games show before E3?

We’ll hopefully get one more in before E3. I’m also trying to start a new thing that we’re hopefully going to shoot this week.

link

Zaph

On the Fire stream Jeff and Drew mentioned the "new" thing they're getting ready. I don't think they've ditched the Old Games show, but instead want to have several different shows they can rotate between depending on their mood. Jeff's never liked fixed content schedules.

^ I didn't really mean it buddy. but I don't approve of bashing on glorious facial hair

Way too try hard

yeah. I feel like the bombcast talked about something similar recently. maybe it was Alex.

you can't make intentionally bad/good art and expect it to work.

it will always be missing the kind of magic that is born of naivety and unfounded self-confidence

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah. I feel like the bombcast talked about something similar recently. maybe it was Alex.

it will always be missing the kind of magic that is born of naivety and unfounded self-confidence

see sharknado. sharknado made me feel bad about enjoying bad movies from time to time. like i was responsible for this.

Suplexer

On the Fire stream Jeff and Drew mentioned the "new" thing they're getting ready. I don't think they've ditched the Old Games show, but instead want to have several different shows they can rotate between depending on their mood. Jeff's never liked fixed content schedules.

Fire stream?

see sharknado. sharknado made me feel bad about enjoying bad movies from time to time. like i was responsible for this.

you should feel good about being able to tell the difference. the people who can't make the differentiation between a Sharknado and The Room are what's slowly killing us.

artists with just enough self-awareness to feel clever yet not enough to know why what they're doing sucks are the worst.

there's good self-aware satire out there. but boy is it a small percentage.

Zaph

^ I didn't really mean it buddy. but I don't approve of bashing on glorious facial hair

Yup.

Then again, there seems to a growing interest around pandering to 'internet culture'. So maybe I'm just out of touch and being the guy who would shit on the things I liked as a kid?
Someone really should have arrested him, it's unhygienic.

Fire stream?

alr1ght has your back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you should feel good about being able to tell the difference. the people who can't make the differentiation between a Sharknado and The Room are what's slowly killing us.

artists with just enough self-awareness to feel clever yet not enough to know why what they're doing sucks are the worst.

there's good self-aware satire out there. but boy is it a small percentage.

Miami Connection is the best example, I think. Just because when that came out, I looked over it for days trying after watching it. Thinking, 'There's no way this was really made in the 80s. There's no way this wasn't made a year or so ago as a satirical b movie.' But the more I watched it, the more I was like, 'Oh no, this is real.' and made it a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom