• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda why his movement is so odd. Geralt can move extremely fast going forward and backward but side to side is tedious.

They added the over the shoulder view because of the immersion factor pretty late in development.

Just looked up some gameplay. Holy shit this does look like an over the shoulder Diablo game. There are numbers coming out of the enemy and the swings look super awkward lol.

Just looked up some gameplay. Holy shit this does look like an over the shoulder Diablo game. There are numbers coming out of the enemy and the swings look super awkward lol.

It was built on Bioware's Neverwinter Nights engine. It's such a different game, gameplay-wise compared to 2 and 3. I wasn't a fan of how the game played but the plot was super compelling.

It was built on Bioware's Neverwinter Nights engine. It's such a different game, gameplay-wise compared to 2 and 3. I wasn't a fan of how the game played but the plot was super compelling.

Well from what I've seen on the Witcher in general I wouldn't really be playing it for the gameplay. The world sounds super interesting and its really cool how choices completely change the game and not just some few lines of dialogue.

Zaph

I genuinely preferred Witcher 1's combat. The timing click based stuff was good fun and looked really cool when you got a high combo. It was like Batman Diablo.

Witcher 2 completed. That game goes quick when you ignore the side quests.

End game decision:
I let Letho go.
That definitely won't bite me in the ass ever!

danm999

Witcher 2 completed. That game goes quick when you ignore the side quests.

End game decision:
I let Letho go.
That definitely won't bite me in the ass ever!

Makes sense to me.

After all, Geralt was interfering in politics at the beginning of the game too. Be a bit hypocritical to off Letho for the same thing.

TW2
i remember still fighting and killing lethos for framing me and essentially forcing the entirety of the events of TW2 on me when I just wanted to find Yennifer. He basically paid the price for making my life a giant fucking side quest for 25 hours.

But yeah I don't disagree with the reasonings presented in this thread, just saying that the guy ain't no saint.

danm999

TW2
i remember still fighting and killing lethos framing me and essentially forcing the entirety of the events of TW2 on me when I just wanted to find Yennifer. He basically paid the price for making my life a giant fucking side quest for 25 hours.

But yeah I don't disagree with the reasonings presented in this thread, just saying that the guy ain't no saint.

I was ready to kill him for that too but when Letho told me if I hadn't been breaking the Witcher's code and playing bodyguard I never would have accidentally been framed in the first place.

Really good story on these games.

I was ready to kill him for that too but when Letho told me if I hadn't been breaking the Witcher's code and playing bodyguard I never would have accidentally been framed in the first place.

Really good story on these games.
Sure, people say all sorts of things when backed into a corner. Pfff.

But really, I just didn't feel like I could let him continue doing his thing given the level of instability it was causing. Regardless of how sound his reasoning was, his actions weren't being committed in a vacuum. But whatevs, the fact that everyone feels they made the choice they wanted to make and that the game doesn't make any choice seem poorer than the other just goes to show how well done that whole ending was.

danm999

Sure, people say all sorts of things when backed into a corner. Pfff.

But really, I just didn't feel like I could let him continue doing his thing given the level of instability it was causing. Regardless of how sound his reasoning was, his actions weren't being committed in a vacuum. But whatevs, the fact that everyone feels they made the choice they wanted to make and that the game doesn't make any choice seem poorer than the other just goes to show how well done that whole ending was.

Absolutely. The way it handled choice and let you justify things to yourself is so organic it's one of the closest games I've ever felt to having a real GM fucking with me and using my decisions to drive the story while I play.

hamchan

TW2
i remember still fighting and killing lethos for framing me and essentially forcing the entirety of the events of TW2 on me when I just wanted to find Yennifer. He basically paid the price for making my life a giant fucking side quest for 25 hours.

The way I saw it was that
the dude just wanted to restore his own Witcher group, something I would have probably done too. Plus I kinda didn't care about all the asshole kings getting killed, seriously they were all dirtbags. Letho also helped Geralt try to find Yennefer before the memory loss, so he was a bro.

danm999

the dude just wanted to restore his own Witcher group, something I would have probably done too. Plus I kinda didn't care about all the asshole kings getting killed, seriously they were all dirtbags. Letho also helped Geralt try to find Yennefer before the memory loss, so he was a bro.

Witcher 3 Letho stuff;

I invited him back to Kaer Morhen after I helped fake his death so we're gonna bro out there.

I doubt Geralt
would go to the lengths that Letho did. It's less about the couple kings he killed and more about the resulting instability and war that will kill tens of thousands. I guess you could argue that Nilfgaard would have invaded at some point no matter what but Letho's actions made it a certainty.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe it's because I've been at work so much, but Witcher 3 feels like something that I've already put so much time into and still feel like I'm nowhere near the end of it and I'm kind of getting to that, 'Ok I got responsibilities and shit, I don't want to spend all of 2015 trying to finish this and not playing other games during my sparse free time.'

Jintor

i should probably read a wiki on witcher 2 and try and rmeember wtf i was doing at all

all i remember was: something about a dragon, something about a bunch of kings dying, something about hunting griffins or some shit, some elven renegades and then we were in a camp?

also I banged like everything. I think. Or maybe that was Witcher 1.

KingKong

Maybe it's because I've been at work so much, but Witcher 3 feels like something that I've already put so much time into and still feel like I'm nowhere near the end of it and I'm kind of getting to that, 'Ok I got responsibilities and shit, I don't want to spend all of 2015 trying to finish this and not playing other games during my sparse free time.'

it definitely keeps going and going, I thought I was going to wrap it up these past two days but I think I still have at least 3 quests to go

"I made a poster for the current GB staff"
2754511-gb+colored.jpg

lol at brad

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Patrick isn't at GB anymore so that poster sucks

Awesome art

hamchan

The person who turned their back on Giant Bomb!!!!1!

(I know the person specifically said that's not what he intended).

#myinterpretation #deathoftheauthor

That's how I interpret it too. Plus that ghost on the TV is a symbol of him being like a ghost haunting our Giant Bomb memories. The light from the TV makes him cast a shadow over Giant Bomb too. This author, so sneaky with this symbolism.

justjim89

Someone ought to warn Vinny and Brad that in TW3 if you're 6 levels ahead of a sidequest or contract's recommended level, you no longer gain XP for it. Not a bug, a designed feature. For someone that likes to do everything and explore every nook and cranny, you can quickly find yourself overleveled for quests you had meant to do.

danm999

Hah, just noticed the Waluigi hat in the nacho cheese.

Someone ought to warn Vinny and Brad that in TW3 if you're 6 levels ahead of a sidequest or contract's recommended level, you no longer gain XP for it. Not a bug, a designed feature. For someone that likes to do everything and explore every nook and cranny, you can quickly find yourself overleveled for quests you had meant to do.

Yeah I try to clear em as soon as I get to the level they're intended for, but my biggest criticism of the game is probably that it's bad at doling out level appropriate quests sometimes.

Played an hour or so of Witcher 3. I can already tell is just... way fucking better in every way. The facial animations do a ton, and the voice acting is better too. Really polished in a way Witcher 2 didn't come close.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

There's a xp bug where green quests also dont give xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom