• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh geez, I finally broke down and watched the Witcher 3 QL and it had the exact effect I feared. How the shit am I supposed to be able to finish Witcher 2 after seeing what a better game 3 is? The production value is just so much higher in every aspect.

danm999

Ahh geez, I finally broke down and watched the Witcher 3 QL and it had the exact effect I feared. How the shit am I supposed to be able to finish Witcher 2 after seeing what a better game 3 is? The production value is just so much higher in every aspect.

Let me say that finishing the Witcher 2 with my own decisions and my own world state has been totally worth it because that shit comes back to you in Witcher 3 in some very interesting ways.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It actually is. He has an extremely predictable pattern.

Honestly, that fight's a lot like Mike Tyson in Punch-Out.

Predictable doesn't mean easy when one mistake can kill you.
All the bosses in the Souls game have patterns you can learn, that doesn't mean they are easy.

Obviously. He's won Mario Party 3 times more than Brad

You are a liar and you know it.

santeesioux

Let me say that finishing the Witcher 2 with my own decisions and my own world state has been totally worth it because that shit comes back to you in Witcher 3 in some very interesting ways.

Call me a crappy gamer, but I kind of want to install some god mode mods to Witcher 1 and 2 to blaze through them and experience the story after I get done with Suikoden 2 to get to 3.

danm999

Shit.

What do I need to import my world state into Witcher 3? That data's all on my old computer/backups somewhere.

You just need your save game file from Witcher 2. Preferable spot methinks would be
after you've dealt with Letho in the Epilogue, whether you killed him or let him go.

You can simulate it too apparently but I don't know how well that works, or if it only takes into account the "big" decisions.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You just need your save game file from Witcher 2. Preferable spot methinks would be
after you've dealt with Letho in the Epilogue, whether you killed him or let him go.

You can simulate it too apparently but I don't know how well that works, or if it only takes into account the "big" decisions.

There is a dialogue during an early story quest, it's pretty simple. The choices, IIRC are
Did you kill Adrian La Valette?
Roche or Iorweth?
Did you help Triss or Anais?
Did you kill Síle de Tansarville or save her?
Did you kill Letho or spare him

I think that's it, too bad the fate of
Saskia
doesn't seem to play a role.

danm999

There is a dialogue during an early story quest, it's pretty simple. The choices, IIRC are
Did you kill Adrian La Valette?
Roche or Iorweth?
Did you help Triss or Anais?
Did you kill Síle de Tansarville or save her?
Did you kill Letho or spare him

I think that's it, too bad the fate of
Saskia
doesn't seem to play a role.

The Triss or Anais decision becomes Triss or Saskia if you go Iorveth's path.

It is one of the many reasons Iorveth's path is superior.

demidar

i have no idea who any of those characters are anymore. it's been too long between witching

Sounds like it doesn't matter than.

I imported a save, but I'm not sure if it's the one I want, whether it was end-game or not, and I don't remember any of the decisions I made.

Jintor

I'm just going to really hope my save files are intact on my backup when I go home tonight

/edit it's not that it doesn't matter. I don't remember them now. When I play the game, I'll probably end up remembering who they are and what I did.

It won't matter as much probably but it's still nice to be consistent, and not enough games let you do that anyway, so I like to enjoy the ones that do actually come out.

daydream

Banned
that sure was impressive when jeff and vinny beat p4 in one sitting

someone really should have thought to call up guinness, though

edit: technobabylon ql tomorrow!

RE: Some of the more interesting characters from Wticher 2 that dont show up in 3.

Maybe CDP are doing the Bioware thing where they are keeping some of that cool shit for the DLC. Like the Shadow Broker DLC and the entire back story and for the Reapers with Leviathan in ME3.

Hatred looks incredibly stupid and watching it made me pretty uncomfortable. Like Postal but grosser, I guess?

Artistic expression and all that, but it's nothing I'd ever be interested in and seems incredibly tasteless

edit: "only my weapon understands me"

it's like a dumb hot topic 16 year old metalhead who's really into the idea of population purging and guns made a game that's sorta technically impressive

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shit.

What do I need to import my world state into Witcher 3? That data's all on my old computer/backups somewhere.

It must be on the cloud because it pulled my saves and I'm on a new rig than I was when I played witcher 2

danm999

Letho is cool. He sounds like a big, dumb oaf but he's actually super smart and cunning.

Letho's great yeah. His line about how he looks like he'll be dumb so he just uses that to his advantage is great.

I also like the moment Geralt tries to kind of shame Letho for breaking the Witcher's code regarding political neutrality, and Letho kind of throws back in Geralt's face that he too was doing the same by acting as Foltest's bodyguard, and that if he hadn't been doing that he wouldn't have been fingered for Foltest's killing.

Great character. So glad to see him in Witcher 3, invited him back to Kaer Morhen so it's going to a totally rad winter there.

It actually is. He has an extremely predictable pattern.

Honestly, that fight's a lot like Mike Tyson in Punch-Out.
Have people really been claiming that the Watchdog is the hardest boss in the game like Brad has been saying? From what I can tell, it looks exactly the same as when I fought it at the end of the first chalice. (I was level 20 at the time, so the damage I dealt and received was similar to what Brad is experiencing here.) Its charge isn't bullshit like Ebrietas'.

Haunted

Sounds like it doesn't matter than.

I imported a save, but I'm not sure if it's the one I want, whether it was end-game or not, and I don't remember any of the decisions I made.
That's basically me. :lol

I can't remember most of the decisions I made. The funny thing is that W3 doesn't tell you what decisions you made if you import a save, so I would've been more up to speed on things if I hadn't imported and taken the quiz at the start instead.

jambo

So how many more hours until the Beastcast is out?

I'm in Australia so I have a feeling it will be overnight Fri -> Sat

SPCTRE

Well, first you need to read the novels.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Seriously can't wait for the Beastcast. They should hopefully do that ASAP.

It's a good time for podcasts.

On a good week, I've got
Monday: My Brother My Brother and Me, Danswers
Tuesday: Giant Bombcast
Wednesday: idk nothing here
Thursday: Adventure Zone
Friday: BeastCast, Comedy Button

Zoggy

lol at arguing over the p4 endurance run like religious scholars arguing about the word of jesus.

lol at me, for watching the archive of jeffs periscope, then dans stream and then drews stream. then one of you guys posted the video of the 3 streams cut in one video and then i watched that too :/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
lol at arguing over the p4 endurance run like religious scholars arguing about the word of jesus.

lol at me, for watching the archive of jeffs periscope, then dans stream and then drews stream. then one of you guys posted the video of the 3 streams cut in one video and then i watched that too :/

as a fire alarm stream periscope expert how would you rate each individual periscope experience and which would you recommend for the HOTTEST action

Zoggy

drew's camera holding technique was amazing, so steady, he also had a bunch of really good quick snaps as he was switching from person to person. also when they were walking back his phone was pointed sideways and even backwards getting good shots of jeff and dan, and in the simultaneous view i saw that he was looking forward. so he was looking forward and just casually getting good shots with his phone pointed behind him.

dan in the beginning was all cloverfield and couldn't hold it straight for his life. he was also just easily distracted and couldn't stay focused at all. At one point he was just looking at a random guy facing a wall. Also i swear at 2:35 in this vid (his stream is on the right) dan is just spinning in circles and thenpicks up a soda can off the floor and starts drinking it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ6ZS_28nLQ

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
drew's camera holding technique was amazing, so steady, he also had a bunch of really good quick snaps as he was switching from person to person. also when they were walking back his phone was pointed sideways and even backwards getting good shots of jeff and dan, and in the simultaneous view i saw that he was looking forward. so he was looking forward and just casually getting good shots with his phone pointed behind him.

dan in the beginning was all cloverfield and couldn't hold it straight for his life. he was also just easily distracted and couldn't stay focused at all. At one point he was just looking at a random guy facing a wall. Also i swear at 2:35 in this vid (his stream is on the right) dan is just spinning in circles and thenpicks up a soda can off the floor and starts drinking it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ6ZS_28nLQ

Ryckert pulling that 360 soda sip. I was half wishing a wasp had flown into the soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom