• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I have to say one thing regarding the earlier stuff: I hope you know Danny has been a target himself, because he was one of the early big supporters of Depression Quest and he made this fantastic video called "Video Games vs. Depression"

That's it, I got it out of me, thank you.

edit: Well crap, new page.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I just worked out how much Giant Bomb content I've consumed this week, this is the sort of information that my bosses can never know.

danm999

easily.

I mean, the P4 Endurance Run was 100 by itself.

Umm, excuse me I believe it was 99 hours, 59 minutes. Get your facts straight.

:p

Though I'm guessing with the episode where they lost all their progress from Hama you're right, the ER by itself is 100+.

Curufinwe

Umm, excuse me I believe it was 99 hours, 59 minutes. Get your facts straight.

:p

Though I'm guessing with the episode where they lost all their progress from Hama you're right, the ER by itself is 100+.

99:59 was the their final save time. The total run time of the ER videos must be well in excess of that.

Jintor

gb can be a mite depressing because I'm like "Man I could totally watch one of these 50 classic movies I've never seen even though their effects reverberate through popular media today and I should probably watch this"

but then GB posts a mailbag that's like one and a half hours long and I'm like "OOOH MAILBAG"

but I guess I usually have them on a second screen while I'm doing something else, so the numbers are probably a mite skewed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
gb can be a mite depressing because I'm like "Man I could totally watch one of these 50 classic movies I've never seen even though their effects reverberate through popular media today and I should probably watch this"

but then GB posts a mailbag that's like one and a half hours long and I'm like "OOOH MAILBAG"

but I guess I usually have them on a second screen while I'm doing something else, so the numbers are probably a mite skewed.

And then you watch it three times and feel even worse

Pretty sure they recorded those ERs on a daily basis. So those days they were stuck in a dungeon, they just suspended the ps2 till they could get back to it.

Kudos to the Giant Bomb Unarchived guy for starting to get the periscope stuff on Youtube. Maybe Danny's stuff can get added as well? Oh and please turn off the comments on the video's. It is one of the worst things about Periscope.

Dany

Banned
Pretty sure they recorded those ERs on a daily basis. So those days they were stuck in a dungeon, they just suspended the ps2 till they could get back to it.

What no. That would logistically make no sense. I think they recorded a block of them all in one day and spread them out. It's easier to pause a recording, transcode an episode and upload it while recording a new one. At least I think.

I've watched like 10+ hours of AKB48 variety shows this week alone so I'm pretty sure I've got you people who are feeling sorry about themselves beat

What no. That would logistically make no sense. I think they recorded a block of them all in one day and spread them out. It's easier to pause a recording, transcode an episode and upload it while recording a new one. At least I think.

It's even easier to pause the game and just come back the next day!

They definitely recorded several at once, but usually not more than two or three so they could respond to comments.

You can tell an episode was recorded immediately after the last one when they didn't hit a save point at the end of the last and they don't spend the first couple minutes trying to remember what they were doing.

danm999

Guys clearly they didn't turn it off or leave, but they sat there and waited patiently the 23 hours until Drew was ready to begin recording them again.

Yeah but that didn't matter because Jeff was also playing at home and taping backup episodes, which then he and vinny would watch and comment over the video together the next work day in case the ps2 lost power overnight

It's the reason that some episodes are less than twenty minutes long, back then personal hard drives were much smaller thanks to Taiwanese flooding and he could only record so much at home. Just look it up, it's all been documented on his old formspring.

Yeah but that didn't matter because Jeff was also playing at home and taping backup episodes, which then he and vinny would watch and comment over the video together the next work day in case the ps2 lost power overnight

It's the reason that some episodes are less than twenty minutes long, back then personal hard drives were much smaller thanks to Taiwanese flooding and he could only record so much at home. Just look it up, it's all been documented on his old formspring.

That's a lie! That's a bold faced lie! Jeff didn't own a PS2 in his home at the time. Nor did he own a copy of Persona. He mentioned borrowing the copy and starting his own playthrough, but he gave it back.

That has also been well documented in the play itself. Jeff even says as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom