• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m6ipfx9ing1rof13go1_500.jpeg

Speaking of The Simpsons, I got my 3 year old niece to tell people / sing 'you dont win friends with salad'. I feel like I've accomplished something as an uncle.

Reading Austin's top 10 list this part about Fantasy Life has made me want to hear him and Dan on a podcast together.

Dan is intelligent in his own right but plays his personality to actually rise people off. While I not agree with Austin about 'working hard' being a lie, Dan sometimes can feel fake when he plays up his over optimistic persona to be borderline magical thinking as Brad sometimes mention. It would be a interesting meeting indeed, as Austin still feels that he is a fun guy.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Speaking of The Simpsons, I got my 3 year old niece to tell people / sing 'you dont win friends with salad'. I feel like I've accomplished something as an uncle.

Kids are fun.
I thought my 4 year old niece an old german drinking song (loosely translated to: Gimme beer, gimme beer or I'll fall down) and she sings it every time somebody mentions beer even a year later which continues to be hilarious to me. It also makes my sister continue to hit me every time she sings it.
I'm a great uncle.

Parody and homage can be awesome, but it can also be terrible if it's constantly winking at the camera going "Hey, isn't this silly?!".

Dan better watch out, he's getting pretty close to breaking character here

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kung Powe is easy to hate. It's lazy. Even for a dumb 'talking over movies with a silly dub' it's lazy. Like the jokes themselves are lazy.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but what GBEast have done here is hired perhaps the best dungeon master in the games writing field.

I really hope some kind of campaign gets going with Vinny, Alex, and Jeff B on the east coast.

Here's Friends at the Table to skim through - most of the linked episode is just a discussion on worldbuilding.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I really wish he didn't say "right?" so much. When I used to watch some stuff on twit, nearly everyone did this and it got really annoying. The hosts did it, the guests did it. It seemed like everyone caught the "right?" bug at some point.

daydream

Banned
I really wish he didn't say "right?" so much. When I used to watch some stuff on twit, nearly everyone did this and it got really annoying. The hosts did it, the guests did it. It seemed like everyone caught the "right?" bug at some point.

i love jason but he seems to have caught the "shit" bug at some point

"shit" is his "all that sort of stuff", nay, worse than that

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
i love jason but he seems to have caught the "shit" bug at some point

"shit" is his "all that sort of stuff", nay, worse than that

he makes up for it with the noises he makes when hanging cables or hitting something in a video game

*ppschoo*

GavinGT

Banned
Kind of weird that Jeff specifically said Austin would be doing the podcast and news articles, but didn't mention stuff like Quick Looks. Although I guess Jason was originally going to be a behind-the-scenes guy, and look how long that lasted.

Fantastapotamus

Guys, guys.
Let's not pretend Kung Pow is a good movie. It's a fun "let's get drunk and laugh at the silly thing" movie. One among hundreds.

You all should know not to listen to Dan when it comes to films by now. Asside from his obvious faulty views on the Terminator franchise, he said Wrongfully Accused was a good movie. And don't let that film degree fool you, he's admitted that there was a bunch of wheeling and dealing in the process to get that degree.

I feel like every single person I listen to speaking unscripted on a regular basis has some phrase, language, or vocal tic that they will repeat fairly frequently. Shit is just human nature.

Zaph

Kind of weird that Jeff specifically said Austin would be doing the podcast and news articles, but didn't mention stuff like Quick Looks. Although I guess Jason was originally going to be a behind-the-scenes guy, and look how long that lasted.
That was pretty much the publicly listed job description - writer, editor, freelancer manager, and comfortable on-camera. He'll no doubt appear on QL's/video content, but it definitely sounded ancillary.

But this is GB, they work with what they've got, so who knows.

Fantastapotamus

He is still a behind-the-scenes guy though. He has been on a few fighting game QLs cause fighting games are his thing but other than that?

Fantastapotamus

He's on UPF all the time, and also the Bombcast. He's even co-piloting Bradborne.

I don't remember him being on UPF but I don't really watch it that often anymore. And podcast sure, I mean Austin will probably be on the beastcast as well. But you were talking about Quick Looks, and Jason really isn't in a lot of them.

When people quote lines from Kung Pow, I find it funny but I don't find it funny when I see those lines said in the actual movie. It's such a weird thing that movie.

for some reason i've always found other people's explanations of LOTR lore to be far more entertaining than reading the actual books (i only finished the first one though)

like i remember reading someone's summary of something from The Silmarillion and it sounded cool as fuck, but when i read the actual story it was really boring

the LOTR lore threads on gaf are always interesting as hell, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom