• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Green on his recent bloodborne stream said giantbomb hadn't invited him yet to hang out at E3.

Of course Jeff is injured and can't really travel but still. INVITE HIM YOU JERKS! Milo too!

Witcher 2 people, I just got to the part where I'm fighting
a dragon
on a tower. How much further do I have to go?

I..i dont know because i think you side with Iorveth and i never went down that path : / It's one of the crazy things that game does, where you straight up get locked out of almost half of the game's content depending on the choices you made.

but the game is 3 acts long and act 3 is MUCHHHHHH shorter than the previous 2. It's almost an epilogue compared to the other acts.

Iorveth > Roche

when picking between terrorist with no morals vs a fascist trying to keep the peace, well, I lean on the peace guy because fuck the other noise. Though both are turds, at least Roche is a turd i can get behind.

Under a half hour. Shorter depending on how much you talk to people.
Whoa whoa, really? I was expecting like, ten hours. I'm suddenly very excited at the prospect of playing Witcher 3 soon. Tonight, even!

The part where you get on a boat with Roche or go save the elves were being burnt alive in the tower

Ooh yeah. Why would anybody want to help the elves? Fuck the elves.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when picking between terrorist with no morals vs a fascist trying to keep the peace, well, I lean on the peace guy because fuck the other noise. Though both are turds, at least Roche is a turd i can get behind.

The 'terrorist', likely only called that because he's not a human, has morals. You'd know that if you did his story.

you guys are really going to make me play the other Act 2 before playing TW3, arent you?

I hate you all.

The 'terrorist', likely only called that because he's not a human, has morals. You'd know that if you did his story.

I know, nothing is as black and white as i just painted it. I just wanted to push for Roche since i had a feeling people were going to side with the elves.

Roche is a legit badass and i look forward to any and all future appearances by him in the series.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whoa whoa, really? I was expecting like, ten hours. I'm suddenly very excited at the prospect of playing Witcher 3 soon. Tonight, even!

Ooh yeah. Why would anybody want to help the elves? Fuck the elves.

Well, it doesn't seem to be overt in Witcher 2 but the back story of the Witcher includes humans just appearing out of nowhere and murdering the fuck out of everybody that was already there, walking across the land going all this is mine like humans do.

Well, it doesn't seem to be overt in Witcher 2 but the back story of the Witcher includes humans just appearing out of nowhere and murdering the fuck out of everybody that was already there, walking across the land going all this is mine like humans do.

the elves are very much the native americans getting their asses handed to them by the euro invaders of the witcher world. since i know people here are history buffs, i figure they would get that reference.

Visiting Vergen and not having a group of poor elf girls burn to death is reason enough to chose Iorveth you Roche sympathizing monsters.

that's the thing, both sides did some dirt and no one has their hands clean in the mess that is the witcher's world.

But Roche is boss as fuck, and when the time came to HUGE TW2 SPOILERS
do something to that fucking rapist of a king I let Roche fuck that guy up to his heart's content

WOO! GO HUMANS YEAH!
tumblr_nlrb2kAF1r1rd71oeo1_400.gif

The Witcher elves are the only version of elves in fantasy that aren't boring as fuck.

That's true, yeah, but fuck 'em.

I'm so excited to play Witcher 3. Where's the cheapest place to buy? PC, naturally.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So speaking of choices that I didn't realize I had in The Witcher 2, if I go back and finish my save (I'm waiting for CDPR to stop patching in new bugs before playing 3 any more, haven't touched it since the night it launched) will I still have that dumb tattoo if I import the character?

In defense of Roche's side-Iorveth didn't have a sidequest where you drunkenly attempted to make a raft out of whores. That's the kind of bonding that makes somebody choose boat drinks over saving a bunch of burning people. I really was not expecting the game to turn into The Hangover like that when I wandered in and started talking to his soldiers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you side with Iorveth, you get to be friends with
danzig dwarf, bird sorceress AND A FUCKING DRAGON

if you side with Roche you get to be friends with
that one soldier girl and a bunch of limey scumbag racist humans

So speaking of choices that I didn't realize I had in The Witcher 2, if I go back and finish my save (I'm waiting for CDPR to stop patching in new bugs before playing 3 any more, haven't touched it since the night it launched) will I still have that dumb tattoo if I import the character?

In defense of Roche's side-Iorveth didn't have a sidequest where you drunkenly attempted to make a raft out of whores. That's the kind of bonding that makes somebody choose boat drinks over saving a bunch of burning people.

Yes.

Little things like that make CDPR god-tier developers.

Maybe now that some folks have either gone back to play TW2 or are knee deep into TW3 you'll understand my frustration with Jeff regarding how games handle their branching narratives and how apparently there are no consequences in the end wrt the choices made.

because i was shaking my head all like Brah, brah, but TW2 pretty much does exactly what you wished big devs would do regarding branching narratives in games.

Fallout New Vegas dabbles in some excellent branching stuff as does Mathew Rorie's Alpha Protocol (obsidian are some of the best at this) but nothing with the production values that TW2 has has had the balls to do what it does. once you finish your playthrough and review the possible choices you couldve made and how there was shit you didn't even know were choices that actually were and how that shit changes the game up, man, it's hard to sit around waiting for the next Bethesda RPG, knowing that shit is going to be stilted as fuck and written for 12 year olds who love binary choice making.

Hey Steam's having a sale on Assassin's Creed games.

Brotherhood's only $5!

Ubi is being shitty as fuck about their discounts on steam. AssCreed Rogue is going for $32 on steam whereas you can get a Uplay key from Amazon for $12. they're pretty much charging a $20 Steam tax if you're trying to buy it through there. Shameless shit.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
For god's sake it's TUESDAY guys. I looked it up, there is no place on earth where it is weekend right now. Stahp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom