• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't resort to dishonest hyperbole. Danny has been very critical of gamergate on Twitter.

There's talking the talk and then acting like one of the biggest ringleaders of that shitshow that has driven numerous people from the industry and done all sorts of damage somehow still deserves to be treated with any sort of legitimacy or respect. There needs to be consequences for supporting that bullshit in any form, and being cut out of these circles should be mandatory. There's nothing dishonest about that.

This is like a found footage film except absolutely nothing happens.

So you mean kinda like the Blair Witch Project?

What a load of crap.

Hardly. People have had to quit writing about games due to unyielding waves of harassment and threats, university backed archival projects have been cut off because of GamerGate's attention, and that's not even the tip of the mountain.

valeo

There's talking the talk and then acting like one of the biggest ringleaders of that shitshow that has driven numerous people from the industry and done all sorts of damage somehow still deserves to be treated with any sort of legitimacy or respect. There needs to be consequences for supporting that bullshit in any form, and being cut out of these circles should be mandatory.

What is he supposed to do exactly?

Danny is playing a game and giving his honest opinion on it which is his job. He clearly doesn't have much issue with violence in games.

Disagree with him if need be, but don't be mad at him giving his opinion.

daydream

Banned
Jeff's periscope really illustrates how far away they're sitting from the TV. Obviously not a problem if they're playing on PC (not a problem for the guy playing, that is) but man, that distance would kill me, I think.

i wonder if he'll use it for the E3 drive.

would be very interesting

I still need to listen to last year's drive, lol. It's in my podcast backlog folder.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Okay, I take it back. Brad aint beating this thing today. He figured out the boss 5 minutes in and gave it up because he's too impatient.

Zaph

Jeff's periscope really illustrates how far away they're sitting from the TV. Obviously not a problem if they're playing on PC (not a problem for the guy playing, that is) but man, that distance would kill me, I think.

It really ain't an ideal setup, must be super frustrating.

I need my screen distance to be measured in inches, not feet.

popo

Man, I know a lot of the games media is going to try and look at Hatred solely as a game, but I feel like you can't really do coverage of the game justice without talking about the context around it. Danny says he's not sure what all the fuss is about. For real, Danny? You don't see what the fuss is about in regards to an edgy murder spree game developed by Neo Nazi's? No idea what could possibly rub folks the wrong way?

The nazi stuff, if proven - there seems some doubts about the authenticity of that story - would stop me ever giving money to the dev.

The game though - looks no better or worse a setup than Hotline Miami. Just one looks more realistic.

Was going to spend a weekend with the Witcher but now I am totally afraid to.

Thanks Bread.

Breads never getting a platinum trophy in anything is he?

I think he almost has this boss right down. If he takes it slow and keeps his cool Its just a matter of being lucky now and not getting hit by a 1 hit kill.

Curufinwe

There's talking the talk and then acting like one of the biggest ringleaders of that shitshow that has driven numerous people from the industry and done all sorts of damage somehow still deserves to be treated with any sort of legitimacy or respect. There needs to be consequences for supporting that bullshit in any form, and being cut out of these circles should be mandatory. There's nothing dishonest about that.

So you mean kinda like the Blair Witch Project?

Hardly. People have had to quit writing about games due to unyielding waves of harassment and threats, university backed archival projects have been cut off because of GamerGate's attention, and that's not even the tip of the mountain.

Oh, you're one of those people.

Oh, you're one of those people.

Watching friends have to step away from a medium they love and care about because of a horrendous gaggle of shitlords obsessed about "ethics" emboldened by a dirtbag Youtuber and being angry about it = "those people." Which is, you know, way worse than...

epb9I2W.png

I love that every time I've checked in to see where they are I just hear Bread going "oh come ooooon." He's gonna have to farm those 600 blood vials back.

Take the gamergate shit to the gamergate thread please.

Curufinwe

Watching friends have to step away from a medium they love and care about because of a horrendous gaggle of shitlords obsessed about "ethics" emboldened by a dirtbag Youtuber and being angry about it = "those people." Which is, you know, way worse than...

epb9I2W.png

Blaming that shit on people like Danny is extremist garbage that has no place in this thread. Fuck off with that nonsense.

Blaming that shit on people like Danny is extremist garbage that has no place in this thread.

There's blame and then there's complacency, which is the problem. And that is hardly extremism. Half the reason it's lasted as long as it has is because of prominent gaming personalities who are willing to give it a pass.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Did I hear brad say he didn't know there were pokemon cards?

I really hope Jeff or Danny (or whoever is in the car with them) Periscopes some or all of the E3 Drive. Mixlr is the past. Periscope is the future.

popo

Damn. I wondered why that GS Hatred video was all stuttery on my connection. Bitrate options are, in kbps

Low 1000
High 3200
HD 4000

I think GB has a better option of 1800 for the middle tier. Acceptable visuals and doesn't kill my bandwidth.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"I'm going to be super impatient and waste 2 hours instead of being patient and beating the boss in 10 minutes."

0087_jbrve.gif

I still need to listen to last year's drive, lol. It's in my podcast backlog folder.

it was good even though Danny was usually low due to being in the back and apparently covered in equipment.

Oh man that drive was so good. You should listen to that asap, there's a bunch of good stories from when they were at Gamespot.

Also some inside baseball about the band Jeff and Alex were in.

And Kasavin stuff overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom