• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
It's an odd choice to keep Patrick in but omit Ryan.

Wondered the same thing.

Just like a big banner atop the entire thing - "Hey everybody it's Tuesday!!"

The creator's original post goes into some detail on the decisions he/she made. I don't think every piece of GB fandom has to have that particular nod. At some point it starts to seem disingenuous or insincere.

As for the rest of it, I think it captures Jason fantastically.

Anjin M

The creator's original post goes into some detail on the decisions he/she made. I don't think every piece of GB fandom has to have that particular nod. At some point it starts to seem disingenuous or insincere.

As for the rest of it, I think it captures Jason fantastically.

I'm more surprised by Patrick's inclusion (though he hasn't been away from the site for that long) than I was about Ryan's exclusion. At a certain point, some of that Ryan stuff feels creepy to me. He was amazing and I miss him. But at the same time, it's morbid to constantly summon his ghost. Let the man rest in peace.

I'm more surprised by Patrick's inclusion (though he hasn't been away from the site for that long) than I was about Ryan's exclusion. At a certain point, some of that Ryan stuff feels creepy to me. He was amazing and I miss him. But at the same time, it's morbid to constantly summon his ghost. Let the man rest in peace.

Pretty much. Patrick-GB has mentioned they still have a place for him for GoTY stuff. So it makes sense to include him. Ryan will always be part of the site, but it's ok to not include him in fan art.

danm999

I feel we Australians are getting away with murder (well; none of us got away with it, why do you think we're all down here) in that we call it soccer too but Americans get all the ire.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty much. Patrick-GB has mentioned they still have a place for him for GoTY stuff. So it makes sense to include him. Ryan will always be part of the site, but it's ok to not include him in fan art.

Why the fuck would Patrick be a part of the GOTY?

One of those guest lists sure, and that's probably what they meant.

GavinGT

Banned
2754511-gb+colored.jpg

I like how he took the term "small businessman" literally.

Why the fuck would Patrick be a part of the GOTY?

One of those guest lists sure, and that's probably what they meant.

Why not? I mean a guest list sure, but I wouldn't mind to hear him arguing.

Except this year. Because we all know he'll be against MGS:TPP winning GotY.

Nero18

Dont know if it was intended or not, but its a nice detail to have Patrick be the only with his back towards the viewer.

Myggen

Dont know if it was intended or not, but its a nice detail to have Patrick be the only with his back towards the viewer.

From the post the artist made:

-Patrick, I hope no one looks at this picture and goes "MAN THE ARTIST IS IMPLYING THAT PATRICK KLEPEK TURNED HIS BACK ON GB" or something stupid like that. I was probably like one of those guys when I first joined GB. I didn't like you that much, but over the years you became something I regularly looked forward to listening to, even after moving out to Chicago. Also you pronounce my name right on your Streams so fuck yeah man.

I don't think he meant anything by it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The poster is basically giant bomb's last supper.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why not? I mean a guest list sure, but I wouldn't mind to hear him arguing.

Except this year. Because we all know he'll be against MGS:TPP winning GotY.

He is not a GB employee why would he? He's as relevant to GB these days as Totillo or Greg miller, as in not relevant at all. He moved on to other stuff which is fine, but I don't go to my last job's Xmas party when I dont work there anymore :p

This sounds more harsh than intended, I like Patrick, but he simply has nothing to do with the site anymore

Did you guys listen to his latest three beers deep? He was basically isolated from GB since going back to Chicago, I don't think he really has any burning desire to be on the GOTY discussion, especially not when he has a different job with another company that will be doing GOTY decisions.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yes, it'll be Patrick and Brad Nicholson and Dave will be there and Kessler and Alexis. Funnily enough no Brad, Jeff or Vinny.

He is not a GB employee why would he? He's as relevant to GB these days as Totillo or Greg miller, as in not relevant at all. He moved on to other stuff which is fine, but I don't go to my last job's Xmas party when I dont work there anymore :p

This sounds more harsh than intended, I like Patrick, but he simply has nothing to do with the site anymore

Meh, former GB staff are GB staff for life.

danm999

I can see them Skyping Patrick in for a Best Horror award or something since they've been calling it the Patrick Klepek presents award for years now anyway.

But on all the awards? Between Jeff, Brad, Dan, Drew, Jason, Vinny, Alex and Austin it might get a bit crowded adding more people.

LiK

I genuinely preferred Witcher 1's combat. The timing click based stuff was good fun and looked really cool when you got a high combo. It was like Batman Diablo.

TW3 felt a lot more like TW1 combat which was nice. Dancing my way to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom