• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
huh, didn't even think about this

It's not though. It's confirmed as a PC exclusive.
From IGN's article
And, later this week we’ll go in-depth with Solomon and DeAngelis on the reasons behind the bold move to take XCOM from a multiplatform series to a PC exclusive, and how XCOM 2 will be tailored to take advantage of that single platform’s strengths – followed by Firaxis’ exciting plans to support modders and their work.

Edit: I hate you.

faridmon

Question: Are the game of the year deliberations worth listening to even if you know the winners and and the jest of discussion through osmosis here and there? I am sort travelling from UK to Holland on a Coach and would love a meaty listen.

I fully expect it to at least have iOS and Android versions after the fact, but I applaud the focus and faith the publisher has in PC as a platform. It allows Firaxis to implement mod support and say, procedurally generated levels whereas if it was an all platform game, certainly features may have had to be cut.

jaina

Question: Are the game of the year deliberations worth listening to even if you know the winners and and the jest of discussion through osmosis here and there? I am sort travelling from UK to Holland on a Coach and would love a meaty listen.

Yes it's fun. Don't expect reasonable arguments for every decision though :)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

The valuable part of the GotY stuff is hearing their arguments. The GotY podcasts have always been great just to hear heated and passionate discussion about video games, and GB always does dumb categories that are good for laughs as well.

bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bradborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bradborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bradborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bradborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne bloodborne

Myggen

New Breaking Brad on Wednesday.

giphy.gif

Wunder

It would be cool if in XCOM2 you're actually playing as the bad guys and the alien colonization has done way more good than bad.

was thinking the same thing, or you play as the aliens and you're trying to stop these rebels from ruining all the progress you've made

I think its better in some cases. Knowing where they end up makes some discussions more interesting. Like they spend an hour building up a game while you know it doesn't win. Knowing the drop is coming is sometimes better

Whoa whoa whoa we all know sequels to XCOMs are supposed to be set underwater!

But seriously, I'm bummed XCOM 2 is PC-only. I only have a basic laptop for internet browsing and word processor, and thought the first XCOM played great on consoles. I can see why they would try to take advantage of the benefits of being PC-exclusive, and if the console versions didn't sell well whatcha gunna do, but I'm still disappointed.

popo

When Vinny and Patrick say "Austin", I keep hearing it as "awesome". I guess there are worse things for your name to be misheard as.

Austin has written a more or less comprehensive and accurate recap of a Nintendo Direct in which he drops references to Romance of the Three Kingdoms and anime

a new age has dawned at the ol' GB

daydream

Banned
Austin has written a more or less comprehensive and accurate recap of a Nintendo Direct in which he drops references to Romance of the Three Kingdoms and anime

oh my, finally

alex's and patrick's "summaries" were the worst

Zaph

And he did it in a bullet-pointed, quick to read list without shoehorning any unnecessary styling to pad it out.

It's like he knows people do give a shit, but only a little shit, and they want to get to the shit they care about at a glance.

Anjin M

EmCee, I know you have important mod duties to attend to, but not even a courtesy link? :(

Also....

I went to search for Brad's twitter and started typing Bard. I blame each and every one of you em-effers.

santeesioux

Anime and Dynasty Warriors? What is this site coming to?!?
It's pretty cool we might finally have someone there that likes the criminlally underrated Warriors games.

Xater

Anime and Dynasty Warriors? What is this site coming to?!?
It's pretty cool we might finally have someone there that likes the criminlally underrated Warriors games.

That would be great because the only other respectable source for Warriors opinions so far has been Jim Sterling. I would welcome another one who's in the know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom