• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the tactical stuff you can get up to hiding in the paint is a hoot.

Lack of chat is a bummer, as is the content being spread out over a while, but the core game is so much fun.

Yeah the lobby was pretty choppy for me. The only dips in game I've noticed is when a lot of huge special moves are activated at the same time, which only really happened once.

Yeah the lobby was pretty choppy for me. The only dips in game I've noticed is when a lot of huge special moves are activated at the same time, which only really happened once.

Yeah it could probably have used some culling magic. Culling/spawning is one of those mystic arts that still confound programmers to this day.

daydream

Banned
splatoon is goty material

also, uh

new hire is austin? that's really cool, congrats to the guy. i'm relatively familiar with him and have enjoyed him guesting on runbutton (which probably only coldman will be familiar with)

kvk1

Anyone remember in which Bombcast Jeff was talking about slitting the throat of the guy who runs Nestle?

It was recent, I just can't pinpoint it.

Thanks in advance!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i1DATjT.png

Dan knew all along

daydream

Banned
Motion control? Do you agree with Alex?

can't watch the stream right now, my stance is: it took some getting used to which was hard to do in the testfire but was a very quick process when playing the full game, and i'm definitely not going back

the thing you have to get used to is to instinctively use gyro for vertical and right stick for horizontal movements. mastering that will give you an edge over stick players any day, the gyro is just too precise

people just scoff at it as instinct without trying it (crazy that people on the internet would do that, right?) but it works like a charm - and if you can't get used to it, at all (well, i'd recommend trying harder and tinkering with sensitivity first), you can always switch to a regular twin stick control scheme

can't watch the stream right now, my stance is: it took some getting used to which was hard to do in the testfire but was a very quick process when playing the full game, and i'm definitely not going back

the thing you have to get used to is to instinctively use gyro for vertical and right stick for horizontal movements. mastering that will give you an edge over stick players any day, the gyro is just too precise

people just scoff at it as instinct without trying it (crazy that people on the internet would do that, right?) but it works like a charm - and if you can't get used to it, at all (well, i'd recommend trying harder and tinkering with sensitivity first), you can always switch to a regular twin stick control scheme

He basically said the same thing. I just worry about motion control in general but on a console, it's probably the next best thing after a mouse if it's precise enough.

The sniper rifle-like gun seems pretty crappy. I guess it's more for use against enemy players?

Yes, you're not supposed to cover the ground. It's mainly designed to take out the rollers from what I've gathered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom