• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You think he's just going to be mentioned on the podcast and there would be no official announcement on the site?

Ya'll are fucking desperate for this new hire shit.

Fox318

Honestly the beastcast is so good it makes the Bombcast look lazy and bad in comparison.

I think getting out of the SF bubble and just having people excited to talk about games in any capacity brings new life to the show.

Like I feel that Jeff has become cynical it past the point of it being charming.

Really? You think he's just going to be mentioned on the podcast and there would be no official announcement on the site?

smug%20face(2).png

I don't remember anything with Jason and Dan besides them just showing up on the Bombcast, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

I don't remember anything with Jason and Dan besides them just showing up on the Bombcast, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

nah i remember

he was teasing it by posting in one of the GB OTs then i made a bet saying he wouldn't join because dans trolling and i had to wear a Arthur Gies avatar for a bit.

Patryn

I think that was how they were officially announced.

Of course both had pretty much leaked, with Jason's hire being explicitly leaked on a friend's podcast accidentally.

nah i remember

he was teasing it by posting in one of the GB OTs then i made a bet saying he wouldn't join because dans trolling and i had to wear a Arthur Gies avatar for a bit.

Well, I meant outside of Dan's teasing. Obviously Dan's own teasing is a little different than GB announcing anything other than them just on the podcast that first time. There was a little more buildup and by then it was mostly suspected anyways but there still was no real announcement by GB.

repeater

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Honestly the beastcast is so good it makes the Bombcast look lazy and bad in comparison.

I think getting out of the SF bubble and just having people excited to talk about games in any capacity brings new life to the show.

Like I feel that Jeff has become cynical it past the point of it being charming.

Alex has become one of the only duders (along with Vinny) who I actually like to listen to give a run down of what a game is about, or their take on it. He's always well prepared and conveys good information while managing to keep it entertaining.

Jeff wins at old game discussion.

Scizzy

Assuming it's true, he seems like an exciting hire. His Paste piece on NPCs in Watch Dogs and Mordor is a legitimately excellent analysis of both games and he'll certainly play a bunch of games that Alex and Vinny don't usually have time for.

Patryn

Assuming it's true, he seems like an exciting hire. His Paste piece on NPCs in Watch Dogs and Mordor is a legitimately excellent analysis of both games and he'll certainly play a bunch of games that Alex and Vinny don't usually have time for.

Actually, given that he's heavily indie-focused, I feel like Beast has already been trending in that direction.

If you think about it, about 90 percent of the games that they've been QLing are indie Steam games. The Witcher is the most recent notable exception, honestly.

This exchange also seems very similar to how they announced Vinny and Brad first joining and how they kind of announced Alex going to Harmonix in the early podcasts.

The podcast started and I thought it was weird they had a freelance guy on the show, then I listened to him and thought "this guy should've put in his resume for the job". WELL THEN.

Also, he should be referred to as Dr. Walker. I hope he put that in his employment letter.

image.php

Piston Hyundai are you okay?

Walker is Canadian, eh? Awesome.

no I died

very happy that we can finally put this new hire stuff behind us

oh and that the new hire isn't a straight white male or whatever

on the real though congrats to austin for getting what I can only assume is a really good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom