• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

This picture from the banner contest thing on the schedule will never fail to make me laugh:

2753716-uooyrns.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand why Dan brought up Dracula. Was he insinuating that Vlad is a vampire? Because if there's one thing I learned from Magicka it's that Vlad most definitely isn't a vampire.
Vlad the Impaler was real life Dracula. The vampire thing came later, namely from Bram Stoker.

Wiki says: "Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia (1431–1476/77), was a member of the House of Drăculești, a branch of the House of Basarab, also known, using his patronymic, as (Vlad) Drăculea or (Vlad) Dracula."

repeater

To be fair, the game being streamed on places like GB probably actually HURTS its sales because people can see for themselves that there's nothing very exciting about the game at all, but without buying it.
So I reckon this is a good thing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Jeff made me aware of this fantasic video, so yeah his taste is alright https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ffH_Mp74xh4
Ha I remember that! Kinda catchy still.
dude I have all of her albums but February is just like three degrees more awesome than Heavenly to me. but my bias towards good electropop is not new news.

even that most recent album was killer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTTmYLMgyPU

she was 38 in that video. I love her so much it hurts
Is this where I can promote this bad ass Swedish electro song by Familjen? Just get to 1:15 and you'll know what I mean. 2:10 is when it starts getting distorted and it's so good.

TraBuch

Banned
Remember when people were calling Bully a Columbine simulator before it came out? Then it came out and those people looked like complete fucking idiots.

Good times.

Vlad the Impaler was real life Dracula. The vampire thing came later, namely from Bram Stoker.

Wiki says: "Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia (1431–1476/77), was a member of the House of Drăculești, a branch of the House of Basarab, also known, using his patronymic, as (Vlad) Drăculea or (Vlad) Dracula."
Vlad being called Vlad and acting like a vampire but insisting he definitely isn't one is a running gag in the series.

found the best way to cope with his passing was to listen to the older podcasts.

At first, it's tough to hear him knowing that he isn't with us anymore. But after a while, you can't help but revel with him when he finds something stupid or hilarious, and as time passes you just learn to enjoy the fact that there's so much of this great duder available to listen and watch until his passing no longer hurts. Instead, you just find yourself even more appreciative of him and his work and every time he pops up again you think of all the smiles and laughs he got out of you instead of being sad that he's gone.

So, yeah, seeing that bday twitter didn't make me sad, it made me smile and happy because I remember how that amazing duder made me feel and laugh so many times over the years. Just good memories about a hell of a guy. And wherever he might be, he's probably crackin' wise and riffing at all the nonsense that constantly surrounds us on a daily basis.

Yeah, it's days like today that make me remember not just how much I miss Ryan, but how much I've come to value Giant Bomb, and everyone there. It will truly go down, in my mind, as one of the best memories I have associated with gaming.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dear lord. They're doing a Hatred Quick Look later today. 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific. Their first AO rated quick look?

5zqvOc8.png

well this will be hilarious. does the Eastern time being first say that Beast will be covering this one?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh ok, gotcha. They should color code the announcements just to give some clarification.

From what I've seen of hatred I agree with jeff's opinion on it.

It just seems dumb.

I watched the ending cutscene, its fucking stupid.

Also apparently its not even a good game so they failed on that end as well.

Will pour another 40 for Ryan :(

Him interacting with the new hires would have been fucking glorious :/

*pours 40*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom