• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me very optimistic for the future generation of Nintendo's dev teams. Sure the younger generation have already been doing great stuff at EAD Tokyo etc, but Splatoon is the first Nintendo game in a while that shows they can evolve their own concepts in a way that fits in with some of the best parts of 'traditional' gameplay, without it just looking derivative.

Basically Nintendo is doomed :p

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It makes me very optimistic for the future generation of Nintendo's dev teams. Sure the younger generation have already been doing great stuff at EAD Tokyo etc, but Splatoon is the first Nintendo game in a while that shows they can evolve their own concepts in a way that fits in with some of the best parts of 'traditional' gameplay, without it just looking derivative.

Basically Nintendo is doomed :p
Nintendo has been doomed since 2002. When will it die?

Ketch

ahh yes, i haven't listened to the latest beastcast yet... now i'm excited. is he on the whole show? is bakala back?

popo

I think the community is going to be fine this time. I checked on Reddit and it was mostly all positive - here were a few posts about SJW and race, but they were getting heavily down voted. I felt so optimistic that I checked out what /v/ had to say. Nope. Second comment called him "a fate black Patrick". I only have myself to blame.

tumblr_np3zwiYmoS1qzkrnyo1_540.jpg

I want this to be real.

I do agree that the best combo to have right now seems to be PC/WiiU, because you get all that Nintendo goodness and most big titles are multiplatform with the PC.

Patryn

Based on the top right, I think that answers that question.

I'm curious how this day is going for him. When I began to follow him this morning, he was at ~4k Twitter followers. He's now above 7k.

Wait. Austin is the new hire? A PHD candidate!?!

He is cool!

I know!

I was interested in reading the essay Austin talked about on the Beastcast (titled "Bow, Nigger"), but the link seems to be broken. Anyone able to find it uploaded on another site or something?
http://phocks.tumblr.com/post/2976413342/bow-nigger

This blew my 13 year old mind. Austin's Race in Animal Crossing story really called this to mind and then of course just as I'm reading through that and listening to the beastcast he makes mention of it.

justjim89

New series idea: Gettin' Problematic with Dan and Austin, where every week Dan speaks and inevitably says something foolish, offensive, or narrow-minded and Austin explains to him why that's wrong.

Like Goofus and Gallant.

Brakke

Banned
Got halfway through the Beastcast on the drive this morning, just spent some time flipping through dude's Twitter. Really looks like an excellent hire. Seems like he'll fit right in with Giant Bomb while also bringing in some totally new things. Excited to follow along.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just read Austin's piece on Watch Dogs and Mordor where he recounts every one of the people he killed in Watch dogs and how it happened, because it was significant and didn't occur much in his playthrough.

So...uh...what's the next open world game on the horizon and how fast can we get Vinny and Austin in the room to record the Quick Look?

I thrive on chaos, I can't help it.

Got halfway through the Beastcast on the drive this morning, just spent some time flipping through dude's Twitter. Really looks like an excellent hire. Seems like he'll fit right in with Giant Bomb while also bringing in some totally new things. Excited to follow along.

The dude has legit links to go way deep into Second Life, sounds like a great hire already :D

I really hope to see some kind of Vinny/Austin Second Life production now. Do interviews or something inside the weirdest parts of Second Life or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom