• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

They made a hubba bubba drink?

Like the gum? That sounds aaaaaaawful.

No, it was amazing! Shit was like the holy grail of fizzy drinks growing up. If you found a corner shop with them, they would have like 1 or 2 left, max.

ELeQFES.jpg

justjim89

In principle you are correct, but the distinction is what sweetener is used. If it's aspartame, it will taste like crap. If it's sucralose, it has a chance of tasting good.

That's just your sugar addiction talking.

All I know is I've never tasted a diet soda that didn't have that shitty diet aftertaste.

Plus it seems like such a half-measure. "I don't wanna drink soda cause it's awful for you but I drink Diet Coke and it tastes just the same I swear no these aren't tears in my eyes!"

Like, if you wanna quit soda, quit soda. Lord knows you'll be healthier for it.

Myggen

All I know is I've never tasted a diet soda that didn't have that shitty diet aftertaste.

Plus it seems like such a half-measure. "I don't wanna drink soda cause it's awful for you but I drink Diet Coke and it tastes just the same I swear no these aren't tears in my eyes!"

I actually like Diet Coke over Coke, I don't like how Coke feels on my teeth and I don't have that problem with Diet Coke.

Yeah you probably haven't tried a sucralose based one because the whole idea is it avoids the shitty diet taste.

But yeah tap water's all I really need, with the occasional coffee and tea. I don't drink that much soda these days.

Loxley

Jeff looks like he's about ready to throw down the controller, hunt down everyone responsible for for Puzzle Fighter and murder them.

XP8Akx8.jpg

justjim89

Baja Blast is the best variety of Mountain Dew. Dan isn't a true Taco Bell lover if he hasn't had it. I nearly wept when I saw 12 packs of it being sold in my local grocery.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In principle you are correct, but the distinction is what sweetener is used. If it's aspartame, it will taste like crap. If it's sucralose, it has a chance of tasting good.
Is Coca Cola Life a thing in the US? It has a mixture of sugar and stevia and is really close to the original. (While still having quite some sugar in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom