• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin trying to police the use of "sucks" on Twitter is kinda lame.

Your post sucks.

Your reaction to that comment is probably a bit different than your reaction to me saying he wasn't policing anything, but explaining to Dan why people are reacting negatively to what Dan is saying. As much as we'd like everyone to be like Dan (and probably you and me), not caring when someone distills their dislike of something into one word, not everyone is like that. Austin never said Dan shouldn't say something sucks.

Austin hates Dan.

Haunted

Honestly, more nuanced and articulate critique is exactly what GB needs and hopefully hired this guy for.

I'm ready for GB discussion to be elevated from Dan's "it sucks" (why?) and Brad's "it's weird" (what is weird about it? what would be normal? is weird worse than normal?)

Then again, Austin's in GBeast, so interaction with the office that needs a bit of an intellectual and academic injection to become more interesting to listen to again will probably be limited.

Haunted

East coast will be for all the smart talk, West coast for all the nacho cheese antics.
I guess that's how it's going to be... but if they really embrace that, it'd make the Beastcast higher priority to listen to along with Idle Thumbs and ahead of the Bombcast. (For me, personally.)

Zoggy

dan ryckerts sister (off of dans yt channel)

UogL1JB.jpg

Yeah, same here. To me twitter is a place for jokes and quick snips, not the place to go into a discussion on why you don't like something and not a place where you should preface your opinion with "Well, in my opinion..." That and disaster related information is all I think twitter is good for.

Twitter is fucking useless as a platform other than for advertisements and quick statements that cannot be taken in any way, and anyone who's convinced you can have discussion on it is delusional unless they're using a Twitlonger (I think that's what it's called?) hyperlink. And even then a Twitter user will probably ignore the link and base a response on the first sentence.

The fact that Twitter took off still boggles my mind.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Really enjoying Jeff on the beastcast, do we know if he is actually "rotating" or was that Vinny trolling?
Also with Austin and Alex I have to wonder if the beastcast will be more "political" than the bombcast.

Really enjoying Jeff on the beastcast, do we know if he is actually "rotating" or was that Vinny trolling?
Also with Austin and Alex I have to wonder if the beastcast will be more "political" than the bombcast.

On the mic check Vinny said there would be a rotating chair that would probably end up being Jeff most of the time.

popo

Is that Austin or a promo pic for 2 Broke Girls?

Also, why are we singling Dan out? "This games sucks!" is basically NeoGaf in a sentence.

Sakwoff

I mean, the main thing here is that "xy sucks" is just not an interesting statement to make, isn't it? That's kind of a problem I've had with the Bombcast for a while, because the guys (not just Dan) fall back on this a whole lot. Compared to, say, Idle Thumbs or now the Beastcast (thankfully) who are really good at articulating/analyzing why a specific thing works or doesn't work. That's what makes a discussion interesting, and then you have a point that you can defend.

JP LeBreton recently posted something on the matter which I think I agree with a lot: https://twitter.com/vectorpoem/status/604377960112480256

That said, it's probably moot to discuss this (or anything) with regard to Dan's twitter antics, yeah. :)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Twitter is not really a plattform for interesting statements.
Whatever, I say XYZ sucks all the time, don't see why Dan should be chided for it

popo

I am not victim blaming but you partly bring it on yourself.

Dan on disabling anon tumblr questions

And anonymous jerks never actually get to me, I just thought it was a pain to wade through a bunch of dumb “HEY HAVE YUO EVER SUCKED A DICK LOL?” questions to find actually decent ones.

Myggen

Most people seem to disable anon Tumblr questions at some point. For good reason. If it's not the endless amounts of spam, it's the assholes or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom