• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the super special pre-copyright infringement version that only came out in Norway and then disconnect your 360 forever to not get the title update that 'fixed' it, Myggen?

Same boat Myggen. It came out when tower defense was just past its apex of popularity and people were burning out on the genre, and then Trenched was awesome. Love those artillery cannons.

Dan is missing the point of the name "mobile trench".

Is Coca Cola Life a thing in the US? It has a mixture of sugar and stevia and is really close to the original. (While still having quite some sugar in it)

Yup. I've seen it in Maryland. It was in a Target. Thus far, it's the only place I've seen it.

daydream

Banned
Trenched is fun but I kinda lost interest after awhile, dunno.

Unlike most GAFfers, I like quite a few Double Fine games (Stacking, Broken Age, Costume Quest), though. Somehow haven't played Psychonauts, yet.

I remember playing the demo of Trenched and really enjoying it but for some reason I never picked up the main game. I'll have to pick up the pc version now.

Psychonauts is the best DoubleFine game, followed closely by the Brutal Legend demo.

But the full version of Brutal Legend is better than the demo.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I loved what I played of Stacking, but I got to a point pretty quickly where I was very happy to stop playing Stacking and leave it as a great hour or so. I had no interest in finishing that game, as soon as it started to drag I dropped it.

I remember playing the demo of Trenched and really enjoying it but for some reason I never picked up the main game. I'll have to pick up the pc version now.

But the full version of Brutal Legend is better than the demo.

Couldn't disagree more. Game felt bloated with too many mechanics that were half-baked. I would have been much happier with just the one half-baked mechanic as a mediocre action game in the amazing world they set up. Plus, by the time I played the full game I'd already seen the best part in the demo, the menu was 90% of what you need out of that game.

And yeah, I have never regretted a preorder more so I'm going to be biased. People should almost certainly grab Brutal Legend at whatever price they are selling it for. It's a known quantity now, so the fact that they just kept lying leading up to release doesn't really impact your purchase. The weird action RTS stuff still makes it a poorer game, and things like the bus driving should have been dumped before release, but the world they made is so good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Psychonauts is the best DoubleFine game, followed closely by the Brutal Legend demo.

fucking nailed it

Brutal Legend was a... Brutal disappointment. Also I feel like they really tried to pull one over on folks, I was at the E3 where they first showed it and it was basically the demo. They didn't talk about the RTS stuff at all iirc.

Just the other night I was listening to an old Bombcast from around the release of Brutal Legend and they talked about how out of nowhere the RTS stuff was.

I loved it, personally.

Anjin M

LiK

watching Bradborne Part 2 and Jason was freaking over revealing Witcher 3 spoilers. I'm sorry, I was the one who complained about that to them. Thanks for caring, Jason.

fucking nailed it

Brutal Legend was a... Brutal disappointment. Also I feel like they really tried to pull one over on folks, I was at the E3 where they first showed it and it was basically the demo. They didn't talk about the RTS stuff at all iirc.
The ropeadope around Brutal Legend was crazy. It's like they were ashamed of the kind of game they had actually made. Or maybe it was some weird publisher demand that they downplay the RTS part as much as possible.

daydream

Banned
Alright, daydream! Costume Quest was my favorite of the bunch.

Right? It wasn't super deep but it was a good time, I thought.

The second one was a huge bummer to me based on reception alone. I'll still try it out sometime but the technical issues really soured me on it (mainly talking WiiU version here).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's always weird watching people scurrying after them in online games.

A few moments ago they were talking about Starhawk and Warhawk. For those that played and loved Warhawk (and own a PS4), you can play it on PS4 via PSNow.

Zaph

6m9LMVd.gif

popo

"I don't want to see this! I'm closing my eyes! What is even happening, this is a kids game!"

"Don't worry, they are robot legs ... there is nothing between there. It's just metal and death."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom