• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

We don't get the fresh reactions of the New York office on the Beastcast.
You'd think it be good for the site aswell if they had a timely reaction video or podcast when news drops.

I've never really seen the point of reaction videos/podcasts when they do a big podcast every week (and now two). They're gonna talk about it, but just a few days later. I'll make an exception for the biggest kind of news, like the Xbone DRM stuff, but not this.

Fox318

Right now the new york setup is kinda odd right?

Like they found some desk in a corner to put everyone then then they built a podcast studio for somebody else that they can use once a week

Right now the new york setup is kinda odd right?

Like they found some desk in a corner to put everyone then then they built a podcast studio for somebody else that they can use once a week

They didn't build the podcast studio, they (or Vinny) built the QL/streaming studio.

Anjin M

i have a copy of fallout brotherhood of steel in my house

i can play that instead

It wasn't a great Fallout game (not that anything has since Fallout 2), but I thought it was a fun variation of the BGDA style of action-RPG. Mowing enemies down with a mini-gun and power armor was a fun way to end that game.

edit://
We don't get the fresh reactions of the New York office on the Beastcast.
You'd think it be good for the site aswell if they had a timely reaction video or podcast when news drops.

Quick reactions to a massive breaking news story are interesting. Like, say, the Xbox 180. Fallout 4 was the worst kept secret in gaming.

KingKong

reminder about the best Giant Bomb moment ever

dhYDkH4.png

I'd say lots of people did. But people on gaf think gaf's opinion is the majority and not the minority that it usually is.

given how much GAF has wet themselves about incoming FO4, just like the rest of the internet, this seems like generalising based on an even smaller minority

but yes, FO3 is a pretty good game
and better than Skyrim

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
given how much GAF has wet themselves about incoming FO4, just like the rest of the internet, this seems like generalising based on an even smaller minority

but yes, FO3 is a pretty good game
and better than Skyrim

But that's how 'hardcore gaming communities' always are. They'll follow the hype cycle leading up to it, they'll talk about how much they loved it the first month it's out then the next month it's 'that game was total garbage.'

But that's how 'hardcore gaming communities' always are. They'll follow the hype cycle leading up to it, they'll talk about how much they loved it the first month it's out then the next month it's 'that game was total garbage.'

Isn't it more like a lot of people are just actually playing the game, and then whoever isn't gets to scream the loudest about why they don't like it? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how much of that is just incessant bawling vs an actual large mass of disapproving voices

but yeah, I'm familiar with the Zelda Cycle, I've seen this happen a lot with other games

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
isn't it more like a lot of people are just actually playing the game, and then whoever isn't gets to scream the loudest about why they don't like it

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how much of that is just incessant bawling vs an actual large mass of disapproving voices

Nah, I can find actual posts from actual neogaf users doing this. I remember a mod praising Chinatown Wars through the roof then a month later 'man that game's a piece of shit' in another thread.

Really popular games tend to have that period of backlash. Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite... but this is the first I've heard of people not liking Fallout 3. I thought it was the golden child?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Really popular games tend to have that period of backlash. Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite... but this is the first I've heard of people not liking Fallout 3. I thought it was the golden child?

It's Oblivion with guns and brown. A lot of people like Oblivion, a lot of people like Skyrim. A lot of people hate them. I find them to be big dumb fun things to run around in with entirely forgettable games and stories inside.

Nah, I can find actual posts from actual neogaf users doing this. I remember a mod praising Chinatown Wars through the roof then a month later 'man that game's a piece of shit' in another thread.

Opinions can change about games given time to reflect, of course. It just meshes really, really badly with the internet's need for hyperbole.

And of course said poster could have just been pandering either time. Who knows. Who's really honest.

Except me of course. I'm honest. I liked Skyward Sword a lot and no-one can make me say otherwise

I usually have a good time with Bethesda games for about five hours and then I just stop caring about them and never go back. It's weird, because I couldn't tell you anything I particularly dislike about the games, I guess they just don't grab me for whatever reason.

Anjin M

People didn't like FO3? I loved it

People loved FO3, but I did not. I really enjoyed the first to Fallout games and the Bethesda style doesn't do it for me personally. So I'm one of those people.

I usually have a good time with Bethesda games for about five hours and then I just stop caring about them and never go back. It's weird, because I couldn't tell you anything I particularly dislike about the games, I guess they just don't grab me for whatever reason.

The only Bethesda game I ever play for longer than an couple hours was Daggerfall. I think I got my fill of their game then. Again, I know it's just me.

Thanks for the link. I know what I'm doing with my lunch hour now. :)

Bacon

I've been going back through some old tnt's lately. I think there is a lot of good stuff in there that people tend to forget about nowadays. At the very least it's good stuff to throw on in the background while you are doing something else.

Hey, won't find any argument here. Infinite is one of my favorite games ever, and I think it's a milestone in gaming.

But some people just looooath it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bioshock Infinite is still terrible and that's not a reaction to anything, you can find me saying that the night I finished it which was near release. My positive opinion of that game was completely gone by the time I was halfway through it.

Hey, won't find any argument here. Infinite is one of my favorite games ever, and I think it's a milestone in gaming.

But some people just looooath it.

it's got maybe the most insulting introductory puzzle I've seen in a game

and the huge steps back in gameplay design don't do it any favors either

BioShock Infinite is still good.

Yeah. I said it.

its first 5 or so hours are amazing, possibly one of my favorite game experiences ever.

it's that last 8-10 hours of playing through a mediocre fps with waves and waves of enemies that was tiresome even at release. I've recommended that anyone who was even mildly interested in playing it to drop the difficulty to easy and just enjoy the ride.

at least those 2 campaign DLCs were pretty enjoyable.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The ride isn't even enjoyable by then. You've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer except the new and exciting ways they found to ruin the story that had promise earlier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my dog in Fallout just wandered away.

I never brought my dog anywhere in Fallout 3 due to worrying about losing it because it'll just run the fuck off and has almost no leash.

I had the same fears with Chop. Video game dogs should be invulnerable and impossible to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom