• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys keep talking about dogs dying in fallout, the only dog that died in Fallout New Vegas was the one I paid to kill so that I could take its brain and use it to repair the melting brain of my goddamn cyberdog, Rex.

New Vegas takes bird poops from high on top of the empire state building right onto fallout 3.

you guys keep talking about dogs dying in fallout, the only dog that died in Fallout New Vegas was the one I paid to kill so that I could take its brain and use it to repair the melting brain of my goddamn cyberdog, Rex.

New Vegas takes bird poops from high on top of the empire state building right onto fallout 3.

real talk

the best part about fallout 4 is that maybe obsidian will drop a follow-up to it two years later

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Dogmeat canonically died in the original Fallout according to the greatest instruction manual ever printed (Fallout 2).

Even though he kind of appears in Fallout 2. But that's a hallucination. Or just an easter egg. I don't think it counts.

It was reported on negatively, and of course the internet got mad because it's clueless, but was there ever anything out of Obsidian?

i remember rumblings about Obsidian being pretty bitter that they missed out on their bonuses because the metacritic score came in 1 point below what beth wanted.

I'm still holding out hope that they would tackle another Fallout RPG because New Vegas pretty much wrecks Fallout 3 in just about every category. But they seem content in working on smaller projects these days, after being burned on Matt Rorie's Alpha Protocol and FNV and the long development of South Park's Paper Mario. Pillars seems to be doing well for them at least.

Myggen

Jeff too. I like that they aren't just posting news but leave their own thoughts too.

That's what Jeff has said that he wants news stories to be on the site: Reporting, but also the author's thoughts about the news. Which is probably why they hired Austin, who's more a critic than a reporter.

There's a hundred sites I can go to if I want to read just news or reworded press releases. I'm glad they're putting their thoughts into the news, it adds value and makes me want to read it on Giant Bomb as opposed to elsewhere.

Austin is so far above anyone else in writing ability.

that can happen when you put a phd candidate against people with bachelor's degrees, sham degrees, and no college experience.

my only concern was that his "voice" would feel out of place at GB but it definitely doesn't

great hire

Wunder

Yeah that was a pretty good article from Austin, made me excited for Fallout especially since I couldn't really get into 3 or NV. Hope he brings that kind of insight for the press conferences!

I was wrong, Bradborne is at 2pm pacific today.

and I'm not giving Dan shit, it worked out for him. but a liberal arts degree that is so liberal that he didn't actually have to go to class or complete assignments is pretty much a sham degree.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Then how does he know he won't like it? Somebody needs to dye some Mayo yellow and give it to him.

I imagine it would be a lot easier than that. Just dare him to eat something with mayonnaise on it. Put a dollar on the line if you really want to see him eat an egg-based sandwich spread that badly.

First you'd have to get the entire internet to stop caring about Dan's mayo habits though, because the entertainment it gives him has to outweigh any possible benefit from finding a new condiment he may enjoy.

Zaph

Jeff's alluding to some Giant Bomb shenanigans at PAX.

Apparently, if you're going, get there a day early (Thursday)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom