• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So you are telling me that this guy is working on his PhD and has deep knowledge of video games, anime and wrestling? I'm not convinced he's real yet. Sounded a lot like Jeff Bakalar on the podcast anyway, maybe he just did another voice.

It just turns into that usual pissing match between which giantbomb member is better which usually leads to really weird insults and insinuations, like what we've seen whenever we get a new guy. People are free to say it, but I guess I'm trying to nip that stuff in the bud before it goes too far. Like it usually does.
Oh...bud...

I am already looking forward to the Vinny QL for Yandere Simulator.

Or Creeper Jeff... Hmmmm.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE! WE USE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE BOTH!

Things where so much better before, you guys.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I am already looking forward to the Vinny QL for Yandere Simulator.

Or Creeper Jeff... Hmmmm.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE! WE USE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE BOTH!

Things where so much better before you guys.
We can still have both! Vinny does the QL and Jeff does a weird home stream like he did for Funky Barn.

Jintor

oh god imagine if that open world gta photocam pervert game gets localised

oh baby

that will be a creeper jeff to remember

Zaph

How big is GB compared to other gaming sites?

Big hitters like IGN/Gamespot/Kotaku with years and years of Google climbing? Small.

I'm pretty sure GB is like top of the middle-tier sites, with the Bombcast being ridiculously huge.

But the premium membership kinda makes it difficult to compare, because they've managed to crack a nut everyone else fails at.

GavinGT

Banned

Scarecrow

Big hitters like IGN/Gamespot/Kotaku with years and years of Google climbing? Small.

I'm pretty sure GB is like top of the middle-tier sites, with the Bombcast being ridiculously huge.

But the premium membership kinda makes it difficult to compare, because they've managed to crack a nut everyone else fails at.

Ah, so they're the Eve Online of gaming sites.

popo

I am not sure why media corps continue to fund big vg sites. IGN has been on top for 10 years - in which time it never once made a profit. Newscorp tried and failed to spin it off, eventually selling it at a substantial loss. Gamespot will pay for two stages at E3 and yet be dwarfed in terms in viewers by the latest LoL twitch stream or minecraft video on youtube.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gamefaqs is pretty good for FAQs, yeah.

Also whenever I google for a solution the gamefaqs forum is usually the first one to appear.

Zaph

And it's one of the few places where you won't be directed to a 5 minute youtube video when you just want to know the location of an item.

And it's one of the few places where you won't be directed to a 5 minute youtube video when you just want to know the location of an item.

ugh and it's always some guy who has the worst morning DJ voice possible, usually with some kind of speech impediment who spends 4 minutes winding up to the point

If you tell me to like, comment, and subscribe before you have provided the service your video claims to provide then I am finding another video.

Myggen

I think Jeff said it gets about 100,000 downloads per week.

Nah, way more IIRC.

google search shows this, no idea how accurate

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/video-game-websites

Those are probably not accurate at all since there's not really a good way to track site traffic and trends without access to internal data. I think Alexa still gets most of their data from people who have downloaded their toolbar, which is just an awful way to collect accurate data. Alexa is also notoriously easy to manipulate.

ugh and it's always some guy who has the worst morning DJ voice possible, usually with some kind of speech impediment who spends 4 minutes winding up to the point

You're forgetting the sick dubstep.

Don't forget that KICK ASS 30 sec long After Effect intro.

And you're missing out on that hot camera-recorded screen action.

You're describing most of the gaming content on youtube and it's making me real sad.

Kessler mentions that fact on his LinkedIn page.

Account Relations Representative
Sony Computer Entertainment America
October 2013 – Present (1 year 9 months)San Mateo, CA
Contractor

Giant Bomb
August 2011 – December 2011 (5 months)San Francisco Bay Area
Managed company YouTube Channel “TheRealGiantBomb”
- Oversaw site’s video migration to YouTube
- Generated over one million hits in October through contractor-created content.
- Doubled to two million monthly hits after video transition
- Created most-viewed video on channel (810,000 views)
- Co-Produced “Fear Gauntlet”, daily comedic video game show (250,000 views total)

Kessler >> brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom