• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been this excited about the future of GB in a long time.

that period of time after dan and jason got hired was pretty fantastic

you had demo derby, which in turn gave birth to metal gear scanlon, mario party party, and the roller coaster video all within a pretty short span of time

dude hit the ground running when he was hired

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
That dude is a "PhD Candidate in Media Studies at the University of Western Ontario", so let's just shoot down that rumor right now.

Really? You think he's just going to be mentioned on the podcast and there would be no official announcement on the site?

Ya'll are fucking desperate for this new hire shit.

mD5SHaQ.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I know that technically it was announced on the podcast first but I find it really weird that the mods are the first one to talk about it officially on the site. They are all basically going around saying "Ah ah, we're so cool, we've known for days".

Come on... Let the staff announce it themselves.

I dunno, just comes out as a bit of a dick move from them.

Chuck

Still without luck
But he's probably straight and not a woman. Burn it to the ground etc.

Seriously though, he's too smart for GB.

I know that technically it was announced on the podcast first but I find it really weird that the mods are the first one to talk about it officially on the site. They are all basically going around saying "Ah ah, we're so cool, we've known for days".

Pretty sure they're doing it because it helps them do the moderating bit. I.e. not having to watch a million people create threads about him because they heard it on the podcast.

And the staff announced it themselves on Beastcast, which is all Dan & Jason got I think?

Patryn

I give GB credit.

Did ANYONE predict this hire?

Definitely eager to see what Austin brings to the table. I have this weird feeling that Alex and him is going to be a great team. I feel like Alex can often be pretty insightful into games when he wants, and I think Austin is going to bring out that side of him.

I notice Austin has a link to his Patreon pinned on his Twitter. Is it normal for employed people to be asking for donations, too? I realize the news is literally minutes old about his hire, of course.

Falifax

I notice Austin has a link to his Patreon pinned on his Twitter. Is it normal for employed people to be asking for donations, too? I realize the news is literally minutes old about his hire, of course.

He just released his final Patreon work, so I guess he's gonna shut his Patreon down prior to Monday.

So, now that I’ve got some steady employment, I’m shutting down my Patreon. But please, please, please, consider leaving the money in the ecosystem. Find someone else to support, because there are so many other incredible writers, thinkers, and creators who are just as talented and deserving as me, but who don’t have steady income. So take a peak at some of the folks I’m supporting, but don’t stop there. Phil Kollar made a pretty great list over on his blog a few months ago, and there are tons of great people on that list too. And if there’s someone else you think should be supported, please comment below with a link.

http://clockworkworlds.com/post/120184931909/five-four-three-reflections-on-grand-theft

MattyFTM

Neo Member

We debated this for a while beforehand. We wanted to make sure that the welcome thread was a proper welcome thread, with people actually talking about the news and Austin and welcoming him to the site. We didn't want the first few pages of the thread to be "Are you sure? I thought they were joking?".

It certainly wasn't our intention for it to come across as bragging that we've known about the news for a couple of days beforehand. Our aim was to make the thread a proper welcome thread for Austin rather than one full of confusion and questions.

Fireblend

Banned
Really liking this new hire. Can't wait to see what kind of content he'll come up with since he seems to be pretty academically-minded and that seems like something Vinny and Alex will be totally on board with. So excited about new GBEast content :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom