• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably won't, but who wants to live forever?
wannaliveforever-620x.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So Most people know what the Montreal screw job is then eh? lol

I have no clue

Montreal Screw Job is one of those fascinating wrestling stories that's not at all about wrestling and couldn't really happen anywhere other than wrestling. You can find any number of videos and articles and books explaining it, but here's a fun video of somebody describing the sequence of events who thinks everybody involved was being a jackass, which is probably the most accurate take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VfXWbsFAG8

You might leave this video understanding less than you did going in. That's wrestling though.

edit:

Here's a pod about the Screw Job. It's a legitimately interesting story: http://www.radiolab.org/story/montreal-screwjob/

Yes, listen to that one if you actually want to learn what it was.

Brakke

Banned
I'm still chuffed about this new hire. After how many bazillion times saying "you don't need a college degree", Jeff goes and hires a PhD candidate lolololol.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He spent time in Canada, of course he knows what the Montreal Screwjob is. They don't stop talking about it up there.

I'm still chuffed about this new hire. After how many bazillion times saying "you don't need a college degree", Jeff goes and hires a PhD candidate lolololol.

I doubt Jeff was saying that people shouln't be educated or finish school. This was the main reason why he didn't offered Brad a job when he was an intern in his Gamespot days.

Fox318

Montreal Screwjob was the thought of one man

Triple H

Bret probably would have dropped the belt in a house show afterwards.

BearPawB

Banned
Its an interesting story, but holy shit that podcast is tough to listen to. Like, just talk. All the editing, and the cuts back and forth between people talking is super distracting. It sounds like its supposed to be a TV show but without the video to keep track of who is talking and when.

its radiolab, one of the most respected podcasts out there on one of the, if not the most respected network

So behind on podcasts now.

Still have this weeks 2 GB podcasts to go through. Only finished last weeks Beastcast today.

Also The Witcher 3 is real gud you guys. Totally getting Medieval Red Dead Redemption vibes.

Seeing UPF....I'm just thrilled Austin joined to raise the level of discourse on giant bomb.

Whenever I hear someone talking about Giant Bomb's level of disclosure I hear Dan Ryckert going "WHAT?" and then talking about being a normal cool guy in my head.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
fucking nailed it

Brutal Legend was a... Brutal disappointment. Also I feel like they really tried to pull one over on folks, I was at the E3 where they first showed it and it was basically the demo. They didn't talk about the RTS stuff at all iirc.

I think I might be the only person who genuinely loved brutal legend.

Someone in the E3 thread made a fake splash screen and at least on person fell for it Twitter. It'll be funny to see if any of the "big" sites pick up the image.

Oh it's totally happening now, angled low quality offscreen picture confirms it.

KLGAfxE.jpg

Nah, I'm jk lol.

Just Tweet this imagine with the trend hashtag.

Come on guys. You use twitter right?
Make some chaos. People will make it viral, and the media will follow.

It's already there!

https://twitter.com/romthespider/status/604469778439413761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom