• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Bring on the pomade.

2753621-y1.jpg

Most people seem to disable anon Tumblr questions at some point. For good reason. If it's not the endless amounts of spam, it's the assholes or something else.

Jeff gets endless anon questions about Persona 4

Brad gets endless anon questions asking him why he is so bad at games.

Patrick gets endless anon questions asking why he is such a SJW with a jewfro.

Dan gets endless anon questions asking “HEY HAVE YUO EVER SUCKED A DICK LOL?”

Sounds about right.

Zacagawea

Just watched the Quick Look for Wet. Remember Wet, y'all? It made me miss B-tier games. Also, that lady has a ~ridiculous~ butt and she can straight up slide on her knees for like 10 seconds straight. There is a point in the QL where she slides down a ladder with her legs wrapped around it while bending backwards and shooting. Needlessly to say, that looked fucking rad. Wall running in slowmo looked dope, too. The only bad things I saw were how many bullets the bad guys took before going down and also how shitty it looks.

GavinGT

Banned
Just watched the Quick Look for Wet. Remember Wet, y'all? It made me miss B-tier games. Also, that lady has a ~ridiculous~ butt and she can straight up slide on her knees for like 10 seconds straight. There is a point in the QL where she slides down a ladder with her legs wrapped around it while bending backwards and shooting. Needlessly to say, that looked fucking rad. Wall running in slowmo looked dope, too. The only bad things I saw were how many bullets the bad guys took before going down and also how shitty it looks.

I can do that no problem

Scizzy

Incidentally, I do not envy Austin working full time and having to complete his dissertation. Assuming media studies expects a typical humanities-length dissertation, he's looking at and additional 125-250 pages of writing plus significant revisions to the 90 he's already got. Unless he has an unhealthy work ethic, expect this to take a long time and also to eat up a lot of his weekends, leading to complaints that "Austin doesn't ever seem to play any games."

Zaph

Yup, Wet was good fun, Eliza Dushku did a good job on it too. I really liked those B-tier short action romps - little padding, no in-your-face collectathon and no ham-fisted branching paths. Damn shame they're all but extinct. Bulletstorm was like the pinnacle of them if you include FPS's (but I'm not really sure that was intended B-tier, they went hard on marketing it as a AAA game which kinda set it up to fail).

But yeah, I think the last proper one I played was Warhammer Space Marine, and now I just wait for COD to come down in price to get a similar experience. Actually, pricing is probably want ruined those games. People didn't want to spend $60 for a 6hr game, and launching at anything less implied your game wasn't a serious effort and worthy of precious front-and-center shelf space.

Incidentally, I do not envy Austin working full time and having to complete his dissertation. Assuming media studies expects a typical humanities-length dissertation, he's looking at and additional 125-250 pages of writing plus significant revisions to the 90 he's already got. Unless he has an unhealthy work ethic, expect this to take a long time and also to eat up a lot of his weekends, leading to complaints that "Austin doesn't ever seem to play any games."

Sure, but, that Canadian conversion rate means 100-200 US.

Zaph

I have Space Marine on pc, but I've never played it. So it's ok?

Some pacing problems (which is cancer in a game like that), but worth playing for the sheer carnage alone.

Oh, and during the tizzy of the Austin news, I didn't realise we had a Dunking in the Bombcast thread:
It doesn't fucking matter what I thought about it. The word under the 10 at that time was "perfect." Go back and dig up pre-2007 versions of that site's "about our review system" page if you care about what the wordy justification for perfection was.

That whole review system was a perfect example of something that was well-written and absolutely understandable if you worked there, but anyone who didn't live and breathe it daily could easily come away confused. I feel like re-writing the review system ended up being one of the more important things I did there, even if it did sort of directly lead to the site giving lower Metacritic scores, which in turn indirectly led to them booting me outta there.

Sakwoff

I have Space Marine on pc, but I've never played it. So it's ok?

It's pretty fun.

Not a masterpiece, but there is a real oomph to everything that feels appropriate to how hilariously... oomphy the WH40K universe is.

Also it's a 3rd person shooter without pop-cover and chest-high walls. So that's cool too.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Somebody recommend me another funny QL, I need something to ease my mind.
That feeling when almost a third of your state votes for a racist, hate-filled party full of neo-nazis ...
-,___-

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's what I'm saying though.

I've been in situations where family members are throwing and flipping stuff around.

Not fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The combat is really fun albeit simple in Space Marine. Stringing pistol shots into chainsaw sword melees is exciting and the way you barrel into enemies like a massive fucking tank is top notch.

The second half isn't as good as the first half.

I've always thought that the table flipping meme is a weird way to soften domestic violence.

the very first time Nintendo mentioned the whole "Miyamoto flipping teh table!!!!1" thing, there was actually a little bit at the bottom of the slide that was like "Note: In actual present day Japan flipping a table at dinner would be a family ruining event"

Zaph

Side note, if anyone's looking for a perfect lazy Sunday game, Sherlock Crimes & Punishment is on Steam sale for £7.49. The game is genuinely great. Gorgeous to look at and lots of variety with cases and environments.

Passing up that price would be a crime not even Sherlock himself could solve.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, nintendo gets it.

I am generally ok with your usual anime slapstick violence, but table-flipping always seemed like a weird one to me. I dunno man.

jaina

Side note, if anyone's looking for a perfect lazy Sunday game, Sherlock Crimes & Punishment is on Steam sale for £7.49. The game is genuinely great. Gorgeous to look at and lots of variety with cases and environments.

Passing up that price would be a crime not even Sherlock himself could solve.

Yes, since the QL I'm really interested in the game. But I'll wait for the next sale, no time right now anyway. (Also I just remembered I already own it from PS+)

Wunder

Space Marine was fucking fantastic. I do not recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty though, that is just torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom