• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"that's what I want and you will tell me" read like a fucking power rangers villain

my god, I'm losing it because I thought it was fake dubbed-over dialogue, but it's real

the only people that should be kept away from this are the people that take this seriously

I want to meet those people. So far all the coverage I've seen of the game is all taking the piss out of it pretty hard. Besides the walk throughs no one is really showing positive feelings about this game. Fine by me, it looks like shit, no doubt plays terribly and it definitely looks technically inefficient.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
lol wtf I must have missed the last 30 seconds of that 3ds story before

latest

sikkinixx

Skimming back through Ryan's Twitter account bummed me out. Miss that guy on the show. Him and Dan would have been hilarious to see interact. RIP.

Myggen

Jeff said in the QL that Hatred is one of the most popular games on Steam. Is that actually true? It's not in the top 100 on the Steam Stats page, and it isn't in the top 25 best seller list either. And seeing that it only came out 3 days ago, it doesn't seem like its doing very well.

He was probably basing it on the reports of it going to the top of the best seller list on Steam the day it was released, but it seems to have dropped like a stone since then.

Zaph

Okay seriously, Mary might be secretly the best at QL's.

This Massive Chalice stream with Brad Muir is pretty good, she's really funny.

Majine

Banned
If there is one redeeming quality, I think Hatred visually looks pretty good. Especially in that sewers level. Detailed environments, nice lighting.

daydream

Banned
It's also madly on sale.

Regardless, everyone should have it and play it. That's a solid fighting game and I really don't get into fighters that much.

BEOWULF AND BIG BAND DA BES

couldn't really get into it, too technical

love everything else about it, though. might give it a second shot on vita.

Anjin M

Okay seriously, Mary might be secretly the best at QL's.

This Massive Chalice stream with Brad Muir is pretty good, she's really funny.

That's good to hear. I remember a lot of complaints about her and Evolve.

edit://
I picked up Skullgirls when it came out on 360. I've never been good at fighting games and Skullgirls did not teach me what I was hoping to learn.

That's good to hear. I remember a lot of complaints about her and Evolve.

I think it's because she pushed Evolve so hard that it seemed like she was shilling for it. I think like every time she got on UPF, she was doing an Evolve segment.

I think she just liked it a lot.

It's very interesting to hear Jeff and Dan talking about this game without bringing up all the shock value stuff.

Myggen

All the talk about Hatred looking bad is overblown, its decent looking

I mean, it just looks fucking boring. Not the worst game in the world, but it looks like one of the most boring games you can play.

How the hell did Hatred get an AO rating anyway? It looks tame as fuck compared to most violence these days.

Probably because of the game's singular focus on killing people just for "the fun of it". The theme more than just the content itself.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How the hell did Hatred get an AO rating anyway? It looks tame as fuck compared to most violence these days.

Probably just the theme.
Let's be honest here, if you were shooting zombies instead of civilians in that game NOBODY would care even a bit about it.
It would probably actually be a better game cause at least zombies would do something more than just stand around and be unthreatening.

I picked up Skullgirls when it came out on 360. I've never been good at fighting games and Skullgirls did not teach me what I was hoping to learn.
That sucks. I found the tutorial to be very helpful when I first started to learn to play fighting games properly.

I'm hoping there's some combination of things in cutscenes or easter eggs because I don't get it either.

Kurdel

Banned
I hope the Hatred quick look will discourage people from buying this game.

But I am sure plenty of 14 year olds will find "cleansing" police stations fun.

TraBuch

Banned
So yeah, I'm transferring 1.7 TB from one external HD to another using USB 2.0.

Needless to say, I regret still having USB 2.0.

DON'T YOU SEE I CAN BE THE JUSTICE THAT THIS WORLD NEEDS THROUGH THIS VIDEO GAME...fear me little AI cretins, I will find and remove you from this world wahahaha!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I think those folks already have GTA for that though, which is much more fun and also let's you do much more stuff.
This seems lame even compared to GTA 2.

deadman69

because the ESRB doesn't play the games, the devs give them a list of things in the game and they decide by that. they might go back and play it later on to check their system but they don't do it for all games.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
All the talk about Hatred looking bad is overblown, its decent looking

It looks about as good as default engine objects and environment parts look. I don't know if the developers actually built anything from the ground up for this, but if they did it's the absolute most generic environment building I've seen since booting up UE3 for the first time in freshmen year of college. I get the look and style they're going for with the color temperature and overall coloring of the world, but it does nothing for their game. It's just drab and uninspired, but I guess that's what they were doing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Their youtube uploader is broken again. And they didn't upload the stuff from when it broke last time, either. Atleast the Invisible Inc. QL is missing. I guess it's really low on their priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom