• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Game Informer's latest podcast has comments about it being too long.

It's like Bizarro Giant Bomb.

More like Long Look, amirite?

I liked it much better when you guys had the hour podcasts. The pacing was amazing and it just felt right. You guys are on some Giant Bomb stuff now. Those podcasts are just too long. Two and three hour podcasts are just extreme.

danm999

Game Informer's latest podcast has comments about it being too long.

It's like Bizarro Giant Bomb.

Those complaints with regard to Giant Bomb are all so strange since they're usually on the basis of "my morning commute is too short to hear all of it", like they're going to retune a flagship piece of content around individual people's schedules.

Jothel

Those complaints with regard to Giant Bomb are all so strange since they're usually on the basis of "my morning commute is too short to hear all of it", like they're going to retune a flagship piece of content around individual people's schedules.
I can sorta see where they're coming from - having a job suddenly eats up most of my GB time, even with a commute... Doesn't mean I want less content though!
Responsibilities are shit

Jothel

You don't have to listen to a podcast in one go you know..

I spread it out over a day or two of my commute and when walking the dog.
Oh yeah I know, just I commute with my wife and so it takes a while to listen to one. As I say, not complaining, I was pretty spoiled with how easily I could consume everything before

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think the beastcast will supersede the bombcast for me. I put it on for a second listen as background noise while playing the witcher, even though I'm half a dozen episodes behind on the bombcast. I just don't have that impetus to listen to the bombcast any more; it feels more skippable now, even though I do enjoy it when it do listen.

repeater

Goddamn, Beastcast went up and I've yet to listen to the latest episodes of Podquisition, the Videogamer UK podcast, and 8-4 Play. Something's got to give.. :(

Screw it, I'm quitting my job

Myggen

Goddamn, Beastcast went up and I've yet to listen to the latest episodes of Podquisition, the Videogamer UK podcast, and 8-4 Play. Something's got to give.. :(

Screw it, I'm quitting my job

8-4 is biweekly, so that gives you some room with that one!

repeater

You're making great life choices.
Eh, I'm going into games journalism anyway so I figure keeping up with the podcasts is time well spent. I recall Jeff saying somewhere that there'll be a huge demand for games writing in the coming years so I don't think I have too much to worry about.

What's the big reveal they're talking about in Stranger's Wrath? Never played it.
Spoiler tags please!

For the first half or so of the game, the premise is that Stranger is going into towns and tracking down outlaws to collect bounties for an operation that he needs. As you do this, you hear stuff about a really big bounty for finding a Steef, a centaur-ish creature that's almost extinct and generally hated by people. Eventually a gang of dudes captures you, tears off your clothes and you find out that you are that Steef everyone's hunting. Stranger binds his back legs to hide it and the operation is to get them removed. The coolest part is from that point on all your third-person movement is in full four-legged Steef mode, so your moveset totally changes.

For the first half or so of the game, the premise is that Stranger is going into towns and tracking down outlaws to collect bounties for an operation that he needs. As you do this, you hear stuff about a really big bounty for finding a Steef, a centaur-ish creature that's almost extinct and generally hated by people. Eventually a gang of dudes captures you, tears off your clothes and you find out that you are that Steef everyone's hunting. Stranger binds his back legs to hide it and the operation is to get them removed. The coolest part is from that point on all your third-person movement is in full four-legged Steef mode, so your moveset totally changes.

And on that kickass note, I think it's a good time to mention that Stranger's Wrath is like 3 dollars on the Google Play Store.

Myggen

CJLTLXvp.jpg

Hammer time?

Well, first you need to read the novels.

I actually almost bought The Last Wish on my Kindle the other day, and I still might.

I pushed forward in Witcher 2 last night. There was a certain relief I felt by just doing the main story quest and seeing all those side quests pop up as FAILED one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom